Thread: new generation

new generation

i work at a walmart and i noticed that all the females that i see are dressing up as boys any more they were levis t shirts and no heels shoes they drag there heels they look like slobbs walking around what happened to them you'd think thier ftm crossdressers mybe it's just me it's a shame they can dress and act like that and we can't dress and act like we want

Akyra
    personally i think they're just slobs......

no style no appeal just slobs.....

if those are ftms they gots problems......

aspirin pleeez sumone

Banned Read only
    I agree with Akyra, slobs.

Plus you have to figure the average trailer trash Wal-Mart customer is far from high class or fashion conscious.

I know I am beeing a snob, but for gods sake that corperation has done so much damage to this countrys manufacruting industry, I can't even begin to imagen what it will be like in another ten years...

girl next door
    Though I empathize with your point, I can't help feel it's a bit hypocritical. Why is it OK for you to say "it's a shame for them to dress like that" but not OK for those who judge us to say something like "it's disgusting... men carrying on like that...f***ing queers." We, of all people, should be accepting how individuals choose to dress/express themselves.

I don't work at Walmart, I don't shop at Walmart, and I don't go to Walmart, and I don't see women who look like slobs. You are what you eat.

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi
    Though I empathize with your point, I can't help feel it's a bit hypocritical. Why is it OK for you to say "it's a shame for them to dress like that" but not OK for those who judge us to say something like "it's disgusting... men carrying on like that...f***ing queers." We, of all people, should be accepting how individuals choose to dress/express themselves.
    Because no matter what slobs or differences in people the world starts to accept we never are one step further it seems.

girl next door
    Tristen, it seems to me I've seen more than a few posts talking about the greater acceptance of CDing, especially by the "new generation!"

Perhaps if I sound too Pollyanna, it's cuz I haven't gotten out in public and experienced that particular kind of nastiest first hand...walked a mile in those high heeled shoes, if you will.
    Last edited by uknowhoo; 06-28-2005 at 10:04 PM.

oohTammi,
    You hit the nail right on the head.

Robertacd,
    Shame on you

Sweet Susan,
    You're COOL

Ricki B

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi
    Tristen, it seems to me I've seen more than a few posts talking about the greater acceptance of CDing, especially by the "new generation!"
    No arguement there, but when I 'see' it in everyday life then I'll believe it. Know what I mean. Still an aweful lot of intolerence out there and here as well and I am not coming from a redneck town. We have every class of person here. Nice to hear it's out there, but it would be nice to see it more everywhere.

Aspiring Member
    I think the 'casualisation' of females is pretty widespread. I know when I go out in skirt, heels and fitted jacket - I'm pretty over dressed unless I carry a briefcase and look like a sales rep.

A bit sad really - but I do notice the women who are well dressed more than I used to.

Fiona xx

Quote Originally Posted by FionaAlexis
    I think the 'casualisation' of females is pretty widespread.
    "Casualisation" applies to men as well. Rarely any more do you see a suit, or even a jacket and tie, on a man who isn't a lawyer, a salesman or a doctor. As a consultant, I stayed with an IBM-style dress code even after it started to make me stick out like a sore thumb in most business offices.

I can't remember the last time I went to a restaurant that required that men wear a jacket and tie. I was at a moderately upscale restaurant recently and was horrified to see a patron dressed like a surfer boy - tank top with huge arm holes, baggy shorts, flip-flops.

At least in business offices, women still want to look nice, even if informal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Susan
    You are what you eat.
    So let's eat the rich!
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 06-29-2005 at 01:25 PM.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Real GGs can and do wear femme clothes EVERY day of their life. Of course they wear casual clothes when they can, it is not really easy or feasible to put on an evening gown, 3 inch heels and full makeup to just go to the grocery store. For those of you who lament this, try to find a real GG and then try to talk to her - ask them why they don't wear corsets, 4 inch heels or pantyhose 24/7...

Rachel Ann, you are 100% right For those of you who cpmplain that women are not dressing up on an everyday basis, when was the last time you wore a suit or at least a shirt and tie to go to the grocery store?

DanaJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    ... then maybe you'll think twice before calling someone a slob.
    Right as usual, Amelie. To me "slob" means somebody who wears dirty, grubby clothes (of whatever style), is careless about personal hygeine, and does not keep their space - or others' - to a minimum level of cleanliness and neatness. In other words, somebody who doesn't care about their appearance or its effect on others.

Dressing punk or in other unconventional styles does not a slob make.

Love

Rachel xx

p.s. When I was young, "punk" hadn't arrived yet, but we had our own ways to stand out and be outrageous. Hair length was a big part of it: "Hey, are you a boy or a girl?" / "Why don't you suck my d*** and find out?" *runs like hell*.

A lifetime of this sort of thing has more or less immunized me to the "hairy eyeball".
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 06-29-2005 at 01:29 PM.
    - Robert Hunter

Platinum Member
    we would just die to be able to dress as we want when we want ....probleme thay are liveing our dream and dressing the way thay want to ...............

Quote Originally Posted by carla55
    i work at a walmart and i noticed that all the females that i see are dressing up as boys any more they were levis t shirts and no heels shoes they drag there heels they look like slobbs walking around what happened to them you'd think thier ftm crossdressers mybe it's just me it's a shame they can dress and act like that and we can't dress and act like we want
    So what? Let people dress the way they want to dress.

(I really wish I could curse. :mad: )

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    I also read on this forum how Cds have a more sensitive understanding of things,I read that Cds have more feelings than the average male. Sorry but this is very wrong, the CDs here do not have these feelings, most CDs here are just the same as the average Joe, except they wear a dress.
    Generalisation can be awkward, and I completely see where you're going with this, and I agree!!

I try to take people as they are. And I don't say, "oh they're going to be insensitive because they're a man!" ... not at all - if someone is insensitive, it's because of them as a person. I just believe that TRUE CDers can empathise with females more than most men can...

*GENERALISATION ALERT*

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

My two cents worth, maybe only worth what it is written on, BUT, I grew up in the Southern US during the 1950's. Women wore girdles, hose, dresses, the whole nine yards almost anytime they were seen out of the house unless it was to go to a weekend picnic or the beach or some such thing. Men wore pleated slacks, a shirt and tie usually, if not a suit, to work, and a shirt and tie most of the time otherwise like after work going out to eat or something.

It had to be just about as uncomfortable as living in a wet plastic bag, the humidity here is just murderous, the heat is intolerable and airconditioning was at the movies! Those people were crazy!

Comfort is a good thing, I work in a small commercial printing company, we have ovens that heat up to 1350 degrees, even in airconditioning it gets hot, but I remember seeing guys running those machines years ago wearing long pants, work shoes, and regular work uniform shirts. Those people were crazy!

I wear shorts and a t shirt to work every day and sandals, so back in the old days I would have been dressed wrong. I dress comfortably, as do the girls you see at Wal Mart.

You can bet that those same girls you see in flats and jeans, draggin thier flip flops on the floor are dressed to the nines in everything you would ever want to wear and then some on prom night, at weddings, what ever special occaision, just as I wear a $500 suit when I go out to formal things.

Like I said it is just my two cents worth

Okay - there are a lot of really touchy topics going on here at once... I love it! ha-ha I share your fear, Roberta, of how the Wal-Mart -ization of America is going to effect us as a society. At the same time, I grew up in a small rural farm town where you really had no place other than Wal-Mart to shop. So it becomes difficult to generalize and label the individuals who shop there as "slobs" or of a lower class. The more I go through life, the more I believe that class does not pertain directly to financial income. I have known many people who make a whole hell of a lot more money than me and yet have way less class than me. When I was a little kid of 5 or 6 living in a broken down trailer because my dad lost his job at the steel mill, my family still had a sense of "class."
    "Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another."

I think that judging people by their appearance is bogus, but people do, so I try to look nice when going places like the doctor or the auto mechanic. People *do* treat you better when you're dressed a trifle uptown. Cops even call me "Sir".

Quote Originally Posted by Cissy Suzie
    ... in the Southern US during the 1950's. ... Women wore girdles, hose, dresses, the whole nine yards almost anytime they were seen out of the house unless it was to go to a weekend picnic or the beach or some such thing. Men wore pleated slacks, a shirt and tie usually, if not a suit, to work, and a shirt and tie most of the time otherwise like after work going out to eat or something.

It had to be just about as uncomfortable as living in a wet plastic bag, the humidity here is just murderous, the heat is intolerable and airconditioning was at the movies! Those people were crazy!
    Yes, and it wasn't confined to the South! I remember when a lady wouldn't dream of going downtown without hat and gloves. People still dressed up to go on airplanes until sometime in the mid-60s.

One time (in the South) I had to go to somebody's house to return a book or something. She wasn't home but her Mom was. She opened the door just a crack, saw that it was me (i.e., not somebody from her church), and opened the door the rest of the way. She was wearing slacks. She begged me to keep that to myself.

I like formality, but it was the baby that went out with the bathwater during the long-overdue social revolution of the 60s and 70s.
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 06-30-2005 at 03:11 PM.
    - Robert Hunter

girls,
    it's all about being comfortable with who you are.if
    we don't want to be judged,we shouldn't judge others.
    also,remember that society had it's thumbs on women for
    centuries.i think it's great that they can express themselves
    in any way they choose.it's not what we wear,it's who we are that
    really counts.
    hugs,karen.

Ronna's Evil Twin
    It would be more fun if you could dress them up the way you wanted to!
    Maybe invite them over to play dress-up!