Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought for today.....

Thought for today.....

Do you ever think how fortunate you are, to have discovered that you were NOT the only one who put on womens' clothes?

Prior to this discovery, I felt alone in the world.

When I did find out about other crossdressers......my world changed---for the better!

love to you all............ Sonia X

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia Greene View Post

Prior to this discovery, I felt alone in the world.

When I did find out about other crossdressers......my world changed---for the better!
    Sonia X

like finding an osasis in the middle of a big dessert

Finally I knew: "I was NOT alone"
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I feel an added companionship that can't be compared.To know others are accepting and sharing the same feelings, gives me confidence I lacked before.We don't have to be alone in this jungle.

Thought

Sonia,

Not so much that i was alone, for I knew others were doing it thanks to a "Dear Abby" letter in the summer of 1976 which really prompted this activity.

What is fortunate is the discovery that I am not alone as to the reason of why I engage in this activity.

I knew I wasn't alone when I read a Life Magazine article on Transvestites in NYC.... 40+ years ago.... I just didn't know if they knew I knew! Lol.
    Last edited by Karren H; 04-17-2009 at 07:19 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    We all have seen CD's on TV for years, Flip Wilson, Milton Burrow, and other who have crossdressed in the lime lite, but if I have known what I know today 30 years ago I am sure my life would be far different than it is today.

I knew I wasn't alone, as Tina mentioned Flip and Uncle Milton, and I had read stories of men who did it in various adult magazines over the years, but they were few and far between. But since I got on the net and found that there are thousands of men who have this hobby/fetish. And through these forums I can actually communicate with them and they with me on thoughts, tips and suggestions, and though I haven't met one of my sisters from a forum, and the wife would kill me if I actively tried to arrange a meeting for any reason, I know there are many who have.
    A BIG [SIZE="4"]THANKS[/SIZE] to the Admins that put this and other sites like this together for girls like us where we can get to know more about ourselves and others like us.

Aspiring Member
    I have found this site to be an inspiration, moving me in directions I would not have gone otherwise. It has enabled to open up to myself and my sisters.

Never felt alone but always felt that I was "bent" as they say. I agree with the above that if I knew then what I know now....But then again I may not be here if that was true. Of course blessed with that knowledge back then maybe I would have been clairvoyant enough to prevent AIDs and the "recession" and the world would be a better place for you and me...just wait and see.

But to answer the question, I enjoy this site. So therefore I am thankful for it. I get to see the differing opinions and thoughts of people who I am akin to. It goes to show ya that we are not all cookie cutter. We are just as diverse as the "real" world.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I still feel alone sometimes. Not as much since I've accepted myself for who I am. Maybe I just need to get out more
    Hugs n Kisses
    ~Jenna~

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Maybe when I started CD'ing 60+ years ago, I felt alone. But certainly not anymore! After all the stuff in movies, TV, and newspapers about Transvestites, Crossdressers, etc., how could one feel alone? We are an Army!! Join up, we want you!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Yes I thought [I] was alone for years, thought I was sick, mentally off or some other garbage like that. I had seen and heard of female impersonators on the TV but thought for a long time that was just being done for intertainment.
    Now I know the truth and feel so much better about me. Then I found this sight and now I feel like I have friends of like mind.
    So nice to know we are not alone.

OK! We have consensus....

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Maybe when I started CD'ing 60+ years ago, I felt alone. But certainly not anymore! After all the stuff in movies, TV, and newspapers about Transvestites, Crossdressers, etc., how could one feel alone? We are an Army!! Join up, we want you!!
    To the writer preceeding this and everyone else.....thanks for all your posts---interesting to digest.
    It was about 60yrs ago since I actively got involved, but I saw the Roberta Cowell write up in our family newspaper when first announced. And I was SO excited by this thought!

Until comparatively recently though, (20yrs or so?) crossdressing has not had as high a profile as it has now. Films like Tootsie etc. helped.
    But you ask your friends if they do dress, chances are they'll be horrified to be asked.

We are doing now, what the Gays did years ago, and see how integrated they are now.

Sonia
    As the writer said......."We are now an Army", (but I hate khaki--as it doesn't suit me!)

Yeah, I remember what it felt like to think I was the only person on the planet who was like this. But when I found out that there were others, they were somehow portrayed as people with some kind of condition. I didn't like that much either. Having a "condition" is bad to me, or at least never seems desirable in the way it is presented.

I think in recent years, with the more open flow of information, it's been a lot easier on me. Not only have I come to terms with myself (and learned to really enjoy my gift), I also see a lot of other cd's who are also very happy with themselves and don't seem to have any "condition" at all.

I guess for me, it wasn't enough to know there were others like this. It was much more meaningful to find other normal people (as in people who do not suffer from some "condition") like this.

I hope that made sense.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I'm very grateful for this site and the knowledge that there are others out there like me. For the majority of my life most of my exposure to anything cross dressing related was TV shows such as Jerry Springer, In Living Color, and COPS all of which did not help my self esteem or self acceptance very much.

I would say it was nothing short of a revelation! For over 50 years, I felt so strange with all the other emotions that come with being a closeted crossdresser. Since finding this forum, I realize that I am definitely not alone. It is such a relief, sort of an epiphany, and has given me the courage to explore things that I would have suppressed otherwise.
    Julie

Banned Read only
    I felt and have always seen others, the ones who are brave enough to escape their walls .. What I never was able to do prior to the internet was talk so openly about dressing...
    That takes a big chip off of my shoulders even tho we all do not agree on the ways of society, we do agree that this isn't something we asked for.

Some (most ) are pleased to have it in their lives and few ( like me ) wish it would just go away... I have came to a lot of terms with it being here , I do thank all of you for putting up with my ignorance at times right or wrong.

Yes ,I do find comfort not that others have this un accepted behavior but that I am not alone and that I do get great advise on how to deal with it from others who have been down that path I was about to take.

For most of my life I thought I was alone in the world with the need to wear women's clothing. I didn't understand it and felt guilty and ashamed. It was a secret no one could know. When I found this site a couple years ago it was like putting a window in my closet. I now know a bigger world exists. I am not out in it but at least I can meet with friends and enjoy the view.

Jaydee

I was glad to find this forum and the Tri-Ess group in Houston. It is great to know you are not alone and that there are people out there that can relate to you. I love the way they make me feel when we meet and do things together like dinners and meetings. I love to dress up and have someone tell me that I look good in a dress.

I do feel fortunate too!

This website has been a tremendous help for me in coming to terms with my need to express my feminine side. As most of us know, it is not an easy road to travel, by any means, although some are lucky enough to have supportive people around them that are understanding and accepting to a greater or lesser degree. My journey has been challenging, but I have come a long way towards feeling good about myself and letting go of the guilty feelings I had for a long time. Self-acceptance is the first step for many of us and this forum has been a wonderful gift for me. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share all the joy and sorrow that we all experience. I always come back for support and now feel strong enough to encourage newbies to this forum to be true to themselves and that they are not alone!
    Eve

Do something special for yourself today. You deserve it!

Hit it on the head, in one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    Yeah, I remember what it felt like to think I was the only person on the planet who was like this. But when I found out that there were others, they were somehow portrayed as people with some kind of condition. I didn't like that much either. Having a "condition" is bad to me, or at least never seems desirable in the way it is presented.

I think in recent years, with the more open flow of information, it's been a lot easier on me. Not only have I come to terms with myself (and learned to really enjoy my gift), I also see a lot of other cd's who are also very happy with themselves and don't seem to have any "condition" at all.

I guess for me, it wasn't enough to know there were others like this. It was much more meaningful to find other normal people (as in people who do not suffer from some "condition") like this.

I hope that made sense.
    Yes!!! Meeting others, whether on email or web or face-to-face, has opened up vistas that produce feelings of "no guilt", which can only be good, as there's too much of that in the world!

To know that many, many other cd's have lots of calibre, with nothing dirty about it reinforces our own belief in ourselves too. Many of us, myself included have had feelings of insecurity or lacking in self-confidence in the past, but these are now dispelled and the flags are flying!
    Three cheers for crossdressing, and all who enjoy it!

Sonia

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    I knew crossdressers existed, but I fell for the whole "gay" scam. I also felt that I was the only one that had the thoughts about dressing like I do. Boy, was I glad to have been proven wrong
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

I saw old television shows that had men wearing womens clothes (uncle Milty) and figured there were others who dressed this way.. shows like Monty Python were nice to see, regardless of whether they were doing it for the show or, in this case since they are English, likely did it anyway.. I knew there were others, so when I ventured to the internet and entered "crossdressers" into Google it sure was nice to pick and choose from all these sites, this one being one of the first to be listed.. the community is here.. how big is hard to say.. I'd like to think that for every one that is registered, there are at least ten who are just curious and thinking about either joining as a want to experiment type of person, or about the same number who want to join but are afraid they will be found out about.. and for all those who are here, want to be here, never wanted to be here there are also an equal number or greater that aren't on the internet.. or maybe I'm full of it...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I knew I wasn't alone when I read a Life Magazine article on Transvestites in NYC.... 40+ years ago.... I just didn't know if they knew I knew! Lol.
    I think that's when I first knew, but wasn't it LOOK mag?
    Of course, the internet's what awakened me to this Not Aloneness! LOL
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 04-18-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added something

Definitely

It was a BIG relief for me to learn that there were many others that shared my interest in dressing as a woman.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.