Thread: How to.....

nicole

How to.....

Just came back from a family dinner at a restaurant. The hostess there had done her makeup to absolute perfection, I mean it was flawless. She looked like a porcelain doll. I couldn't take my eyes off her. My question is, how do you compliment a woman/girl,who is a complete stranger, on her makeup without essentially outing yourself?

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    All you have to do is tell her "Your face is just beautiful, you look like you are glowing and you look like a porcelin doll". I think she will get the picture.

Banned Read only
    The Orion Spiral of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Virgo Supercluster
    Right - and don't hold anything back. If u truly are impressed like that, a compliment coming from you will be really felt. It will carry the power of CONVICTION and really make her feel good. As opposed to someone who is just being shallow or hitting on her. And esp for a waitress - they are so underpaid and have to put up with so much crap - you will make her day.

OTOH if u want to get a thrill for YOURSELF - if that's what ur asking - just say: ya know i am so impressed with how beautiful your makeup is. I am a crossdresser (or a TG) and believe me I really appreciate your beautiful look.
    Last edited by Elise.Matei; 03-25-2009 at 09:40 PM.

[SIZE=4]Since it sounds like the hostess put out a really good effort to do her makeup, I think she would appreciate anyone telling her she looked good. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Complimenting someone is very important in that it reinforces the effort someone made to look nice. If I were in male mode and saw her I would probably tell her what a beautiful job she does on her makeup and then let her know I do makeup for a living.(That tends to relieve most women so they know you aren't hitting on them) If I were in femme mode I would simply ask a question like "Oh my, you have such beautiful skin and your makeup is so perfect. What do you use on your eyes?" or something like that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Women can tell if a man actually admires their appearance and when they are setting up for a pass or to hit on them. Most women I know do appreciate at least having the admiration. I know I certainly appreciate it when someone tells me I look nice... [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Since I spend most of my waking hours in guy mode and been around many women that caught my attention, I would suggest that it doesn't really matter what you say but on how you you deliver it...It also helps that you do it with a sincere smile, one that involves the eyes when you do so...You wouldn't be really outed if you compliment her for how her make up came together nicely, but if you ask for specifics then you might raise some red flags either you being outed or her thinking that your a psycho of some sorts

I have given some sincere compliments in the past and all I got was a smile, blushing , even a big hug! I think all GG's appreciate a kind compliment at times.

Adrianna is right and you will be appreciated for your compliment. I have done this and it will take them by supprise but they will like the attention.

I love the compliments. Keli

I think I would compliment HER rather than her makeup. "You have such beautiful eyes!" or "you have a gorgeous complexion!" something like that.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Persephone has a good point. Make-up is a kind of an illusion, to make you look better than you actually are. So complimenting the make-up is rather a back-handed compliment. It implies, "God knows what you look like under that, but the surface is pretty good."
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by latindancer View Post
    All you have to do is tell her "Your face is just beautiful, you look like you are glowing and you look like a porcelin doll". I think she will get the picture.
    And you will have made her day for noticing. You won't out yourself as long as you don't ask for tips, or wish you had the same amount of skill with your own face

Cheers

Tash

Compliments

[SIZE=4]I find what works best for me is to give the woman a compliment on one or more of her features. As in: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] You have the most beautiful skin..... or[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] You have remarkably lovely eyes. And the way you kave your make-up today makes it/them rvrn more beautiful. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]That way I'm not complimenting her on what she wears but, in fact who she is. The make-up compliment becomes secondary. At that point, if you're brave( or really don't give a hooy about what people think-I don't) you can start a conversation by asking a make-up question. i.e. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Is that a liquid eyeliner? How did you get it on so straight?......or That's a beautiful lip color, what's it called? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Next thing you know, tou chatting with a with a new friend about make-up.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]In my experience this works best in total drab mode, and wear your wedding ring if you have one.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Whenever I deal with a woman cashier at a checkout I always look at thier finger nails. If they have exceptionally nice nails I will compliment them on this. I always get a positve reaction whch includes a thank you and a big smile. I just love to brighten a womans day by giving them a compliment on how nice they appear.

I was PAINFULLY shy through most of my life and I would have to admit that it still rears its head with some things. Like, oh, say telling a woman she is gorgeous. LOL
    I have done it a few times but wouldn't claim I was very smooth about it.

Aspiring Member
    I was shopping at Walgreen's this past week and there was a young lady who was gorgeous! I was smitten by her and had to really try hard not to stare at her when standing in line next to her. She was tall, with heels about 6 feet and weighed over 160 lbs. I guessed she was about 30 years old (young enough to be my daughter). She looked the way that I wish I could look, a real fantasy for me. She was impecably dressed in a fashionable top, a straight skirt, toeless heels with fingernails and toenails the same hot pink color and with beautifully tanned legs, arms and face. She dressed professionally and probably was shopping after she got off from work. I wanted to say something and pay her a complement but couldn't get the words out. Given another opportunity to pay a complement to someone who took the time to make herself look special I will not hesitate to say something, even if comes out somewhat lame.

JUST TELL HER !!!! You will make her efforts worthwhile

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"