Thread: Seperate Facebook Account?

Seperate Facebook Account?

I'm quite big on social networking and facebook, however now that I've started going out en femme and am meeting people who see me primarily as a woman I am facing a dilemma on whether to add them to my normal facebook account or to create a new one entirely for my en femme persona and friends who know me as such.

Seeing as I haven't "come out" to the world as a CD yet (and considering that my career is a priority I don't intend to do so for a long while) I am not going to post photos of myself dressed on my normal account or mention my dressing in any way there. So with that to avoid any accidental slip ups or any mixing between my friends-who-know and friends-who-don't I think the best choice is to create a separate account where I could post all my girly pics.

What do you all think? Has anyone had any experience with this? What would you suggest?

Separate accounts.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Seperate accounts

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Yeah!!! I have separate enfemme accounts spewed all over the web......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

unless you want to be out to all and sundry I would create seperate accounts .... just my
    Last edited by Sheila; 04-01-2009 at 06:01 PM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Two accounts and having said that I need to set up a different one for myself. Thanks Keli

Separate Accounts

I live by the philosophy of separate accounts and never shall the twain meet! Like Karen I have separate accounts sprinkled all over the net.

Kathryn Janos
    I have a separate MySpace account. I have Facebook for my normal self, and MySpace for Kathryn. I only signed up for MySpace because of some Chicago hottie who was on there, and I wanted to get in touch with her because she passed so well, and I needed a lot of tips.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

two

two are better than one
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Fun Loving Party Girl Ashlie Marie's Avatar
    gotta go with too. its a little more work, and like most of us proly you will find that your original will start getting less attension since you will be so busy adding all of us to your new one :-) if you want some fun click on my myspace in my sig, and then try and find my "male" page burred in my friends. lol

have fun
    ----------------------------------------

All that is important is that you are comfy with yourself --<<--@

Come Visit me: My FaceBook Page

As others have said 2 accounts are the way to go! I have a facebook for my male self and myspace for Jazz.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

VERY IMPORTANT advice, Seras!

Separate accounts, AND a PRENUP!

Better to be safe than sorry! Been there, done that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have 2, it's so much easier...
    Last edited by Di; 04-02-2009 at 08:51 AM.

First thing to do, if you haven't done it already, is to setup a email acctount for "her". Gmail [google], Yahoo, Aim [AOL], there are plenty to choose from.

Once that's done use it for all your online accounts like Myspace, Facebook, ect ect.

You will find it is a lot easier to keep your female side organized any free of any cross-contamination from your male side.

I would also avoid adding your male accts to your female accts as friends as well as fudging your info slighty on your female accts so that your "his" and "her" accts do not come up together in a search by location, age, ect.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Yes, Seperate accounts are the way to go!!! I even have my own pc set up like that with passwords on each side. I set up my fem side as a guest account, with my male account being the computer admin.

Thank you for the tips, girls! I've just created a new facebook account from a seperate e-mail address for my female persona.
    Last edited by Di; 04-02-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: you gave a link that you need to log into/ please read the rules/ thank you

Unless you want your dual identity spread across the world, it looks like you made the best move.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    My god, I worry about even looking at CD groups etc on facebook, let alone having anything of Christina's on my male account!

Right choice sister!

I have several myspace accounts for various reasons and a facebook account and yahoo 360.. and a yada yada yada.. who gives a rip...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...