Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing pet peeves ~!

Crossdressing pet peeves ~!

I have browsed a number of threads here over the past week, and found many looking for advice on how to improve their look.

I'm by no means perfect in any way - I realize this, but I just wanted to come out and say it.

Stay up Stockings look awful when they are barely above the knee. I have seen it a hundred times and it always drives me crazy! Pull em up! Get the next larger size.. something! (insert light hearted laugh here)

Stocking tops should rest at above the mid-thigh area, and be level all around... unless due to some rolling in the hay - thats all Im tryin to say

Oh, and how about the back fat a good corset creates? Bugger!

Anyone else have a pet peeve with regard to crossdressing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nattastic View Post

Yup, false eyelashes, it doesn't matter how careful i am putting them on, they always end up lop sided or stuck in the wrong place

LOL, yeah.. that was my experience with false lashes, coming off.. argh

Then the worry of smudging while working to "fix" the problem.

I have no time for false lashes anymore. Its all about the mascara!

Nahhh. Don't really have any... Its those little things that make life more interesting after all.... And its exactually the same thing women have to go through... So I'm not complaining!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    guys thinking you are a **** or "working" just because you are a CD! At least offer me a drink before you grab my ass

Broken heels
    runs in your favorite stockings
    stay ups that wont stay up
    bad hair days
    broken nails
    not noticing you missed a spot shaving till its to late
    make-up and/or wardrobe malfunctions

But like Karren said - I'm not complaining, lol
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

TANGLING!!! UGH!!!
    No matter if it's synthetic or human hair, my wigs just always tangle no matter how many times I comb it or spray on detangling spray.
    I don't know how GG's own hair doesn't tangle or get tangled on their necklace chains.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 04-14-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Banned Read only

If in the closet..

Someone knocking on your door or a phone call that someone is coming over after you get dressed (not selfish)..You are running around mindlessly making sure everything is put away so you don't have girly things laying around.

Gold Member
    My nail maintenance is high and not good enough. I work with my hands plus sports and they break constantly. Forget shaping as they also wear so each is its own shape. But I will keep trying. . .

Gold Member
    Sometimes people tend to wear fetish items for CD'ing.
    My pet peeve is that somehow wearing jeans and a cute top is not truely CD'ing.
    I am a jeans *****
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Pet peeves? My post alone could be a thread!

1.) When a small, barely visible strand of wig hair keeps sticking to your lip gloss or lipstick

2.) When you put your makeup on, and as you start to get changed with the bathroom door closed you start sweating immediately onto all that foundation.

3.) When you do your whole transformation routine as normal, but you take one last look in the mirror and you just don't feel the difference. You just see a man in a skirt.

4.) When you go somewhere else (besides home) to change, get there, and realize you left something vital. (foundation, breasts, etc.)

Not sure if this is the same

I'm not sure if this is the same but when I do dress it's usually not with a wig or make up. So if I have to go somewhere in the house with a mirror, I usually don't look in to it so I don't see myself. I know that's kinda weird but anyone else do that?

Not getting enough opportunities to fully dress and or go out

Peeves

How much time have you got?
    spending hours putting on makeup and still looking like a guy
    spending hours getting ready and smudging or breaking nails
    And the number one, I have to agree with Pattie - not getting enough time to dress!!!
    Perhaps if I spent less time putting on makeup and breaking nails I would have plenty???
    IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT!!

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattastic View Post
    I have browsed a number of threads here over the past week, and found many looking for advice on how to improve their look.

I'm by no means perfect in any way - I realize this, but I just wanted to come out and say it.

Stay up Stockings look awful when they are barely above the knee. I have seen it a hundred times and it always drives me crazy! Pull em up! Get the next larger size.. something! (insert light hearted laugh here)

Stocking tops should rest at above the mid-thigh area, and be level all around... unless due to some rolling in the hay - thats all Im tryin to say

Oh, and how about the back fat a good corset creates? Bugger!
    awwww sorry I dun mean to laugh but.... I agree wif them stayup stockings.,..... yer buy the right size or larger and I think I have been cheated/short changed outta the other few inches laffing... my partner he definitely has better legs then I do .. i think.....neer mind rolling in the hay thats another matter laffing...... as for the corset...and what that creates laffing.... I hear yer.....

nah no pet peeve's here .. mind he might though....LOL *wink

May I add a "Me Three" to Pattie and Lori's #1? Haven't been able to dress since late December, and I think I'm about ready to implode!

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Telling the wife that tomorrow is a "Carroll" day, getting up shower, shave get dressed (Minus the make-up), then her annoucing that WE have to go some place. I am out of the closet, but not out into the community too much!
    Drumming, My other hobby

Ivy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    My pet peeve is that somehow wearing jeans and a cute top is not truely CD'ing.
    I am a jeans *****
    Me too!

Cigarettes and long hair: not a good combo.

People who use the words "crossdresser and "drag queen" interchangeably.

The fifteen pounds I seem to gain just by putting on women's clothes.

Finding nice shoes in my size that don't come with a chrome pole.

that fact that girls can cd and its fine but its harder for boys
    and the fact that its getting harder to find time to dress up.
    also finding stuff i like that fits me thats a big peeve for me

Platinum Member

If It was

If it was too easy it wouldn't fun!!!!
    No pain no gain!!!
    A job worth doind is a job worth doing right!!!
    .................................................. ...............thanks..........ORCHID

My Peeves

My biggest peeve is that a lot of times it takes SO long to dress and do makeup and to make sure that you look really good.

Another peeve of mine is the amount of time trying to make sure that all of the makeup is totally off so that when you have stuff to do the next morning (after a night out), that your friends who either don't know or don't care for it, don't notice the makeup that you had on the night before.

I will then agree on the peeve of after getting makeup done and everything, you look in the mirror and to you it still looks like a man in a skirt because you see so much of yourself there, even if nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by curse within View Post
    Someone knocking on your door or a phone call that someone is coming over after you get dressed (not selfish)..You are running around mindlessly making sure everything is put away so you don't have girly things laying around.
    Same here! Don't forget about trying to take everything off and put on something manly at lightning speed.
    Cary

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    Shaving. It takes so long to get a really close shave.

Having to cut my nails ecause they look to much like a girls. I love long finger nails.

Peevs

Yes, I have a few.

1. Costumes which some C/D's seem to think is a part of the process. A normal everyday appearance is better.

2. A C/D'r who even though she has made a good attempt to pass and probably does except she gives herself away, by chickening out when going into a restruant. I fully understand the fear but once you've been made the best thing to do is to go to the ladies, check your makeup, and then go to the table of your choice. They will be understanding.

3. Does not having pockets in my skirts and blouses count??? Like where am i suspose to keep the car keys. I surely can't put the belt keeper i use in drab on my 4" wide black plastic belt.

4. Lipstick which does not come off with a simple wipe of a facial tissue. So many of them "bleed" and leave telltail colour behind.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)