Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreaming like a girl

I do what I say on my tin

Dreaming like a girl

Okay, I've always been one who dreams a lot, usually several notable dreams per night. But recently (last couple of months I suppose) I've been dreaming more and more about myself either being a girl, or changing sex, or being crossdessed openly. I remember hearing myself with a girls voice and whenever I wake up I feel horribly depressed that I'm still a male. I feel really guilty that I feel this way but I am as happy as a person can be while in the dream. Does anyone else have these sort of dreams?

Aspiring Member
    Yes, when I was younger.

I think now I just daydream.

Fiona xx

Yes I have been having those dreams all my life, it really suck’s when you wake up don’t it

I don't dream nearly as much as you do but I do ocassionally dream of me living as a woman. I live this way about 90% now so I guess it's just an extension of this. Hope I make it to 100% someday.
    Kisses, Linda

Departed
    There was a recent thread on this:

Has anyone ever dempt they we're the opposite sex

I do what I say on my tin

sorry

Sorry about that... I didn't mean to duplicate... just vent!!!

I don't dream of me being dressed enfemme or being a girl. My wife has though
    DonnaT

I dream about being a better husband and father and completely accepting my femme side and positively integrating it into my life. I don't have to have a sex change to be happy. I just need to accept me for having this wonderful gift of expressing both male and female characteristics. I dream that the world we live in could be a safer and less harsher place and that tolerance and acceptance be the order of the day.

Emmi

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    My whole life I've dreamed of myself as a boy, with only one exception that I recall. That exception was when I was eight years old and had a concussion and passed out. I dreamed I was most definitely a girl, of about five years old, wearing a red and white lace dress, with long flowing brown hair, running through a field of flowers. TOTALLY unlike every other dream I've ever had.

Other sort- of exceptions include sex dreams, where I dream I am sleeping with a bloke and then very quickly my perspective shifts and I become the bloke... A bit narcissistic, maybe... Or maybe not; I don't know exactly how to interpret the dream, because it's more like I'm the guy but am looking at both of us from a bird's eye view.

Then again, all of my dreams are me looking on from an odd perspective-- like I'm watching on TV or something. I'm disembodied and am viewing myself in all of my dreams.

Anyone wants to interpret that, go on ahead
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Dream interpretations from source

According to a personal library book entitled The Secret Language of Dreams by David Fontana, p.148-149, a person who dreams they are the opposite sex is drawing attention to their "Anima or Animus", meaning the female aspect of man and the male aspect of woman. Dreaming of reversals may be trying to show you that seeing things in terms of opposites (including forces at war within your mind) is limiting: only by uniting your many various energies can you realize your full potential.

Personally, I go to my tarot cards to open my subconscious mind and be just as more confused as heck! Sometimes, later, stuff hits me and I can see the light "Carrie Ann".

Hope this helps, but of course it's one persons researched interpretation.

Kat
    Last edited by KrazyKat; 07-01-2005 at 08:19 PM. Reason: spell check
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Platinum Member
    just enjoy your dreams ....as you are a girl in them ....now why would you want to wake up and mess that all up.........

Wendy, Abraxas is a bloke in his dream!
    But I'm sure they're all BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!

Kat
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Tristen Cox
    My thoughts are always in female mode whether I'm dreaming or not. Most of the time I never actually see my body in my dreams. On those rare occasions I am female but usually if I see anything of myself at all I'm in boy mode. Interesting the thoughts always stay fem

I dream alot as a girl. I think I dream more liek a girl than a guy!

Actually, I can tell you that a dream of a female is what started me on this wonderful Journey.

I was a kid.
    I remember a dream I had where, it was a Mighty MOuse Cartoon, and in it, there was a Loud Gong, and Mighty's Girlfriend was gonged. That was the Trigger that started me on this wonderful Journey of Womanhood!

Smile

MY DREAMS usually consist of being cought dressing. don't now why. maybe the fear i might be discovered by family or friends. usually the case in my dreams. but older and braver, if my dreams came true, guess that would not be a problem. been OUT of the closet at least three times now. you know, going public. if the whole world finds out, so what. let them eat cake. i am me and soo happy with it!

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Do you grrlz dream in color or B&W? I dream in color and some men (more than women) dream in B&W. Just curious.
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

Tristen Cox
    Color always. I never understood how you could dream in B/W. Perhaps a contrast tube issue?

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I dream in black and white or very dim colour, like the lights are very low, or like when the very first colour moveis and photographs were around.
    The only time I've ever dreamt in vivid colour was that time I had the concussion.

But then, I have a problem visualising anything in my head. I can't close my eyes and SEE anything, really, no matter how hard I try. Shadows of a thing, maybe, but never concrete images.

Maybe that has something to do with it.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I don't know about dreaming like a girl, but i have just started dreaming of being a girl.

Its a bit bazaar, but several people i know, have died of, or have, cancer in recent times. I have been told to get a full physical by family as i'm into my early forties and is it recommended for my age group.

Since then, i have been having a dream about having prostate and/or testicular cancer and asking the medical people to remove the organ/s completely and they then ask that since most of the sexual organs are to be removed, would i prefer to have a complete sex change instead? Would I ever!!! Just think of it - no pychological counselling, no living as a woman for 1 yr - the medical procedure would be urgent and immediate!

But, in reality, I don't want cancer and its not the way i would really want a sex change (something that has been on my mind in the last two months). There is no way i'd exchange a cancer scare for gender reassignment.

But this dream is re-occurring, so its starting to worry me - and i haven't had that full medical checkup yet either.

I wish this dream would go away now.

Christine
    Last edited by Clare; 07-04-2005 at 09:26 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT
    I don't dream of me being dressed enfemme or being a girl. My wife has though

Interesting, Donna.

I normally dream of Angel in what I might call "feminized" or "girly boy" mode--in other words, as a person whose clothing, appearance, behavior, and mannerisms are feminine, but whose body is male. I suppose this would be termed a mixed gender or androgynous look, since my dreaming mind usually forgets Angel's wig, so he isn't fully en femme.

What I love about my dream world is how no one seems to notice that my husband is wearing anything unusual. I am not even aware of it myself in the dream....it's only after I wake up and mentally replay the dream that I realize he was going off to work wearing a skirt and blouse! It has been said that dreams are a kind of fantasy wish-fulfillment, and I think that's definitely the case here, because I so wish Angel could dress in the way we both prefer, without anyone finding it odd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

I used to have lots of dreams where I was dressed as a girl in front of family and friends but the funny thing was no one ever seemed to notice. In some of them I vividly remember folding my arms so no one could see I had a bust or I'd stand behind a sofa or chair so they couldn't tell I was wearing a skirt and high heels. It was always embarassing because there was nowhere to hide. I still have dreams where I am dressed in front of others but they are rarely embarassing, and yeah, it's sucks waking up.

I always dream in color.....and it seems always seems more Real than anything..like I am actualy there..No Haze, No Fog, no Blurr.

Amelie
    Quote Originally Posted by KewTnCurvy
    Do you grrlz dream in color or B&W? I dream in color and some men (more than women) dream in B&W. Just curious.
    I only dream in black.

I have this violent dream quite often. I am a woman and I am being chased down the street by this strange man. I run into the subway, thinking I'll be safe, but the guy always catches me and throws me on the tracks in front of a oncoming train. I have this dream on a regular basis.

I probably had these when I was younger... but now it's just about the clothes.

For some reason, I always seem to get so close, but never get the clothes. So, for example: I buy some stuff, but it never gets home because someone/something stops me from getting there.

weird....

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    I only dream in black.

I have this violent dream quite often. I am a woman and I am being chased down the street by this strange man. I run into the subway, thinking I'll be safe, but the guy always catches me and throws me on the tracks in front of a oncoming train. I have this dream on a regular basis.
    Oh my my, Amelie:
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~