Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Males Shopping Women's for Clothing

Aspiring Member

Males Shopping Women's for Clothing

I have noticed when out shopping for fem clothes, that I rarely see men shopping alone in stores/shops that are strictly women's - usually if I see a guy shopping for women's clothes it's at a store where they have other departments. Normally if I see a guy in a store like Fashion Bug or Forever 21, he's with an SO. It's just an observation I've made, wondering if any of you had noticed the same thing?

In all honesty I really don't pay that much attention to who else is in a store when I'm shopping....unless of course they are between me and the sale racks.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Men are scared of being labeled as perverts... Something that I'm obviously not afraid of myself!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

They're all buying them on the internet... It's how most boys like to shop
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Men avoid anything feminine, because it makes them look less macho, less masculine. Being seen in a "women's" store, or in a place that is inhabited traditionally, or significantly only by women makes them loose masculinity "points." So... naturally you won't see men in a store set up for women... it is anathema to their goal of being "real men."

Sucks to be them.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Of course girls of our persuasion don't have a problem rummaging through women's clothing racks. One time I was in a department store looking for a specific size and style of bra for (and with) my wife who was across the department. Karren would have been proud of the hip check and scowl I got from a woman who thought that I should not be in that area. Without a thought I grabbed the nearest bra and held it across my chest and said "Wadda ya think? My style?" I never saw anyone move away so fast

So you see WHY men don't shop women's departments? It is just another of those imposed double standards we have in society. You always see women buying men's briefs and I know at least three who actually WEAR them.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Most ( real men) would not be caught dead in the womens department
    about the only time we may get away with it is christmas other times
    most sales ladies will suspect ,

Ususally I'm by myself when I go shopping to places like Fashion Bug and such.

LoriLeah is right girls like us don't have much of a problem going into traditional womens stores. As a matter of fact I am usually the one who is more nervous but I do it anyway. If I really feel uncomfortable I usually say something like " I am looking for a gift for my best girl" that takes the heat off me . The SA usually want to help thinking, I am sure, that I am lost and need help. If they only new The only time I get one of those looks is from a older lady in the drugstore where I shop. but than again I am an old "hippie" and where my hair long . yeah that's it.
    "Every day, I learn something new about what it means to be a woman."

I've never had any concerns about going into stores that sell only women's clothes. If anything, I prefer to buy my girl stuff at those stores vs. ones where I shop regularly as a boy. It's a little awkward buying both a dress and work (boy) clothes at the same time at Banana Republic. Not that I don't do it, but it's a little funny.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    I use to browse stores then ordered stuff online. I'm a coward I guess

But now I go with my sister we go to the mall we both go in, I pick it out and she takes it up to the register. Ive also seen men in the stores, arms folded and just trying not to touch anything or look at anything to long so their SO or their Ego doesn't slap them in the face. Testosterone and male ego is a strange thing that makes them do strange things.

*Hugs*Kisses*
    [SIZE="3"]<3 One Soul on Earth, Two Spirits in One Body <3
    [/SIZE]
    PSN: Col_Scott
    Gamertag: Speederz

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Guy Who Is Waiting

I love watching guys who are waiting for their wife or girlfriend who has gone into the dressing room to try something on. It is the same each and every time.

She's completely oblivious to the fact that he is in complete flight or fight mode just by being in the women's section of the store. There may be a couple of small couches but there is no way he's going to sit down.

Now she's asked him to hold her purse and he's standing there looking like he's holding a plastic bag full of toxic waste with a nuclear bomb in the middle.

On top of which, he appears to desperately want to use his free hand to check his balls 'cause he's certain that once he touched the purse they fell off.

You gotta love it!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Men are scared of being labeled as perverts... Something that I'm obviously not afraid of myself!! Lol.
    Might be a compliment for you

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I love watching guys who are waiting for their wife or girlfriend who has gone into the dressing room to try something on. It is the same each and every time.

She's completely oblivious to the fact that he is in complete flight or fight mode just by being in the women's section of the store. There may be a couple of small couches but there is no way he's going to sit down.

Now she's asked him to hold her purse and he's standing there looking like he's holding a plastic bag full of toxic waste with a nuclear bomb in the middle.

On top of which, he appears to desperately want to use his free hand to check his balls 'cause he's certain that once he touched the purse they fell off.

You gotta love it!
    Hysterical and true!

I feel sorry for such men. Very, very uncomfortable in their masculinity. I love shopping with my wife, and sitting on those very same couches while she picks out dresses and what not and tries them on, coming out to model them for me. It's fun, classy, and enjoyable.

On one such recent trip, our two daughters were with is. My wife came out in a particularly stunning dress that fit her perfectly and accented her best features. I didn't have to say anything. My two daughters, both of whom are quite young, began to immediately chant in unison "Buy the dress! Buy the dress!"

I felt a little awkward at first when shopping for woman's clothes,but now when ever go shopping,it doesn't bother one bit. I received a Kohl's discount card in the mail last week and it starts April 1st, so I can't wait to go shopping and and get some clothes. I definitley love to shop plus the cashiers don't care as long as you pay.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    Most ( real men) would not be caught dead in the womens department
    about the only time we may get away with it is christmas other times
    most sales ladies will suspect ,
    I resent that statement! I am a "real" man, albeit a crossdressing one! I spend far more time in the women's departments and stores than I do in the men's. Sometimes in drab, but more often wearing feminine clothing but without a wig or makeup. That way there is not confusion for the SA's. I am there to buy women's clothing for myself! End of story!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I am really having a hard time figuring out when I can buy things. I don't have anyone to go to the store with and I am too scared to just take a arm full of clothes in the dressing room. Any advice?
    I love skirts!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    As usual Karen said it before I could. . .

Bring a tape measure with you

I prefer a big stainless steel Craftsman 50 foot industrial model. That way when I measure skirt waists I look manly!

The only times I go into women's stores is when I have to buy something for my wife as a gift or when I have to go along to hold the heavy shopping bags she has. Then I have to stand there and act bored and count the ceiling tiles and the number of speakers and the security mirrors. All of which is not easy to do when you're trying to check out the latest maxi-dress or some satin and lace item.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I want to go into wet seal and get some of those bright colored skinny jeans but I am too big of a wuss. Plus, I dont think they would have my size anyway
    I love skirts!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyBlue View Post
    I am really having a hard time figuring out when I can buy things. I don't have anyone to go to the store with and I am too scared to just take a arm full of clothes in the dressing room. Any advice?
    Bite the bullet and do it.
    Here's a way to do it. Find a store you like and you are friendly with the SA or get friendly with a SA. You might need to visit the shop several times and dry shop (look but don't try on, but buy. accessories are some areas where you could do this without much trouble.)

Once you have a friendly SA, pick out one dress and ask if you could try it on because you and your sister/girlfriend are the same size (smart SAs will know it's for you). If you get a go ahead, you have your foot in the door. Repeat as needed.
    Soon you will be taking several outfits at once. By now you might as well tell that one SA that you would like her to 'keep your secret' that you'r a CDer. (most likely she already knows, as well as most of the SA do too, but it is a protocol issue.)

Soon they will know who and what you are and you will have arrived on a procure acceptable to you, the store, and the SAs..

Repeat the above at several stores. Maybe several in one day each trip.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 03-31-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: forgot some words.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

A UK perspective... now let me tell you straight up. I have never been brave enough to shop en femme, and when trying clothes (very few) I have done what someone else has said today in a different thread and mixed them with some male clothes... okay, a cop out!

However, dressing in drab and shopping for Kaz.. I once had an experience where I bought a couple of thongs and the "very young" assistant, amongst a big group of GGs announced that there was on offer, buy 5 and pay for 3... so I stocked up! Amidst much giggling!

However, in most of my experiences over the past god knows how many years, the younger the SAs are the more they "respect" you? I have had some great conversations and they go out of their way to help... of course they are assuming I am buying for my SO... which is nice! After all, most men wouldn't dream of doing it!

So I enjoy this experience immensely... and the lack of men of course makes it so much more feminine an experience!!

Question is not our other half also a SO?
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Maybe I'm too far gone to care, but I just don't get it. A shop is where you buy things. The assistants are there to take your money and wrap the goods. They are really not interested in what you do after you leave the store.
    I love to buy clothes when en femme, because it's, like, the whole experience, but I am just as much at ease buying women's clothing (including underwear) when in man mode.
    The whole crossdresser paranoia thing is entirely in your head (or not) - nobody else in the store gives a xxxx about your particular personal peculiarity. I know I've gone on about this repeatedly, but it's just a non-existent problem.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]