Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Passable?

Passing to me isn't even so much about passing for other people. I want to look in the mirror or pics and video of myself and see the beautiful sexy woman that I want to me. Getting to that point would be passing because the girl I want to see in the mirror is just another cute girl living her life. All be it shorter than most peoples because she has to share with a man who can't let her play much...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by socute View Post
    Why is it important to some cds that they are passable? (No flames, please. I am new here and am just wondering.)
    To a CD who is in the closet self expression is more important to them then passing, you also have some Cd's who want to come out of the closet but feel that they do not pass so they they stay in the closet and work on them self until they feel that they can pass.

Passing is important to lots of Cd's who are out of the closet and who love to go out in public to many places, going out at night time is what a lot of Cd's like but going out in the day time is a real challenge for a CD your confidence your attitude what you look like and what you wear will help you to pass...........sometimes.

LA CINDY LOVE
    Last edited by LA CINDY LOVE; 04-03-2009 at 10:10 PM.

So very true. I suppose it is possible to be of two minds on this issue.

Passing is important

It is the Everest we all try to climb, if you get my meaning. Those of us who on occasion have metaphorically reached the sumit know just how wonderful it can be to be accepted if only briefly as a woman. I know I am speaking to the choir, but when we are addressed by the feminine pronoun or a man holds a door open for us do our heart and souls not dance? Do we not tingle from our heads to our toes, do we not feel as if for just a moment we have breached the confines of gravity of reality?

Passing is important

What somone once told me (another CD who was my mentor so to speak) passing is a frame of mind. If you go out and with confidence, relax and behave like nothing is odd 99% of the time you will blend in without notice.

There is a fear factor to the entire ordeal. Drawing attention to ones self is great but to draw negative attention can have some uncomfortable side effects. If you know a loud mouth Southern Bubba then you know what I mean. I just want to pass so I can go about my business with little fuss.

From the short time I've been in this forum it seems to be there is a whole lot of different reasons why we crossdress. Some people want to pass but for others, like me, it is a non-event. I will always be a "closet" CD. I like to dress with as much glamour as possible and would probably stand out but more importantly it is a very personal thing for me. I'm very happy being a male who likes occasionally to dress as a woman. There are aspects of I don't even attempt such as speaking like a woman. I just want to dress. However I do respect those who want to take it further. Crossdressing is a very broad church which is one of the reasons this forum is so great.

I can explain why it's important to me, and possibly why it might be important to others. It's tied to why I am TG.

The way I look at my transgenderism is that like most humans, I am a social animal. Being social animals, we actually need our social interactions to nourish ourselves and our souls. I would point out that the social interactions of being a man in our society, and being a woman in our society, are very very different. These different interactions can actually be seen as different forms of social nourishment.

Now, for some reason, I find that my person, my soul, gets nourished by the social interaction of being a woman. Why this is true is open to much debate, but that is not important. What is important is the fact that I am nourished by interacting with other members of society as a woman. That means that to get that social interaction, I need to be accepted by other members of society as a woman, i.e. I need to pass.

That is why passing is important to me. It feeds my soul. And I'm suspicious that that is why it is important to a lot of T's if they dig deep enough.

Note thought that I define 'passing' a little differently than most people. To me, passing is not about being accepted as a woman by disguising the sex of my body. I have always been bothered by the implied dishonesty of this definition.

Instead, passing to me means being accepted as a woman even though others know that my body is male. And although passing under this definition can be a bit more difficult, I find it achievable and much more satisfying.

Marla

to me it means blending on, not calling attention to myself. I much rather look average or below average so that I can spend my time as planned rather than dealing with those who judge us for being different.
    SRS January 27

To me it means taking pride in my appearance and trying to look nice. Also more. I guess in some ways it means I dont look like a freak, that I have an acceptable level of presentation. Maybe people dont see me as a woman, but Im not a hideous being who would be stared and pointed at. That may sound flippant but it is not meant to be. It means I am more comfortable being out of the shadows and into the real world. For me Id love to pass, but at least strive for being accepted.

I did a photo session today and uhg.. dream of passing.. I wish I could pass.. actually I can pass in a dark ally.. otherwise not happening.. is it important for me to pass or would it be important for me to pass?? yes on both counts.. I'd like to once in a while go to a store and browse the different departments (mostly womens sections) and not worry about what everyone thinks because I browse the womens section when totally dressed as the male that I am..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

You know the irony of it? If you not worried about passing you will have more chance of passing. Its all about being yourself, and confidence, and attitude.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I suppose being ts I am looking at it a bit differently. Passing is important to me for a couple of reasons; I want to be seen and treated as the woman I am not like a 'bloke in a dress'; I want to blend in as I am basically a very shy person and like to be anonymous in a crowd, not so easy to do if you are perceived as a bloke. I want to be just another woman amongst many.

My reality is that I could never pass either by my personal choice of dress or by the way I walk or look.It does not alter the pleasure I get from my dressing so I am content.
    Love from Penny

Quote Originally Posted by socute View Post
    Why is it important to some cds that they are passable? (No flames, please. I am new here and am just wondering.)
    For me, it is my ultimate goal. I long to look as female as I can (without actually becoming one). I love women. I love how they look, dress, move, etc. I want to become that as much as I can. The more feminine I can look, the better I feel about it

Passing AND looking good while doing so is the ultimate achievement in my book.

In additional to fulfilling my personal desires in crossdressing, passing would also allow me the opportunity to move about in public without getting looked at funny, hassled, ridiculed or possibly even attacked (plenty of haters in my town). If people see only a woman when they look at me, and not a guy in a dress, then I'd be able to be myself while out and about with a lot more freedom and a lot less fear.

Even if I never venture out of my house en femme, I'd still like to be able to pass. Again, that is my personal, ultimate goal. I really, really want to look feminine, girly, sexy, gorgeous, beautiful and as much like a real woman as possible.

Passing is important to me and that is why.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

socute, I wish I could pass. My thinking is that is because I would have rather been born a GG -- note, that only applies to some people here.

However, given that I am ugly as a man, I have absolutely zero chance of being an attractive female. Think of me as Janet Reno's REALLY, REALLY ugly sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well for me it used to be fun!! Like your getting away with something!! Something that's not accepted by society but no one knew!!

And its not looks that get you through the mall.. Its 95% attitude!!!

I really don't pass that well but then again lately I could caue less what people think..
    Yikes - if Karren doesn't pass well, the rest of us must be pink elephants or something.

Crysten

I am not sure if any of us pass completely. Maybe in casual contact but not with more direct interaction. I think if we present a classy, sophisticated woman that we blend in and are more accepted. I did like the comment that it is more important to be an appealing CD than pass as a woman. I just like looking as good as I can whenever I go out.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1997 View Post
    What somone once told me (another CD who was my mentor so to speak) passing is a frame of mind. If you go out and with confidence, relax and behave like nothing is odd 99% of the time you will blend in without notice.
    I have to disagree with this statement. Being confident helps very much, true. There have been TS people who looked really good but I picked them out because they had that same nervous air about them that I have when I go out. The thing is, even if you are 100% confident, you still have to give their eyes something to work with.

Also, I have to say that I would rather look like a GG who's a 5 than a cd who's a 9.5.

I for one don't worry about it cause it ain't happening here. As lone as I can mack my body look good I'm happy hun. I don't go out except on Halloween.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    ...it is about trying to minimizing rude stares and comments, to allow them to enjoy the experiance to the fullest, nobody wants stares and comments, whether they are a cdr, an overwight person, a particularly tall/short person, a disabled person etc

Quote Originally Posted by Roxi Loh View Post
    I am not sure if any of us pass completely. Maybe in casual contact but not with more direct interaction. I think if we present a classy, sophisticated woman that we blend in and are more accepted. I did like the comment that it is more important to be an appealing CD than pass as a woman. I just like looking as good as I can whenever I go out.
    I dunno...last week I was having breakfast at my hotel when Regis and Kelly came on the bigscreen TV and the woman at the table next to me with her two children rolled her eyes, we would up having a spirited debate about the merits of Regis and Kelly (I was for, she was against) while she supervised her kids, maybe she was too distracted by them to pay much attention to me but for that magic moment, we were just two women chatting, a magic moment...

thank you for sharing your thoughts

well like what almost everyone said its only important to those pple who feel it matters to them. i think we all understand everyone is different and thats a great thing:> for me i love to pass because of the feeling i get when i look into the mirror and see a girl looking back....doesn't mean its the only reason i CD but for me its one of the main reasons....

You know, I can't help it - I've got to say it - thats really a silly question. Isn't that almost the same as saying "why would a man want to be handsome?" or "Why would a woman desire to be pretty?"
    Should we be wise enough to accept that we are not handsome, pretty, or passable and move on to enjoy our life? Of course we should! But is there really anyone out there honestly doesn't wish on some level that they were the physical ideal?
    OK, if your staying home and not entering the world I suppose there is no point to worrying about whether you look good, or look like a real woman, but if your going out into the world, there a number of quite good reasons you would want to pass as female.
    - If everyone thinks you are female you have no worries about someone harassing you for being a male in a dress.
    - Get the experience. If the whole point for you is to experience the world as female, passing makes this possible
    - Ego. Guilty. I do want to be good at pretty much anything I do, and that includes cross dressing. Whats the point of doing ANYTHING half assed?

Now the reality is I do not pass 100%. I pass from a few feet away, but when we are face to face and speaking to each other, you will not have any doubts as to my real gender. I have long since reached the conclusion that my failing to pass is not going to scare me back in to the closet. I am perfectly comfortable now with people knowing they are speaking to a crossdresser. It literally doesn't bother me at all, but if there were a magic switch I could throw that allowed me to pass perfectly I most certainly would