Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: arousal phase?

arousal phase?

It seems like many members of this forum have gone through two phases of crossdressing. The first phase was one in which the desire to dress was sexual excitement/arousal which was followed by one in which the desire was to feel "more comfortable" with oneself. For you, how long did the arousal phase last? Do you think the length is related to the frequency in which one dresses?

I actually went through three phases,

First, was pre-puberty and it contained no arousal. I just wanted to be a girl.

The second phase occurred during puberty and I still remember the first time I had an accident while getting dressed. I didn't really know what was happening. I had to go to the library and look up what had happened. I remember that it felt good and I remember reading that I shouldn't be ashamed by it but it also conflicted with what I was learning at Catholic school. I continued in this phase until my early 20's when I realized that I really felt that I was TS and that arousal with dressing conflicted with what we were supposed to say to the gatekeepers if you were thinking of transitioning in the late 70's and early 80's.

The third phase began when I began to dress again in my 30's when the sexual aspect seemed to completely disappear. I am 51 now and it just feels natural to dress and not have a real sexual component.

arousal

Good question. I have been dressing forever and it still makes me aroused. I guess when I dress I choose the clothing that makes me feel sexy and gives that sexual feeling that is the thrill of dressing for me. I don't have to wear super short skirts and super high heels, I can just throw on a sundress with some sandals and it will make me feel sensualy aroused, I can feel my bareness and femininity - it's the biggest thrill for me. I like to go around the block at night like that often wearing nothing under my dress - feels awsome.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I would say that the arousal phase lasted from my teen years up to about 3-4 years ago. That is when everything shifted from dressing for a certain "release" shall we say, to dressing for the feeling of release. In other words, dressing is my way to unshackle myself from the societal pressures and expectations of being a poor unfortunate male member of the species. As a woman, I can be soft. I can be pretty. I can be vulnerable. Sigh. I love it!

Kathi

The arousal phase for me lasted years mainly because I didn't dress very often. Now adays I seem to enjoy my femenimity more than the arousal. I've always know that there was a woman inside me and now I get to let her out. I love the feeling of being me when I'm dressed now and the arousal is minimal at best.

Jasmine

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    ... dressing is my way to unshackle myself from the societal pressures and expectations of being a poor unfortunate male member of the species. As a woman, I can be soft. I can be pretty. I can be vulnerable. Sigh. I love it!
    Kathi
    That says it for me too Kathi. I'm aroused not in a sexual but in a complete way. I'm happy with myself all over, for want of a better phrase.

Aspiring Member
    My experience has been the same as Lisa's. Because I started dressing at four years old there obviously was no arousal involved. When my male parts came alive it added a new dimension that I thought would always be there.
    Now at age 59 I don't want the negative effects of my male hormones. I would have an orchidectomy if it would be paid for by my insurance. I am more of a lesbian lover with my wife now. She mentioned to me that if I ever got cancer down there that it wouldn't effect our lovemaking if my male parts were removed. But then I am not just a cross dresser but somewhere between CD and TS. Leanne

There has been two phases for me and arousal was the first and now it feels right but sometimes one buys a new garment or in the presence of someone new while dressed phase one is back. It's more mind over matter than really the phase thing,IMO. Keli

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    I am smack dab in the middle of the arousal phase, every time I go out (which isn't much) I have to duck away & adjust things But I am new to going out fully dressed, up untill 4 months ago I didn't have anything that I thought looked good enough for an outing. Working on it though, but I can't complain too much
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

Must be related because I've been crossdressing for 5 decades and I'm still waiting for this alledged arousal phase to kick in!! I think I'm stick in the "should havd been a nun" phase!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have to agree with Lisa M. I am 51 also and I went through exactly the same thing.

New Girl On The Block NikkiBeth's Avatar
    [SIZE="2"]I too started before any type of arousal happened. When I started getting aroused, it made dressing different, it actually lessened my desire to dress. The arousal factor ended for me about 12 years ago, when I realized that there was a woman inside of me who needed to get out...and 12 years later she is out but now the woman inside is evolving. [/SIZE]

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    Always get aroused when dressed - just the thought is arousing. But when I am dressed the arousal lessens and I actually then jsut enjoy being samantha. the arousal can soemtines ruin it but then again its part of what keeps me wanting more!

When I started as a teen there was of course the initial arousal phase. As I got older the arousal became less and less until it's reached the point I'm at today where there is nothing special about it... it's just what I wear.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Gold Member
    It has a definite arousal factor figured in, but it also has a profound psychological effect as well. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

Dunno...I get less aroused because I don't have the right 'equipment' for how I'm presenting myself. The only thing it does for me is make me happy.

Hey. I'm 67 now and still have some degree of arousal phase. If that ever goes away I'll know I'm finally dead.

I'm 58 years old and I'm still aroused by dressing. If I wasn't, I don't think I would have any desire to CD.

I will not lie. I still get some arousal from dressing, but it is not what it once was. Lately I've found that the more I dress, the less it is about arousal and more about being comfortable. I do believe that length and frequency of dressing makes a difference in phases.
    Cary

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by renaegee View Post
    It seems like many members of this forum have gone through two phases of crossdressing. The first phase was one in which the desire to dress was sexual excitement/arousal which was followed by one in which the desire was to feel "more comfortable" with oneself. For you, how long did the arousal phase last? Do you think the length is related to the frequency in which one dresses?
    Um...yes
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

[SIZE=2]I've been dressing for over 50 years, it was sexually arousing the first time (at about 12) and it still is. With a non-accepting wife, I don't get much opportunity to dress, and when I do, I wear corsets, suspenders, stockings, 5" heels, tight skirts etc. all the clothes I'd find erotic if my wife wore them, so maybe it's not surprising I'm still aroused by dressing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Tony[/SIZE]

It takers to long doing the makeup to stay aroused now! Before I was just putting on nylons and a mini skirt and the arousal happened quickly. Now, by the time I'm finally dressed, it is time to go.
    Charlie

Do Nuns play hocky?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Must be related because I've been crossdressing for 5 decades and I'm still waiting for this alledged arousal phase to kick in!! I think I'm stick in the "should havd been a nun" phase!!

Banned Read only

Smile

I have been dressing for a long time. The following is true for me:

1. The desire to feel soft while life is hard, arousal does happen but in a sensual way. I Enjoy the soft caresses that take place of a real person. I do peak but I prefer the excitement verses the climax.
    A. 85% softness which always has arousal only leading to 14% climax. 1% is feeling pretty and wanting to be a lady.

Hope that helps,
    Satin Lover

I don't know if it's so much a phase as it is a purpose. The arousal I get from CDing is the only reason I do it. If I didn't get so turned on by it, I wouldn't even bother.