Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smile, your on . . .

Smile, your on . . .

. . . Goodwill Camera! So today I was shopping at one of my favorite Goodwills in boy mode. Good day - I found a skirt and a top I liked and entered the dressing room stall to try the top on. I don't know why, but I happened to notice one of this little camera in the darkened bulbs in the ceiling. My first thought was that the angle was such that they might see the top of my head, but they wouldn't be seeing anything too private. Then I turned and noticed the wall opposite of camera was completely covered by mirror. I check, and sure enough, that camera has a perfect view of EVERYTHING that might be exposed in that fitting room. I chose NOT to try the blouse on there after all . . .

Did you report them? That is illegal in Texas. Texas privacy laws are very strict in this area. A dressing room is like a bathroom, once you close the door you have a reasonable expectancy of privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyS. View Post
    Did you report them? That is illegal in Texas. Texas privacy laws are very strict in this area. A dressing room is like a bathroom, once you close the door you have a reasonable expectancy of privacy.
    I did not report them. I think it would be better to speak to their management before doing something like that. It's quite possible it was an honest over sight that just needs to be corrected.

Single and loving it ;) alexis GG's Avatar
    I would say that it is illegal no matter what continent you live on...
    Long gone

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Cameras in dressing rooms ought to be illegal everywhere, if they aren't already. Unless they are going to provide me with a picture of me in my pretty new dress, etc.!!

I think Kimberly is right though, talk to the manager first and explain that it is against the law. They probably do it to cut down on shoplifting, but they need to find another way to accomplish that.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I did not report them. I think it would be better to speak to their management before doing something like that. It's quite possible it was an honest over sight that just needs to be corrected.
    Wow.
    That is just darn right scary!!
    There is no way that is acceptable in any circumstance!!

I did not think that sort of thing happened anywhere.
    Jennifer Green
    PART TIME GURL

Silver Member
    I would have gone to the manager of that store and demanded a full explanation. Maybe it was just a fake camera to ward off the shoplifters. If indeed it was a real camera and you were being watched this would be in violation of the law and should be reported to the authorities.

Interesting possibilities with that situation Kim, interesting indeed.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Cameras in dressing rooms ought to be illegal everywhere . . .
    The camera was not in the dressing room itself. The dressing room is similar in construction to your typical office cubicle where the walls do not go to the ceiling. The camera is at least 10 to 20 feet away from the dressing room itself.
    Honestly, I'm feeling guilty that I didn't say something. There I was holding a blouse and skirt in boy mode and wasn't inclined to raise hell about not being able to try it on. It has since occurred to me that I left other people now to be exposed. Tomorrow I will contact the store and speak to a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I appreciate that you would talk to the management before making a formal legal report or complaint, but I also think that this should be reported and that you should get some assurance that the problem has been fixed. It is a clear invasion of privacy and statutorially illegal everywhere I know of.
    It's kind of creepy too!
    warmly, Linnea

Lightbulb

That is pretty freaky. I think I'll be more conscious of where I'm dressing when I'm in a store. It's good advice for anyone that is in a store to be aware of your surroundings, but now we have to be aware of where the cameras are? Wow.

I'd be concerned that some perv that works there set up the camera to check out women. I worked with a guy who had a part-time job at the local drive-in - obviously a long time ago. He got free passes, so he and his girlfriend invited me to go with them one night. When he and i went to the concession stand, he invited me to walk around back and stand on a milk crate to look inside the Ladies' room. Errrr... no thanks, dude.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

hmmmm

So haven't you all been in a men's try-on room, have one wall a mirror, and a notice that says that the dressing rooms are monitored by same-sex security personnel?

One-way mirror, without a doubt. Maybe it's only legal if you tell people you are doing it and let them make the choice.

Anyone know the actual legal statutes?

tina

In Texas... It is definately against the law. Even if you tell a person that he or she is being watched. I mean, if you go into a bathroom and there is a sign on the wall that says you 'may be watched by someone of the same sex', what are your assurances? This was brought up several years ago and some of the laws were changed to say that each individual has a 'reasonable expectation of privacy. This situation falls into that catagory. I mean... Seriously, many married people don't change in front of each other. Personally, I don't even like peeing in urinals because I want privacy, and the fact that sometimes your bodily fluids splash on you!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly;1679736I
    don't know why, but I happened to notice one of this little camera in the darkened bulbs in the ceiling.
    Shucks.. And another plan bites the dust..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

HMM. I see lawsuit!!!
    Dang those peeping Toms at the Goodwill store!

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

MACY's dressing room in intimate appearel, has a sign that the room is monitored by female staff. I have used the room with consent of SA, without getting naked, trying on a breifer over panties. Store is in Troy, Mich. I was in drab. The private room is right off the sales area, not with the other dressing room cluster, which I would not wish to use.

I am in such trouble - I've often taken more the max allowable 4 items in with me!
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by StephCD2009 View Post
    . . . I'm sorry but if I'm gonna change my clothes in front of a two way mirror and I'm gonna be watched there better be a bill slot beside it and there better be $20's coming through it first
    ROFL

Well ladies, it just so happens that i contacted the store Kim was in. And all of there cameras in this store are connected to recorders. I bought a copy of the tape, and am selling copies of Kim undressing for $20. She's got the cutest little mole right on her $%^&#%.

Actually, cameras are illegal in all states in dressing rooms. They may face the entrance of the area, but nothing allowed of the rooms them selfs.

ps, Kims got legs to die for

Quote Originally Posted by Carlacd View Post
    Well ladies, it just so happens that i contacted the store Kim was in. And all of there cameras in this store are connected to recorders. I bought a copy of the tape, and am selling copies of Kim undressing for $20. She's got the cutest little mole right on her $%^&#%.
    Actually, cameras are illegal in all states in dressing rooms. They may face the entrance of the area, but nothing allowed of the rooms them selfs.
    ps, Kims got legs to die for
    your paypal payment will be on it's way as soon as I have access to your account including password
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Man, there goes the main attraction at the Goodwill holiday party. Way to kill the fun, Kimberly! Ya kill-joy!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Oh come on Kimberly show them what you've got hun.
    Angie

Don't shop there anymore

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Oh! Poor show indeed! But did you wave at the camera as you left?

I wave at cameras I suspect are wrongly placed, illegal or suspect. It makes me feel better

Sarah...