Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife was going to find out sooner or later...

My wife was going to find out sooner or later...

Well Girls,

I've only joined recently. I've learned a lot. And I've been slooowly building the courage to tell my wife I crossdress. She would be the first person I've ever told (I'm a serious closet case!) So get this. I order some skirts online. I always use a private mailbox for deliveries, but of course they need the billing address (home naturally) which goes with the credit card. Never any problems. Except last week. My wife happens to also place an order from the same store for herself, to be delivered straight to our house (she's not hiding anything.) And of course her credit card billing address is the same as mine. Well, a few days after we each placed our orders, my wife was out of town on business and was eager to know the status of her order. Trouble was, she didn't have her order number with her. "No problem!" She was told by the ever so young and helpful customer service rep. "We can look it up by your billing address!" Now, let me step back a moment and ask you. Have you ever watched an accident while it was occuring and you just couldn't take your eyes off it? Well, you're watching one now. Okay, back to the story. So, our ever so young and helpful customer service rep. tells my wife she sees an order for our address in my name. Oh, oh. Now, my wife and I are about to be going away on a little anniversary trip, so my wife says to the CSR. "That little devil, he must be ordering some clothes for me for our trip!" In the words of Phil Rizzutto, "Holy cow, I think he's going to make it!" NOT! As incredible as it sounds, (and this is all from an intel dump from my wife) our ever so young and helpful customer service rep. ACTUALLY ASKED MY WIFE IF SHE'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I'D ORDERED!!!
    Ok, so now we have sizes AND styles my wife doesn't wear. Oh, shit. Well, when my wife (in an extremely despondent and intoxicated state) confronted me, she asked me: A) Had the store made a ridiculous mistake? B) Was I having an affair? C) Was I a crossdresser?

I knew I wasn't going to try to lie to her. But I sure wasn't ready for this conversation. The "conversation" has gone on (badly) for 72hrs. now. She's always been a level-headed, open-mined person. She's always said, "I'll support you no matter what." But God, she's devastated. And I feel like shit. For her and me.

If anybody has any bright ideas I'd love to here them ASAP!
    You can dress me up but you can't take me out...at least not yet.

<sigh>

No bright ideas from me as my marriage is on the rocks from my crossdressing. All I can offer is just *BIG WARM HUGGLES*.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Here is something that might help. I got it off the Tri-ess website. This was in the section for support for SO's. There is other stuff there you might want to look at and share with your wife. Best of wishes and good luck to you both in working this out.]

CARROL’S GUIDE TO RESOLVING CONFLICT BETWEEN PARTNERS

T-GIRL CLASS 101 LIFE STYLE TIPS BY CARROL ANNE

GIRLS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER????

CARROL’S GUIDE TO RESOLVING CONFLICT BETWEEN PARTNERS

(Although written by a CD, there are a lot of helpful hints here)

Conflict by nature is difficult. And yet conflict is a normal, natural aspect of any relationship. In fact, conflict handled well is healthy and can improve, even add to a relationship, leaving both of you feeling heard and understood. It is only when people handle conflict poorly that the relationship gets in trouble. How you handle conflict and what you do with the information learned during the conflict is directly related to the overall quality of your relationships.

If you approach conflict by becoming defensive, not listening, or intentionally inflicting hurt upon your partner, the conflict will go unresolved. Nor will you be supporting your relationship. Rather, you will be creating more conflict and resentment. A much more productive and healing way to handle conflict is to communicate, listen to and hear one another. Colin Powel should try this the next time he goes to Israel.

One powerful way to do this is through what I call "recreating." By this I mean actively listening and verbally reenacting each other's emotional experience. This way you communicate to each other that there is a deep understanding of how both of you are being affected. So in summary stop thinking like a man, your one of the girls now.

In order to understand where your partners coming from you have to stand in their shoes. And since we are T-girls we can!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the process, you create more closeness and trust in the relationship.

Here is a step-by-step guide of how to "recreate" your partner's thoughts and feelings:

1. Listen to what your partner is saying. Do not think about other things as he/she is speaking. Focus on how your partner must be feeling or has felt throughout this conflict between you.

2. Do not interrupt or defend yourself. Whether the event is your fault or not isn't the point at the moment. What matters is that your partner is in pain and needs your full attention.

3. When your partner is done speaking, "recreate" his/her thoughts and feelings. Verbally reenact your partner's experience as you understand it. Verbalize what you are sensing behind the words. Verbalize what it must feel like to be in the position your partner finds him/herself in. This is not an admission that you have done something wrong. It is simply a way to recognize and validate your partner's feelings.

4. Continue to "recreate" until the anger or pain subsides and tears or a smile appear. When someone is listened to in this way, anger and pain diminish without returning later as resentment. Tears or a smile are a signal that you have been successful at recreating.

5. Go though the above steps as many times as needed until your partner feels complete. Sometimes additional anger or pain will come up in the process. Let your partner, not you, decide when the process is over.

6. Now it's your turn. Ask your partner if it would be ok if you shared how you feel and if you could also be "recreated".

7. Now that you are no longer in conflict, talk about what happened. Discuss the facts of the event. Create a way that the situation can be handled differently next time.

Do the above steps seem difficult, if not impossible? This process indeed takes a tremendous amount of patience, self-control and compassion. People pay shrinks a lot of money for this procedure. You're getting it free so do it. The rewards are well worth the effort.

By addressing conflict in a mature, empathetic way as these steps have outlined, you will unquestionably create a secure environment for your relationship to grow and blossom.

CARROL ANNE
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Well, at least someone's thinking of me. Sorry your marriage is in the shitter. Why can't everyone just learn to play nice? BTW. Like your new pic...Lands End? Kinda looks like who I picture myself to be...sigh.
    Thanks again, Carson

Platinum Member
    well al i can say is don't get all like one sided rember this is something that was hidden from her and give her time and space ...be ready to answer any questions she might have... and don't forget to remind her that you love her....good luck ...my wife knows but is less than supportive of my cding.....

Tristen Cox
    I'm not sure at what stage of the fight you are at so I will try to just give a little sound advice if you haven't done so yet(although you probably have). Come clean with her, right from where it all began. Have that sit down thing and try to get her to listen, and then take the time to listen back. Tell her it is more important than anything else right now that you tell her the truth and are not hiding anything else. That you have not changed, and that you do regret not having told her before about this. Be truthful and sincere. This is all you can do. You must except that once you lay it all down it is up to her to try and accept or reject this. Take things slow and think while you are speaking to her, chose your words the best you can. This is the important barrier to get past. I am sure I am repeating some of what you have already heard. In any case, good luck to you. Give her time to let this settle in, it won't just happen over night.

Well first of all let the smoke clear, she is going though things she has never had to deal with. Eventually, assuming she wants to hear it, you are going to have to be honest about your reasons for crossdressing, there is no point trying to hide anything now as it will only make matters worse. If I have any advice it's to try not to be confrontational about this with her, listen to what she has to say and above all she has to know you still love her. I wish you luck.

Quote Originally Posted by carsoncd
    Well, at least someone's thinking of me. Sorry your marriage is in the shitter. Why can't everyone just learn to play nice? BTW. Like your new pic...Lands End? Kinda looks like who I picture myself to be...sigh.
    Thanks again, Carson
    On playing nice, to some women our CDing side is a threat to their femininity, so the proverbial dice are sometimes loaded against us.

There is the other side too, that your wife didn't learn about your crossdressing in a decent way. While even under the best circumstances things can go badly, a surprise such as she experienced is worse. There's nothing like having Wendy getting to the heart of the situation.

On the pic, it's Chadwicks. Just rec'd the dress the other day. Oh it's delicious. ^_^
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Tristen Cox
    Steph's right about there seeming a threat. Also you have to concider she may see you as 'less of a manly man' or even ask that age old question "are you gay". This changes the 'image' of the partner(IE crossdrsesing). Where we see more freedom of expression, they tend to see changes away from the perspective that they laid down as a foundation of how they know you. This may or may not be the case but something to be aware of nonetheless.

I'm new to this particular forum, (but DEFINITELY not new to crossdressing by any stretch of one's imagination) so I'm not sure what the rules are here about posting URLs directly. And since I'm not sure about it I'll refrain from doing so until I find that it's OK with the moderators.

In the mean time, assuming that your wife is a computer user and is familiar with navigating around the net, let me offer you the information on my web site. I think you can click on my profile and then access it from there. The site is especially for the heterosexual crossdresser and it's clean from both a picture and text perspective. There's a ton of information there that could be of benefit to both you as well as your wife. In fact, a lot of it is specifically FOR wives and girlfriends. If she'll take the time to read some of it there's a good chance that she might want to discuss it (civilly) some more with you. The MAIN THING is to keep the communication going and don't just let it come to a sudden stop (i.e. a 'cold war') betweeen the two of you.

Hope this helps and I'd appreciate it if you would let me know if it does.

Dixie

Wow, thanks all!

This really does help. You've all given me some good feedback. I may PM you individually on some specifics, but as a group, THANK YOU!

My wife found out the same about 17 years ago through somewhat different circumstances. Her immediate thought was that I was having an affair. Although it was difficult I finally had to admit that what she had found was mine. While that experience was not pleasant, I think it was much better in her mind than if I was having an affair. Maybe a GG can chime in but I think that any explanation other than an affair can be dealt with and lived with, even if with difficultly. An affair on the other hand may just be unforgivable.

I know this isn't going to really help but it might make you smile for a second amongst your anguish but when I told my wife she said "At least it's better than being a serial killer"
    Hope you find the way.
    L&P
    Mariej
    xxx
    PS That is true!!!!

well let's see...
    first we will order from the same place as our lovely wife
    second let's use same billing address
    third of course we will use credit card (easier to trace you know)

now as everyone knows if a customer service rep. is helpful=young

who's at fault?

[SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Darling
    I'm new to this particular forum, (but DEFINITELY not new to crossdressing by any stretch of one's imagination) so I'm not sure what the rules are here about posting URLs directly. And since I'm not sure about it I'll refrain from doing so until I find that it's OK with the moderators.
    URLs are just fine, as long as it's not trying to sell items her to beef up business. Posting a link to your own website can be done in a post or in your signature.

Eileen1969

Exclamation things will...

change for you as well for her! either this may be good or bad for the both of you! Good is twice as bette! pray for the good and expect the worst! Bottem line! do not ever by all means expect anyone person to be in your shoes or walk your path of life! No one person can ever do this but you! I do hope that this does work out for you girl! if your wife is as open and loving as you say! it may not be as hard! for a lot it is though my freind! take care Ronxxx69dotcom
    "Love my legs and envy them...."
    "Love is all I need....
    "Sexy and know it!"

Gee Veronica,
    Thanks for that witty and sarcastic reply. Your insight certainly helped my situation. I guess my downfall must have been my naivete and lack of experience in doing things behind my wife's back. Maybe you could give me some pointers on lying to my wife and being deceitful with credit card billing addresses. Sounds like you've had a lot more experience than me.

Kisses,

Carson

girl next door
    My hopes and prayers are with you and your wife. Good luck working it out.

Quote Originally Posted by carsoncd
    Gee Veronica,
    Thanks for that witty and sarcastic reply. Your insight certainly helped my situation. I guess my downfall must have been my naivete and lack of experience in doing things behind my wife's back. Maybe you could give me some pointers on lying to my wife and being deceitful with credit card billing addresses. Sounds like you've had a lot more experience than me.

Kisses,

Carson
    just common sense
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

I know there have been other theads on this topic so you may be able to search some of them out.

My 2 cents worth.

Your wife needs to feel special right about now. Some flowers, chocolates, perfume jewelry etc., depending on you budget of course. Show her that you love her and will continue to love her. Breakfast in bed. Whatever it takes. Make her feel like a Princess.

Now the catch. After you show her how special she is to you, you have to keep it up and continue to show her how special she is forever.

Your wants and needs come later when she is ready to accept them as part of you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    just common sense
    Wow, how about "common sense" v. "common decency" . Carson is a soft target in her current condition, how about a real challenge Veronica? My fixed IP address is *********, forget about Carson f**k with me "LA Woman"
    And I mean that ever so sweetly Flame war anyone? Private message, new thread, pick your venue. Bye
    Last edited by Tristen Cox; 06-26-2005 at 01:46 PM. Reason: You risk being hacked by any guest viewing this thread by posting your IP

Tristen Cox
    I suggest private message if there's going to be any flaming from this point further. The rules clearly state there will be no such thing here, and I would be more than happy to give whomever posts this openly on my forum a day or two off to reconcider things. Keep the domestics between your selves please. When someone asks for support the least we can do is help, if not don't press the submit button.

Back on topic, sorry Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    I suggest private message if there's going to be any flaming from this point further. The rules clearly state there will be no such thing here, and I would be more than happy to give whomever posts this openly on my forum a day or two off to reconcider things. Keep the domestics between your selves please. When someone asks for support the least we can do is help, if not don't press the submit button.

Back on topic, sorry Carson.
    Thanks, Tristen. Thanks Maria. And Veronica, I apologize for my scathing comeback to your post. I'm under a lot of stress and feeling a bit snappish. Part of me has to lol though. I've just started daring to buy online. My wife never buys from this store online (she goes to the one in the mall nearby.) So what are the chances of this happening? It's like lightening striking!

Carson

I know how it feels.

I have had two failed marriages because of my crossderssing and now i have a great girlfriend who i told about my crossdressing after 2 monthes of dating and she is supporting me.
    The only advice i can give you is to sit down with your wife and explain everything and let her know why you do it, also tell her that you love her.
    I wish you all the best and i hope you to can sort everything out and make the marriage work.

Best wishes Adrianne.

Having recently found out aout my husbands cding I can understand how your wife feels. When I first found out the only option was divorce, but after a few days I realised I loved this man and did not want to lose him. We have talked and talked and talked more, we have strenghtened our relationship. Although I do not know what degree I can accept cding, we both know we have something special.

Its difficult as I feel I have done nothing wrong, but he has deceived me with the little cover up lies etc over the years, I have to learn to trust him again let alone get my head round cding.

As others have said sit down and talk and let her know you love her for being her. Us wives have many strange questions and some of the answers from my SO have hurt me but he has been truthful, I sulk yet our relationship is strong enough to overcome this, so far. I like to think we now have a future.

I hope you both find a way.