Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDing trigger

CDing trigger

Lately, I've been feeling manly and have had no desire to CD. This has lasted in some form for a month or two. I think it was because I felt the need to focus on higher priority activities in my life. but...

The other day, my wife fell down due to some medication she was taking, but she is okay. The scare really made me think about our relationship...what's working what's not...what if? kind of worries.

However,...almost immediately the night and day after I really started to have the urge to dress. I didn't feel like going out or anything, but I just needed to dress...like a mini vacation.

Anyone else get the sudden urge after a stressful event?

Triggers

Oh yes, stress will do that to me every time. Sort of an alter ego thing, a comfortable place to go and be away from life as it happens en drab.

Kerry

In my case it was major surgery with an extended stay in the hospital. However, on a daily basis, its when she uses the "voice" on me in a question or answering mode. That stress or the teens pushing my buttons start me thinking. Sometimes its only make up and undressing but once or twice I wanted the whole thing.

Alice

STRESS can be and is a trigger - when I get stressed and despondent, it

ususlly is because I NEED to dress, but cannot find the time - that makes

me irritable and depressed

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Waking up in the morning
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Stress is a trigger for me, of course. The latest Talbots catalog in the mail is a trigger. Seeing a beautiful woman is a trigger. Seeing a not-so-beautiful woman is a trigger. Breathing is a trigger.

You're right though. Stress is one of the largest triggers for us, it seems. Maybe dressing is an "escape" from being a male. Maybe it's the "arts and crafts" aspect of doing our makeup. Maybe it's the feeling of softness and "it's just right-ness" that comes over us when we dress. Unfortunately, what is a stress relief for us can sometimes be stressful for the ones we love. Like many things in life, it's all about balance.

Kathi

New Girl On The Block NikkiBeth's Avatar
    [SIZE="2"]Stress is what triggers me as well, and then add the fact that I have no time in my day or night to allow Nikki to visit, it just adds to the stress.
    I had a breif time where Nikki could come to work , but that has ended with the fact that my kitchen is open for unannounced visits to maintain my kosher certification, along with a part-time soon to be full time business partner popping in occasionlly as well.
    I am counting the days until the week in April when the family leaves for a week![/SIZE]

When am really stressed from work, and I haven't had the opportunity to dress I can feel my personality change were am tense and I am more short tempered. It's amazing how at peace I feel when am dressed. Maybe that's why I only have a couple of non-fem underwear. I think my wife notices the change also. Under those stressful time she would say "your acting like a men".

Dressed and loving it Julieanne's Avatar
    I agree with JenniferAnn -- "It's amazing how at peace I feel when am dressed."

Dressing is a great stress reliever. In my "what if" world, all guys dress when stressed and the world becomes a more peaceful place.

Julieanne

Sign me up as another of the 'stress reliever/calming influence' - although really it's just expressing "me" so sometimes it doesn't even need a trigger.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Not in my case. Stressful "what if" moments in my life to do with my wife and family make me want to dress less. I dress most when everything is going well for me and I'm happy .... which fortunately for me, is how things usually are.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

For me, stress is definately a trigger, but I just plain enjoy dressing. Stress or not I feel more relaxed.

is in her vest
    is getting up in the morning a stressful event? (laughs)

dressing up is a great for stress release.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

As others have said, getting up?

My wife is a tease, she says she doesn't like me dressing, but she pushes buttons, like she'll open the latest Sears flyer and show me a nice model in something skimpy and ask if I like the undies, then if I'd like to wear them.... sometimes she puts her underwear in my drawer,, I don't think it's by accident.

Love
    Martine

Stress does it for me. Also getting up in the moring. Might as well add going to bed at night. Rainy days, snowy days, sunny days, cloudy days also have an affect.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I like to dress when I feel stressed or when I party, lol. But it seems to help with the stress.

Smile

coming home from work open the door and now i am in female mode
    Mistybtm

Quote Originally Posted by jessica19cd View Post
    or when I party, lol.
    That's my trigger. If I'm not intoxicated I don't dress as frequently.

Aspiring Member
    Used to dress in response to stress occasionally, but with an accepting wife now, I dress just about anytime we're home with more than a couple of hours to ourselves. Makes it harder to say that I'm doing it as stress relief!! I remember reading before though, that crossdressing a lot of the time is a stress relief device, but that it's a vicious circle, especially for those who don't have someone who accepts them this way - because the dressing itself then causes stress, which leads to more dressing. Still I would say it does relieve stress for me, even though that's not the main reason I do it - I really just enjoy my time enfemme! Just my
    Last edited by allisonrn06; 03-19-2009 at 04:22 AM.

Getting into my Diane mode will help relieve the stress. Nothing works as well to help forget all the troubles as putting on my dress and forgetting all the other stuff.

Aspiring Member MsSamanthaErica's Avatar
    It can definitely release the feelings of stress... and it certainly is stress-relieving (unless someone knocks on the door!). I find it's a bit of 'separation' from what we have to deal with in day to day life and that separation helps reduce your stress level. I doubt you'd find any psychiatrists saying that you should "dress to relieve stress", (hey, that rhymes and could be made into a jingle ) but it sure doesn't mean it can't work.

I think some of us, myself included, have that alter ego that loves the soft, sexy, girly things. When they come out, our stressed out selves get a relaxing breather.

As for myself, I find occassionaly I won't want to dress, but most days I get joy out of picking out some panties and pantyhose just so some sensuality can go along with my day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    A girl loves her boots...
    [SIZE="1"]"I used to have demons in my room at night
    Desire, despair, desire
    So many monsters..." -Annie Lennox
    [/SIZE]

A tease yessss!

Quote Originally Posted by MartineXdrs2 View Post
    As others have said, getting up?

My wife is a tease, she says she doesn't like me dressing, but she pushes buttons, like she'll open the latest Sears flyer and show me a nice model in something skimpy and ask if I like the undies, then if I'd like to wear them.... sometimes she puts her underwear in my drawer,, I don't think it's by accident.

Love
    Martine
    I dont know why GGs do that, as u pass a clothing article on display in a shop and ur SO or any GG friend knows u will like it, she'll always point at it even if u dont notice it and asks what u feel about it..........ahhhhh i dont know why they do that.

Stress makes me want to dress, which is most the time.

Yes I do. Stress seems to be the hot button to set me off into a bad case of the pink fog.