Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non Transitioning Transsexual.

Non Transitioning Transsexual.

We have various labels for what we are.

CD, TV .TS etc but their seems to be one missing.

NTT - Non Transitioning Transsexual

I firmly believe that there are many of us out there in the big world that are in a place between being a crossdresser and a transsexual.

I do not want to be a woman,I do not want to have surgery, but is CD'ing enough for me. The answer has to be NO.

Anyone else feel this way?

Xx Vicky xX

Mostly Harmless...
    There should be transsexuals who don't want to have a surgery because the life situation or any other reasons. But to my knowledge a transsexual itself already means one wants to be a women, it does not necessary mean wanting to go through the SRS or anything. But wanting to at least live the life as woman.

So if you don't want to be a women, then you are not really a transsexual as you don't want to be the opposite sex, if you understand what I mean. There should be plenty of transsexuals who do not want to have any operation on them, especially on the side of FTM. They just keep the body they have but they live in the role of the other sex.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar

I must respectfully

disagree, Shikyo. It is entirely possible for a person to only want to be a transsexual, that is they only want a partial transition without full SRS.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by TommiTN View Post
    disagree, Shikyo. It is entirely possible for a person to only want to be a transsexual, that is they only want a partial transition without full SRS.
    At what point did I say transsexuals have to get a full SRS? I don't recall saying that at all. In fact, I said that there are lots of transsexuals who don't want to have any operation at all, but even then they live as the opposite sex.. I only said that if you don't want to be of the opposite sex, you're not a transsexual.

The definition of transsexual is that one feels that one is the opposite sex but has the wrong physical body, without this feeling you just are not a transsexual. How far you want to go with it, it's all up to you. Everyone has different needs about that, but being a transsexual has nothing to do with the operations and hormones, but with the feeling of being the wrong sex.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Sorry but this was not asked to cause an arguement.

I firmly believe that there is somewhere between being a CD and a TS. I would put myself in that place and all I asked was does anyone else feel like this.

I think this is a topic that should be discussed and has valid arguements on both sides but please act resposibly when replying and not turn this subject matter into a reason to attack others.

You may not agree with someones point of view but at least have the decency to respect it.

Thanks

Xx Vicky xX

Vicky,

The subject of labels and terminology can be a minefield. Different groups and of course different counties use various lables to describe the same thing. Then again the same label can be ued to describe different conditions.

As far as Transexuals go, I've always thought of them in three categories:

The Non-op TS - one who wishes to live as a woman but without any medical intervention.

The Pre-op TS - one who is transitioning but has yet to undergo SRS

The Post-op TS - one who has had SRS and completed the transition.

I'm sure there are many who will disagree with this interpretation, but it's the way I see things.

As for myself I am a crossdresser who spends as much of her time as possible in a female role. The amount of time I spend varies, and for me there is currently no clear objective regarding my eventual status.

To make things simple, I describe myself as Transgendered, or TG.

But however you see yourself Vicky, make the most of your transgendered nature and enjoy it. That's my view of how I am and it's the way I get the most out of being transgendered, or a tgirl

Luv

Susan

pre-opp and post-opp ?

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Sorry but this was not asked to cause an arguement.
    Sorry, but there was no sign of you wanting to make a statement instead of a discussion in the first post.

I firmly believe that there is somewhere between being a CD and a TS. I would put myself in that place and all I asked was does anyone else feel like this.
    I'm not denying that at all. I just got caught up the fact that you said you don't want to be a women, but you were still talking about transsexuals. I guess I just misunderstood your first post.

I think this is a topic that should be discussed and has valid arguements on both sides but please act resposibly when replying and not turn this subject matter into a reason to attack others.
    I apologize if I seemed to be attacking someone, it definitely was not my aim.

You may not agree with someones point of view but at least have the decency to respect it.

Thanks

Xx Vicky xX
    I don't think that I showed any disrespect though. I just said what I thought about it. Not to forget there is a clear definition for a transsexual which I was talking about, but I also said that it is not that uncommon to have transsexuals not wanting to transform.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Stephens View Post
    pre-opp and post-opp ?
    Pre-opp a person who plans to have a SRS, but has not done it yet.

Post-opp a person who has had a SRS.
    Last edited by Shikyo; 04-22-2009 at 06:54 AM.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Thanks

Xx Vicky xX
    Vicky,

Just to add a bit more.

Yes, I do agree there is somewhere between CD & TS. It's where I am at present

Just dressing as a woman is not enough, but full time is neither an option or a desire at present.

Where this is going to lead for me I'm not sure. But I intend to make it an interesting journey

Hope that helps.

Luv

Susan

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    So a person who does not feel that he or she wants to be the opposite sex from their birth sex but who takes medical steps to appear that way except for genital surgery is not a TS? There are many who enjoy exactly that status and have no wish to take it further. Perhaps the question is more about gender than sex?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Mostly Harmless...
    So a person who does not feel that he or she wants to be the opposite sex from their birth sex but who takes medical steps to appear that way except for genital surgery is not a TS? There are many who enjoy exactly that status and have no wish to take it further. Perhaps the question is more about gender than sex?
    Yes, I would not consider this person a TS. Like Susan and Vicky have already pointed out, it would be someone who would be between a CD and a TS.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Watersfield View Post
    Vicky,

Just to add a bit more.

Yes, I do agree there is somewhere between CD & TS. It's where I am at present

Just dressing as a woman is not enough, but full time is neither an option or a desire at present.

Where this is going to lead for me I'm not sure. But I intend to make it an interesting journey

Hope that helps.

Luv

Susan

Susan you hit the nail on the head with that statement.

That is exactly the feelings I have. We both seem to be in the same place at this moment in time.

Xx Vicky xX

Quote Originally Posted by Shikyo View Post
    Yes, I would not consider this person a TS. Like Susan and Vicky have already pointed out, it would be someone who would be between a CD and a TS.
    Would you have a name for this person?

Xx Vicky xX

Quote Originally Posted by Shikyo View Post
    My intial reaction to this was that I have learnt something new today.

But then I realized I was wrong. I have indeed heard a similar situation being discussed.

But as to how you describe a person in this situation, I'm afraid I just don't know. But I am eager to find out.

Luv

Susan

Susan you hit the nail on the head with that statement.

That is exactly the feelings I have. We both seem to be in the same place at this moment in time.

Xx Vicky xX

Vicky,

Nice to meet you

I look foward to further discussions in the future.

Luv

Susan X
    Last edited by Sandra; 04-22-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

The Non-op TS - one who wishes to live as a woman but without any medical intervention.
    This is my SO and she's been living 24/7 for the past 4 years. She doesn't have the feeling that she is in the wrong body, but just dressing on the odd occasion is not enough for her and so she went full time.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Hmm, I think an apt description of someone in that position would be: "Career girl".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

This little debate struck a nerve with me because the title is an apt description of me.

Think of it this way, being TS is something you either are or are not. Many of us recognize at a very early age that something is not right with our gender.

Being a CD'er on the other hand is being a participant in an activity, albeit a very intense and emotional one that I'm sure might seem like it's rooted in some sort of hard-wiring (and it may in fact be that way). Yet we're still talking about behaviour, not a state of being. A CD'er may decide that she'd prefer to live as a woman full time but does that mean she is a woman between the ears? If so, then she was kidding herself from the beginning as to her motivations for dressing.

As for me, i am a non-transitioning TS due to the path my life has taken me thus far and my desire to keep it all together. Being TS isn't defined by how I live my life or whether I choose to have surgery. It's simply who I am.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Ohhh how wonderful.... More labels..... Sigh.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    We have various labels for what we are.

CD, TV .TS etc but their seems to be one missing.

NTT - Non Transitioning Transsexual

I firmly believe that there are many of us out there in the big world that are in a place between being a crossdresser and a transsexual.

I do not want to be a woman,I do not want to have surgery, but is CD'ing enough for me. The answer has to be NO.

Anyone else feel this way?

Xx Vicky xX
    I don't feel that way, no. In my view there will be ever more subdivisions of the existing labels if we keep discussing this in this way. The logical conclusion is that your definitive label will be "Vicky" and mine will be "Sarah". Because we are not the same and so our labels will not be the same.

Sarah...

Hi Eveerybody,
    I just wanted to agree with Susan's areas/definations of TS and expand on the Non-Op TS one. This area has a lot of gray to Her defination but I agree with it as I am flounding in there somewhere. I am still loooking/asking/reading for answers and ideas. I have not been able to make the information I have to date gell into a clear picture, yet. Depending on the day and how I feel, I can agree with a Posters opion one day and disagree with it the next. If you consider this confusing just think how I feel at times. There is a place for me in the Non-Op TS definition, but I just don't know where it is yet.

Hugs,
    Alice
    PS I have stepped on some toes (in the forum) because I didn't know the rules (does and don't). To those individual I can only say I'm sorry, I am trying.

Quote Originally Posted by boardpuppy View Post
    PS I have stepped on some toes (in the forum) because I didn't know the rules (does and don't). To those individual I can only say I'm sorry, I am trying.
    There are rules?? I need to check that out! Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

[QUOTE=Susan Watersfield;1695318]My intial reaction to this was that I have learnt something new today.

But then I realized I was wrong. I have indeed heard a similar situation being discussed.

But as to how you describe a person in this situation, I'm afraid I just don't know. But I am eager to find out.

Luv

Susan

Susan, I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by boardpuppy View Post
    Hi Eveerybody,
    I just wanted to agree with Susan's areas/definations of TS and expand on the Non-Op TS one. This area has a lot of gray to Her defination but I agree with it as I am flounding in there somewhere. I am still loooking/asking/reading for answers and ideas. I have not been able to make the information I have to date gell into a clear picture, yet. Depending on the day and how I feel, I can agree with a Posters opion one day and disagree with it the next. If you consider this confusing just think how I feel at times. There is a place for me in the Non-Op TS definition, but I just don't know where it is yet.

Hugs,
    Alice
    Alice,

You're not alone in feeling confused about your tg nature. I'm in my late 50s, been tg since the age of 13 and been dressing regularly for several years.

Sometimes I think I understand where I am, and then realize I don't. Just lately I've noticed a change in how I feel, and although I'm confortable with it, it has still be a surprise.

No two tg's are the same, no matter what categories we think we occupy. After all, regardless of being transgendered, we are all individuals.

The best thing to do is to come on here and see what others are saying, and of course make your contributions. In that you are most welcome

Luv

Susan

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I agree Karen, however---

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Ohhh how wonderful.... More labels..... Sigh.....
    ---in a recent thread, I said I didn't feel like I was TS. Rather, simply a CD.

The DEFINITION of a TG individual was trotted out by a member here. Which said that;

"Individuals who repeatedly and knowingly, dress in clothes of the opposite sex, r TG!"

Sorry to interrupt. U can go back to your arguement now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There is no grey area... You either is or you either ain't. If you're CD you dress if you is TS you is a mess... lol

If you consider yourself really, and I mean really a female then you're TS... Whether you want to take hormones, have your bits sliced and diced, or simply do nothing at all but think and feel.

CD's are about wearing the clothes and good for them... It's nice they've found an enjoyable hobby... which may lead to some rather interesting longterm lifestyle choices... be it either dressing 24/7 (which I tried for a few years while I lied to myself some more ) or even making some cosmetic modifications to their bodies.

Me I feel permanently like a bit of a girl, well a total girl, even naked looking in the mirror at some very girlish and not so girlish bits... hey-ho

PS... If you're interested... I started as a do nothing... progressed to hormones are ok but woooooah to slashing at me with a scapel... to I want one and I want it now... What can I say?... It was the coward in me dragging her heels
    Last edited by Lisa Golightly; 04-22-2009 at 10:32 AM.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

As far as Transexuals go, I've always thought of them in three categories:

The Pre-op TS - one who is transitioning but has yet to undergo SRS

The Post-op TS - one who has had SRS and completed the transition.
    Regardless of the labels, even Vicky's "NTT - Non Transitioning Transsexual", they are all transsexuals.

Not sure why anyone thinks it is important to have labels, however.
    DonnaT