Thread: Got a wonderful comment today :D

Got a wonderful comment today :D

I had my grandparents over for dinner today...I made chicken and broccoli au gratin. Had my new fancy tablecloth and napkins and all the rest of it...we got done dinner and I was doing up the dishes and my grandfather says "you'd make a good housewife." I'm like...omg . I'm so elated now!

Btw..was not dressed and they don't know about my CD...I think .
    Last edited by LadyMirabai; 04-15-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added btw comment

Next time you could wear the fancy new tablecloth. It is nice to have a good relationship with your grandparents, I really miss mine.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Yea I'm fairly close to my grandparents, but I never saw much of them (especially my grandfather) until a few years ago. Although if they're going to call me a good housewife more often, maybe I'll see them more :P

Aspiring Member
    LOL, that's probably a pretty standard joke for his generation. Do you think he is the type to make that joke if he knew you liked to crossdress?

Keep up the good work! I assume that you practice your hospitality duties while dressed? right?

Good for you
    and well if you have a close relationship with them chances are they know

Quote Originally Posted by Shannen View Post
    LOL, that's probably a pretty standard joke for his generation. Do you think he is the type to make that joke if he knew you liked to crossdress?

Keep up the good work! I assume that you practice your hospitality duties while dressed? right?

Well I'm still in the closet but I certainly make a point to be more 'housewifey' when dressed, making sure dishes are done, doing more cooking, etc. Ideally, I'd love to keep up a super clean place, usually my male side can't be bothered though with that .

As for your first comment...I made a thread a few days ago being paranoid because last time they were here I left my hairbands out by accident and I'm pretty sure they noticed them, but no I don't think they know, although they have the most experience lately of shopping with me and the fact that they literally had to pry me out of the interior decorating section of big lots, and how much fun I had at the furniture store, lol.

Awww... Makes you feel good!! You should have puffed up your chest.... and shown them your bra!!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Pretty hard to say without context but the way you report it ,it sounded like he suggested it in a nice and genuine way. Sounds like acceptance if they suspect.

next time you have your grandparents over for dinner, wear your june cleaver dress, and say I took your suggestion to be a good housewife by dressing like one. I would.

Quote Originally Posted by vivianann View Post
    next time you have your grandparents over for dinner, wear your june cleaver dress, and say I took your suggestion to be a good housewife by dressing like one. I would.
    Haha, that'd be funny. Do that and be like "well you said I'd make a good housewife...". Wouldn't that be an interesting way to come out :P.

Opportunity just knocked, GO FOR IT!!!!, I would.

Cool.
    Angie

There was a wonderful thread on aprons and they were very nice and frilly. I to love the kitchen and making something nice for the family. Have fun and wear the lacy bra. Karren your such a dear. LOL

Huggs Keli