Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling concerns

Traveling concerns

Hi all,

I'm posting this more as a warning to my sister's. Travel en femme, even under drab, is not cool if you are flying.

In my job I have to travel frequently throughout the US and sometimes abroad. For years I have travelled in panties and hosiery and carried my "good" clothing with me. Since 911 this is getting really risky.

Early this month I had to travel to a small midwestern town. Leaving my home I went through screening with no problem, but before boarding the plane was called to security and asked why there were a pair of pantyhose in my luggage.

Since I always wear a wedding band, even though single, I explained that my wife must have had them in there from her trip last week. They bought it, confiscated the hosiery and let me go on with my flight. But the incident made me nervous, especially since I was wearing panties and thigh-highs. I didn't realize they would go into your baggage and look for anything they didn't feel fit. That was on Monday.

Wednesday evening I flew home. Due to the problem flying out, I decided to travel in true drab.

It was a good decision. I got picked out of the passengers on the return flight for a full strip search. I cannot guarantee that I was picked out because of the pantyhose, but I thought I heard one of the security people tell another "a girlie."

I got through that time, filed a complaint asking why I was singled out, from which I have heard only that "the incident is under investigation." and have told my employer that I will fly only if absolutely necessary. If the site I need to visit is within an eight hour drive, I will make the drive on my time.

My employer has agreed to that, so that's a step in the right direction.

But if you are flying...fly in true drab and carry nothing that but drab. If you are going to be somewhere for a while, mail a package, in advance to yourself. I've done that twice, then mailed the clothes back at the end of my trip.

Right now flying is not safe...at least not for us.

JenniRose

Thanks for the info Jenni I will remember that when I fly to FLA in Sept.

Kymmie

Banned Read only

Thumbs down

I am sorry to hear about your troubles...

But I must say it is truly a sad day in America when having a pair of pantyhose in your luggage somehow gets you tagged as a possible terrorist.

homeland security is a joke, the people enforcing it aren't even sure what to look for. figures something like this would happen, what a bunch of crap (I'm sure they don't make it easy either, probably snicker while they strip search, and then make more comments when you leave).

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd
    I am sorry to hear about your troubles...

But I must say it is truly a sad day in America when having a pair of pantyhose in your luggage somehow gets you tagged as a possible terrorist.
    Yep pretty sad. But then again they should have been worried 'before' 9-11. Now all this added security makes things worse for us CDers and there is still ways of real terrorists slipping through. Good idea about mailing ahead so you can get your clothes when you arrive.

I am going overseas next weekend if all goes as planned, Cindy will be crammed in my carry-on, heels and all ! I am not worried if they ask me why I have what I have,,, heck I could say that Im going to a impersonators convention,, nothing illegal about that. And I personaly dont know any screeners so who cares *S*
    International flights have always had the tightest security,so its just watching what you pack that may prevent that spot luggage search,, I know to be extra careful since I have a blonde stowaway in my bag no metal stuff etc.
    As far as dressing while flying,, undies is as far as i would go *s*

Cindy

As some of the older members know I travel a lot, US Far East etc and have risked taking some of Fiona's things with me. So far the main baggage has only been opened once but as it was hold baggage I wasn't present. I don't carry femme things in carry-on and I don't carry any if I'm travelling light (no hold bags).

The US system of searches etc is all the more of a concern for me as anyone travelling on a non-US passport WILL be searched, it happens tp me 100% of the time! Terrorist obviously won't have a US passport!

Fiona
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

Wink

How dare they confiscate pantyhose did they think you were going to strangle the pilot? more likely the person who confiscated them slipped them on when you were gone...dont put yourself out just tell them you are carrying clothing for someone else and they should get a life and build a bridge ...it makes me so angry to hear you getting treated like that ,its just wrong......xxxx :bandit: :devious:
    Sarah
    TRY IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT DO IT AGAIN

Update please.

Quote Originally Posted by cindybarnes
    I am going overseas next weekend if all goes as planned, Cindy will be crammed in my carry-on, heels and all ! I am not worried if they ask me why I have what I have,,, heck I could say that Im going to a impersonators convention,, nothing illegal about that. And I personaly dont know any screeners so who cares *S*
    International flights have always had the tightest security,so its just watching what you pack that may prevent that spot luggage search,, I know to be extra careful since I have a blonde stowaway in my bag no metal stuff etc.
    As far as dressing while flying,, undies is as far as i would go *s*

Cindy
    Hey Cindy,
    Let us know how your travel goes. Hope security is a hoot not a bust. I respect you and your mission.
    Another reason to hate the 911 terrorist. BTW I'm still pissed at the Tylenol terrorist. Every time I struggle with packaging I curse that guy.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Sophia, thanks!
    This will be my first time taking Cindy in a cary on bag. Im flying on a stand by pass so cant check luggage. I learned the hard way once when my luggage went to Costa Rica and I couldnt get on the flight.
    I guess I have gained confidance when dealing with others at least while in drab
    so the idea of security going through my stuff is no big deal, after all they are looking for certian things, not my choice of clothes.
    The screeners here at the Atlanta airport are a long way from the terminal gates, we actualy take a train to the gates so If I did have a bag search it would be there although they can check at the gate if they suspected a prob.
    So anyway this is the club Im going to at least 1 night, probly 2
    http://www.lellebel.nl/html/

I warned the local girl that sent me the club link that Im a photo tramp so beware
    The hotel Im staying at has wireless internet so chances are I will post a pic or 2 while there.
    Now if I can just make it on the plane LOL
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindybarnes
    Sophia, thanks!
    This will be my first time taking Cindy in a cary on bag.
    Cindy
    So, any chance you could get Sophia in there as well? Looks like a cool club. Amsterdam, no less. Yes, pictures, please.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Surprised by your story

I too travel a lot and pack Tiffany's items, wigs, shoes, skirts, tops and all along with a lot of makeup both in my checked bags (they hand search at my local airport) and some items in carry on. Never a problem, occassionally a knowing smile. Hope your incident isn't a sign of new security levels.

Tiff

Sophia, LOL now that may be hard to explain if searched
    Amsterdam has been known for being a open minded place for a long time now.
    I would never thought 10 years ago when I first went there for a visit that Cindy would come back for some girl time *S*
    Pics... oh yes,, thats the main reason for this trip,, and no not all Cindy LOL my ugly brother uses the camera for other things too
    Best I dont get too excited,, wouldnt want to jinx my travel luck *S*
    Cindy

5" stilittos might be a concern to some checkers and 8" should be.
    Stephenie

Departed
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniRose
    Leaving my home I went through screening with no problem, but before boarding the plane was called to security and asked why there were a pair of pantyhose in my luggage.

They bought it, confiscated the hosiery and let me go on with my flight.

JenniRose
    That is total BS! I see harrassment here. And the strip search! Total harrassment!

I've been singled out when on a one way flight to Boston (origination point of the 9/11 flights) but since I was one way I expected it. But strip searched!? No way! I know of no one who has had to go through that! They just go through your carry-on luggage and ask you to remove shoes, maybe.

And the 'girlie' comment.... Talk to a lawyer. You may have a case here.

BTW, did you have a bomb in those pantyhose! Confiscating pantyhose? That's totally ridiculous!

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Thank you Julie I thought I was the only one thinking lawyer. As for the pantyhose, that wasnt confiscation it was outright theft.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Sounds peculiar to me. I've flown with my fem stuff. I'm sure husband and wives have mixed clothes in bags all the time. Seems mighty strange they would single out a passenger because of hose.

Next time tell them they are for medical reasons, vericose veins or diabeties.

Me, I'd have simply told them they were mine, I wear them, so what. It's not illegal. Travelling enfemme is not illegal, as long as you show your poper male ID.
    DonnaT

Best laid plans :(

Well after all my planning and talk, I ended up leaving Cindy behind on my trip to Holland last week.
    2 days before I was to leave I had a call asking if I wanted some company on my trip. This happend to be a pretty close relative of mine,and we had made the same trip a few years ago, but I dont think he would have understood about Cindy. I am only "out" to my wife and have no desire or need to share this side of me with others not like myself.
    A good friend (cd) tried to convince me to take my things anyway and I realy thought about it.It crossed my mind that if something happend and he cancelled last minuit I would be facing some serious shopping once I got there. The other thing I though about was if my carry-on was searched with him next to me I would be doing some creative explaining real fast. Never mind the security people I just didnt want to worry about thinking that fast.
    Part of my planning had been to contact a local CD to ask for club sugestions,she e-mailed me a couple links to some cd /tg clubs(ya have to love this internet) and I booked a hotel nearby that was recomended by one of the clubs as being a friendly place to stay and come and go while dressed.
    I saw no reason to change hotels because I wasnt getting my girls nights out and changed my reservation for 2 people.
    Well it took about 1.5 minuits after ariving to see that the hotel was a gay hotel top to bottom,, I swear I missed that online LOL, and thats what I told the guy traveling with me, No probs Im especialy open minded you know and he didnt care either, so while waiting for our room to be ready we started chatting with a gg waiting also for her room,,she was a lesbian from Utah and we 3 ended up spending a good part of the day roaming coffee shops and letting her map out the lesbian clubs for her night out.
    To make a long story short, I ended up staying 2 .5 extra days by myself because of some serious seat availability probs with the airline and I then was wishing I had my stuff with me !
    Sorry to run on here, I sure was wanting to share some cool Cindy pics, being the photo tramp I am but still took nearly 300 shots of the city sites, so except for the probs getting home it was still a good trip..

what a load of BS.

I can't believe that you American girls have to put up with this crap.

I have made about 400 international flights in Europe, the Middle East and Asia whilst wearing undies and carrying fem stuff in my cabin baggage and my checked-in baggage. Never been a problem.

I cannot imagine why you would be strip-searched unless they had very good reasons for suspicion.

The only embarrassing moment I had was when I was called back from the departure lounge to the baggage handlers' desk. My suitcase was buzzing. I'd left the batteries in a vibrator and the twist switch had turned on. I had to open my bag, witnessed by the baggage supervisor. He was not at all interested in the nighties, panties, bras. Just wanted to see the offending item. Lesson learned : all batteries to be removed before travelling.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Hii Crispy,
    Nope, nothing illegal about carying whatever clothes you want wherever you fly to. That realy didnt bother me and agree if they search your bag its for something else. The security comming home was a lot more detailed than it was leaving realy, heck they asked each person 20 questions before they could boaaard the plane.
    Strip search,,probably if they are looking for drugs and a dog alarms at your scent. but if your not full of metal pins or something that probably doesnt happen either
    Cindy

In the event of being stopped I wouldn’t try and lie my way out of it, my lack of body hair shaped eyebrows, pierced ears and long finger nails would give me away any how. And what the heck do they care if they have just stopped a tranny, I am sure that their training will have covered all aspects of the job, even transgenderisum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy K
    I am sure that their training will have covered all aspects of the job, even transgenderisum.
    I think you give them more credit than many of them deserve. More likely they would be totally confused, more embarrassed than you, and let you pass without comment.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Wow, I'm glad I read this thread... Unfortunately, it just confirms some of my fears about dressing up while traveling. I only fly a few times a year for business, but I usually go with one or more of my co-workers. I can't take the chance of having TSA get silly with my checked luggage and then having to explain away a bag full of wigs, clothes and makeup...

I guess the traveling rules for me will be:

driving =
    flying =
    Kath

Tristen Cox
    Well I've learned one good piece of advice from this thread if anything, don't leave the batteries in your

When I travelled to Arizona in the spring (twice) my carry on bag was about half filled with womens clothes. Lingerie mostly, some stockings and a pair of sandals. The only thing I remember being cautious about was making sure my bra didn't have underwires that might show up in the xray. No problems on either trip. On the return trip the first time there, I came home with quite a bit of makeup I had purchased while in Arizona.

On my recent trip back east with my wife, I packed a few pieces of lingerie. Mostly men's clothes, though. On the return trip, my checked bag had all of my lingerie and a pair of high heals. I carried onto the plane a pink Victoria's Secret bag which had a couple new purses and a few bottles of nail polish. I my small backpack, also carried onto the plane, was a copy of the book - "The Lazy Crossdresser".

In all my travel experience, I've concluded that these security personel are just too damned busy to harass someone who isn't carrying contraband, weapons or other banned items.

I could see it now... "fly this plane to Cuba or, swear to god , I'll put on a red blouse and pink nail polish!"

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife