Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: told my mom

Congrats Joy, and welcome to the forum.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    she told she knew the whole time

Yeah, mine wasn't real shocked either. Good for you!

I guess my mom knows, since I do believe in the hereafter. I just never thought about it before.
    Sorta funny in a strange way! I just REALLY NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT BEFORE!
    Wow... I think she would be cool with it.... Maybe not my dad, but she would be.

Thanks for the thread, this is something that brings back memories.... Mostly good ones!

Still a little afraid..

Still a little afraid to tell my parents. I think they will accept it, but you never know..

I'm almost certain my mom knows. My room is next to the washer and dryer and one day the line broke while it was running and flooded my room while I was gone. I had some skirts and lingerie under my bed and they had to move everything in my room including the clothes to the corner to avoid it getting water damaged. When they shampooed the carpet to clean it the machine kept getting clogged with all my hair. My mom kept saying to me jokingly "Jeez your just like a girl too much hair"

I've also accidentally left pictures on there camera for a couple days so they may even know what Emily looks like. Shes always telling me that it doesn't matter what you are but who you are. I don't know if shes trying to reach out but I'm too chicken to just admit it to her.

Congrats

Congrats!!!! Moms are pretty intuitive and just know.....I wonder if my mom knows? Take advantage and go shopping with her! What a bonding experience that would be!

Good for you - it takes a lot of secrecy pressure off

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Your lucky, I was too scared to tell my mother, and now it's to late.

Banned Read only
    CONGRADULATIONS!! My mom suspected it and than was confirmed when her son got caught with one of her leotards on in karate! It was such a big weight off because we could do mother son / mother daughter stuff!

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Tal'Aura View Post

There are too many cases like yours to be simple coincidence. I must admit that I won't never understand how's that possible and how did she knew if you have not said anything...
    it's called respecting ones Kids space ..... moms do it all the time, although granted it can be tough, we struggle to believe we have prepared our kids the best we can to allow them to grow into the best they can be ........ we want no matter how old they get to protect them from all of lives worries, while at the same time knowing they need the experiances to continue to grow and be the best they can be.

Hun good on you and your mum
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I think mom's want the best for their kids and will love them no matter what!
    They may be concerned that your way in life may be difficult and worry for your well being!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    after 15 years of keeping it secret told her about my dressing and she told she knew the whole time felt such a relief
    That's wonderful. I wish I'd told mine. I think she always knew, but we couldn't talk about it....I'd have loved to be daughter she always wanted.

I was my mom's last chance at a daughter. She never dressed me as a girl, but she did let my hair grow and I had wavy curls on the back of my head. I finally insisted they be cut off when I was mistaken as a girl in 4th grade. Later, in my teen years, my mother complimented me on having nice legs.

I would have thought my mother, given the above tendencies, would have been receptive to me crossdressing. But, she wasn't. The one time she discovered my stash, I got a fire and brimstone lecture and that was the end of any chance of dialogue with her about crossdressing.

I'm like JulieC, Mom told me on several occasions that I was supposed to be a girl. She caught me a few times and wasn't cool with it. I think back and I believe taht had we lived somewhere else things might have been different. the area which I grew up is so far back in time boys dressing as girls was just unheard of.
    Truely would have been nice to do mother daughter things with her.