Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you "pretty"?

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    In male mode I was often called georgeous by my ex GF before the relationship went south and told I was handsome by a lot of people. En femme I am not pretty but as I get more experience and the hormones start to take effect, I may get better but I don't think I will ever be called pretty. For me transitioning is more about feeling happier within myself and making my outer gender compatible with my inner gender.
    living the dream

Pretty as a frame of mind, yes. I want to be and would consider it a great compliment if someone were to say I was but in reality ,as in physical appearance Probably not.I am working on it though!!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Since I've been coming out to my friends several of my female friends have said that I make a very pretty girl compared to my manly self. Almost every one of them was shocked when they saw a picture of me dressed fully.. and were like 'Wait, that's YOU??!??!?' HOLY CRAP!!'. Similarly, I've had at least two or three of my males friends now note the same thing, quietly usually..

I love it, personally, because I feel so much better about myself to hear it from others with NO prompting. As a male, I've always felt ugly, and rarely, never, EVER smiled, and when I did, it felt forced every time. Put me in makeup 'n heels and you'll have a hard time STOPPING me from smiling once the mood strikes.

In my mind I am, maybe not in the mirror!

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Sometimes I feel pretty...not very often though. My SO did compliment me the last time I got all dolled up, but I think that was a pity comment due to the fact that I was REALLY bummed she made me cut my hair.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

My eyesight ain't all that great....so I'll let you all decide...if I get a "pretty shoe" then I'll wear it...if not then what the heck!!!! I mgiht be shoeless....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

When I'm all dressed, coiffed and made up, I just love to be called pretty. I feel pretty as well! Nothing wrong with the word "pretty"!
    Charlie

Over the course of time I have told a number of my CD friends here that I think they are "pretty" and by that I mean I think they are definitely very feminine and cute looking, if I can use that word as well. I hope I have not unknowingly offended anyone's sensibilities.

Pretty is not a word I use to describe a male, or a CD in drab. Women are pretty and men are handsome. Period.

But many of the CD's on this site go beyond what can genarally be defined as pretty and are gorgeous, attractive women. My attitude is if you present yourself as a woman, then be prepared to accept the compiment of being called pretty.
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

I have a nice personality
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Kay View Post
    What do you think about pretty?
    I honestly prefer to be called a hot, sexy, delicious looking babe!

I'll settle for pretty though. I'll take any compliment on my looks so long as it is an honest one. When I'm en femme, I really want to be told I'm pretty or beautiful or sexy or whatever feminine (and hopefully positive) comment people may make about my appearance.

When I look in the mirror at Gabrielle, I expect her to be gorgeous. I try my hardest to make her that way, given the limitations of my own appearance to work with.

Honestly, I don't care if it's a gg, t-girl, guy, or even big foot - I LOVE to be told I'm a hottie when I'm Gabrielle.

I don't want to get hit on, just complimented.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    As my avatar says "I like to be pretty". I know I'll never be as beautiful as some or the girls on this site but when my hair and makeup are just right and I feel good about what I'm wearing, once in awhile I do feel pretty.
    Joanne

well i sure feel pretty, and cute, and i have no problem about that.
    i love it when some one else calls me pretty.

i'd like to think i was pretty - certainly feel pretty when in fem!

Not every woman can be pretty and as Ruth I don't think I usually look very pretty - but that's OK. My aim is to look somewhat feminine and well-groomed.
    And as I'm not trying to attract a man, my prettiness or lack of is no problem.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I think it comes down to what we say and just what that phrase means. Think about it, most of us say "I feel pretty" (when we say that, of course) - not "I look pretty." When I take the time to dress, I say I feel pretty because I do indeed feel pretty. I feel that real beauty comes from the inside, not caked on from the outside. Don't get me wrong, I find it hard to feel pretty sitting in my BVDs with a days worth of stubble, no makeup, etc. When I dress, I allow my inner beauty to come out. I feel pretty. Others tell me that I am pretty. I wonder, are they seeing what is on the outside or what is on the inside?

For instance, look at my avatar to the left. Not exactly the epitome of perfect feminine beauty (whatever that is), but I like it. I think it shows the beauty, the serenity, and the softness I feel when dressed. So, it's not always about looks for me, but feelings.

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 03-26-2009 at 06:13 PM.

I have no problem with others saying that I am pretty. I think it is a wonderful compliment. I would not refer to myself that way because I think it would come across as vanity and I wouldn't want to come across that way.
    To all the ladies I have met here farewell for now.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile My neighbor talked with me the other day

while I was going out, we chatted for a minute or two but she commented first thing that I looked very pretty, I was not presenting as a woman 100%, just my normal feminine pants, blouse and makeup. No wig or forms.. It made my evening when a beautiful women told me I was pretty and meant it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

That is a tuff one. I still remember being told I look like "Fred Flintstone in drag" when a guy saw my pic. Im still working on my look. Not sure really what I am other than Gina, and working on being more comfortable in my skin. A big thing for me is not trying to compare myself to others or try for something unattainable. I am who I am warts and all.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    I wasn't sure so i asked Sheila for her opinion

She said.....

Honest now Debs, what were you not sure of ?
    Your translation ? Or doyou doubt me ?

~Samm
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 03-27-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Well have men looked at me and have told me I'm pretty. Some days i do somedays i don't if i feel my make up and things are right i do other times i dought myself.
    I will follow my heart

Attractive

A couple of years ago, while still in the closet, and maybe androgynous on the outside, an acquaintance said that I looked "attractive", then after thinking about it for a moment, she said that she meant "handsome". I wonder what she really saw.

These days I do get a variety of compliments, "attractive", "pretty", "that color suits you". I like those complements any way they come. I don't think I try to be 'pretty'. Stylish is good.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

Well I thought about telling my SO I was going upstairs to make myself 'pretty' but that only would have brought more wrath upon me verbally.......so I said I'm going up to make myself gorgeous and only got a nasty snear for using that word

Banned Read only
    The Orion Spiral of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Virgo Supercluster
    Are you "pretty"?

Yes, very.

Next question please...

Hi Steph, Jill here, let me give you my 2 cents worth. Throughout my life I have always considered myself an ugly duckling. As a kid, I had buck teeth. As a teen I wore braces (to correct the buck teeth) but I was also nearsighted and wore coke bottle glasses, and to top it off I had a face full of acne. Oh how I silently longed to be pretty like a girl.

In my mid twenties I grew a beard to conceal my ugliness and kept it continuously for 37 years. During that time I was way back in the closet so I was unconcerned about being seen in public in a dress and a beard. When I would see my image in a mirror or in my camcorder, I admired my femme self from the neck down.

Since my wife passed away and I have come out, the beard is gone, the makeup goes on, along with the dress and accessories and I am PRETTY. In drab, I'm just an ordinary guy, but en femme I'm actually proud that I can emulate women to the fullest. NOW I CAN SAY I'M PRETTY.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I like to think I am, and I try very hard to be, but beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder

*hugs*

Zarabeth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth