Thread: Purging

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't do it, like it has been sugested before put it in a box and either put it in storage or have a friend hold it for six months if after six months you don't go back for your stuff you can then donate it.

it's just temporary

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    I will also agree with the rest. I have gone years in which I haven't dressed. It was always on my mind but never really wanted to do all the work. Well, it has come back big time and now I am happy that I still have all my stuff. Some of it's ten years old, but I am enjoying the clothes now more than ever. So, please don't do it.

Elizabeth

They're right, I purged twice since being married, and I wish now I hadn't... it took years to follow the urge again, but I have, and one day I think you will again too.

And this is from someone who is 6', 187#, takes a size 12 heel, and is in the process of rebuilding a wardrobe... it would certainly be to my benefit to encourage you to purge. If you do, you will probably regret it.

Of course I could volunteer to be the friend who holds it for you for six months...

I concur with the rest, box it with some cedar and stuff it away where you won't see it or think about it for a while. I'll put five dollars on the table that in less than 5 years you'll go looking for it again.

Conversely though, IF, and I do strongly say IF you're really just looking to offer items up to the rest of us, jump over to the 'Classifieds' section of the forum and/or ebay it. I've purged my previously small collection about twice. Here I am starting to overwhelm my closet with more girly stuff now than men's, NOW looking to slowly purge out the mens drab yuckies.

I soooo miss the shoes I had when I purged about 10 years ago.

As with the others, I don't recommend it, you'll end up regretting it later.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyCD View Post
    I soooo miss the shoes I had when I purged about 10 years ago.
    Don't miss 'em, they'd be sooooo out of style by now
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

loves shoe shopping
    It's okay to purge. I've done it twice or three times before, and I'm going to purge again soon, but this time, it'll be my men's clothes that I either no longer wear, is out of style, won't fit me, or has holes in it. LOL

No way I'll purge my women's clothes! Except maybe that old pair of panties that I still have that has lost its stretchiness. And maybe some of my thongs too. I ain't into thongs no more. Well, some thongs, but not others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Don't miss 'em, they'd be sooooo out of style by now
    So true!

Awwww... They are too big for me!! Sigh....

Better just keep them.. They will come in handy sooner than you think..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    you'll regret it, store them. give it a year or so. and revisit your thoughts.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Like everyone said, Don't Purge.... Store it Away.

Take the advice that everyone has offered. Store it away, if you purge it is like throwing money away and this economy isn't getting better, you may need those clothes someday. Kimberly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Smile

I have thought of storing some of my clothes away but would never think of getting rid of all of them at once. Nice clothes are hard to find. I am sorting through my wardrobe and giving away some things that I never wear or do not fit me well and that will make room for more things. I always seem to wear something but clothes will keep if not worn for a while.