Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How far would you go to stay in the closet?

I would say that the closet door is just slightly ajar.. I m th i nki ng m ay be... maybe.... maybe...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

The only person I've told is a friend of mine from Denmark and I might as well have told her the day's weather, as much as she seemed to care that I was. She typically finds our (U.S.) democrats too conservative so I guess she's pretty understanding.

But if one of my family or friends asked me directly, I would not lie to them. But I don't think I'd go out and tell them without being asked, not right now anyway. My true fear is being open to people I don't know, like going out in public. Still a long, long way away from that.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Here's an example of what protecting the closet at all costs, what internalised homophobia and transphobia does.

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/...e-crime-murder

Some people are willing to murder to protect their closet.

Quote Originally Posted by battybattybats View Post
    Here's an example of what protecting the closet at all costs, what internalised homophobia and transphobia does.

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/...e-crime-murder

Some people are willing to murder to protect their closet.
    so not as straight as we first thought, if we go on that report ............. apparently a "closeted gay" who may (and we have yet to hear all they evidence) ...... have killed a transgendered woman (not a homophopic straight hetrosexual, killing as was first though)........... the tragedy being the life of someone was lost

And one could be very heartless and cynical and say if this is the case one heck of a way to out oneslf ....... not that I would
    Last edited by Sheila; 04-22-2009 at 08:37 AM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    so not as straight as we first thought, if we go on that report ............. apparently a "closeted gay" who may (and we have yet to hear all they evidence) ...... have killed a transgendered woman (not a homophopic straight hetrosexual, killing as was first though)........... the tragedy being the life of someone was lost
    I've stated before here that most homophobia comes from repressed homosexuals and that the same is likely true of transphobia. Anyone who'd seen the studies of physiological responses of homophobes to homoerotic images would expect such as this report.

And sure, we haven't yet heard all the evidence but we do know that the defendant has admitted the murder. The defence is just relying on the infamous 'trans-panic' defence. One that often works, trans folk shot in the back from a distance being accepted by juries as having been shot imediatly at close range in a 'panic' for example. Lies are unfortunately easier to believe than science when the lie fits ones biases and the truth goes against them.

We also knew from the start (if we read detailed accounts) that Angie always told people she was Trans. And recent evidence has shown that the killer went with her to a court appearance for a traffic matter where her Male name was read out! So the trans-panic defence is nonsense.

Going by the evidence thus-far It's still a hate-crime. Still caused by Transphobia and Homophobia. Still done by Andrada and Angie is still dead. And Non-white TGs still have a vastly higher risk of being murdered (what was it again, 1 in 12 as oppossed to white straight folks 1 in 18,000? Even though straight white folks vastly outnumber them?)

Perhaps the worst phobes being repressed Gay and TG themselves is news to you... but its only emphasising the dilemma isn't it?

How far is it acceptable to go in order to stay in the closet?
    How might we be contributing to or breaking down Transphobia depending on how we behave when still in the closet?

I wouldn't go that far. When it comes down to it, if you get caught it's not such a big deal. Rudy Giuliani is slated to be the next Governor of New York.

Gold Member
    I stay secretive about my Cding. It's really no ones business what I do for my own enjoyment in my own house. I keep my feminine side my own...tho I will underdress often. As for defending other CD's, of course I would. I hate it when someone gets bullied becasue they're different.

My basic principle on this is to do no harm to anyone else. I certainly would not kill anyone; I would not fail to defend other TGs if the need arose; I would deny my own participation.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by Carly D. View Post
    I would say that the closet door is just slightly ajar.. I m th i nki ng m ay be... maybe.... maybe...
    Is it staying in the closet if you have been out to the gas & go recently??? well in my opinion since this was designed as a mostly covert thing (late night, careful planning etc.) that I am still in the closet.. now a possible going to an all night convenience store and going into that store and being seen by whoever (2 or 3 people) I think that would still be closeted.. going out during the day light hours in full view of the neighbors, maybe that's out of the closet a bit.. going to a walmart or some other store during the day might also be out of the closet.. or would being out of the closet mean telling and or showing family members??? I think showing family members or friends would be out of the closet coming from therein.. as it were..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...