Thread: Cluck, cluck!

Cluck, cluck!

Big chicken, that's me. I need to go to Home Depot or Lowe's this morning and I just don't have it in me to go as Donna Marie. I've been to two drug stores, twice to the supermarket, and once to a thrift shop en femme in the last few weeks. But the home improvement store is daunting. There's just so many guys there. Women seem to be pretty much OK with me, but I am uncomfortable about men. Anybody else feel that way? How many of y'all are able to go to Home Depot en femme with no qualms?

I have been to hume depot twice enfemme, I went with a GG friend, she needed my help and I happened to be enfemme that day, we went in home depot the first time and she could not believe no one even noticed, then when we got to her house she realized she forgot to get a furnace filter so we went back to home depot and arrived just as they were getting ready to close, so we were able to get in and get the filter and check out, and the lady cashier was very nice to me, and coplimented me on my appearance courage to go out enfemme. You can do it wear a denim skirt and you should be able to do go there without any problem. I can understand your being uncomfortable around men, just ignore them dont look at them do your thing and go to a female cashier and will not have any problem.

I went to the home depot store earlier in the week to try to just wear my booties there.. walked to the plant section (outside) and couldn't go in.. hmmm... does this ever get easy??
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

One extra step at a time, Carly, and soon the path has been traversed.
    DonnaT

Home Depot once and Lowes once.. And Home Depot is pro crossdressers!! Yeah!! They have unisex restrooms and their moto says it all!!

"You can do it, We can help!!"

Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

How lowe can you go?

I've almost done it, but like you the nerves get to me. For me I think it is the fact that the parking lot if full of cars and there are gruff looking men standing around the front of the store. It is not that unusual to see a women in Home Depot, but I know the guys do look... and the probability of seeing someone I know goes up. Someday though.

It's kinda funny to go to HD or Lowes en femme. You do feel a bit out of place, kinda like a guy in the bridal shop.

And often, if you ask one of the male SA's a question, you'll find yourself getting a different answer; he'll try to make it simple and will be less likely to assume that you know the basics.

You want to scream, "Yes, I do know the difference between a straight screwdriver and a Phillips," but, instead, you have to moderate your tone and smile.

Those stores can be some of the best for perfecting your female personality.

Of course, you'd get the same sort of "let me make this simple for you" if you go to JoAnn's in guy mode and asked about crochet hooks.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

... But for me I went into a J.C. Penny's store earlier in the week (in regular guy mode) and went right to the womens section and started pawing through the cut price section.. I can even look at the pantyhose and tights section without a second thought, but try to walk into a Home Depot while wearing heeled booties and it's like this planet is not for you... hmm..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I can understand your feelings. I wanted to give myself a challenge, and decided that going into Menards would be a good one!So I went to the one I always go to, and once I went in, I had a blast. Now there are probably more gg's that shop in Menards,because they have a lot of non hardware stuff, including grocieries. I've seen plenty of woman shopping there, but never dressed the way I was! The short skirt and high heels do tend to stand out.I'm tempted to try the Home Depot, where there are mostly tradesmen and contractors, but I have to think about that one
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Hi, for those that are vetrans, if you can prove it, you qualify for a 10% discount on everything you buy at Lowes....BJ

Aspiring Member
    Fear is such a paralyzing emotion for all of us. The hardest thing for me is to get inside the front door. Once I get past that threshold, I become commtted to what I want to look at and/or purchase. I have finally come to terms with my fear. If you are checking my batting average, I am now at .500; I can get through the front door about 50% of the time now. For those of you who can walk in anywhere you want, anytime you want......You're in the Hall of Fame!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I know exactly what you mean! I have never (yet) been to places like Home Depot, Lowes, or an auto parts store dressed en femme.

This type of outing when en femme really does sort the "women out from the girls" (to paraphase "men from the boys"). To me, it's like going into the lion's den. There are so many manly men there it really does take some confidence to do it, especially if you know you don't pass.

My wife is telling me all the time that I should be "taking it to the next level" and by that she means I should be going out on my own more (I almost always go with her) and be going to places that are near the edge of my comfort zone, like Home Depot and Auto Parts Stores etc .... but me, I'm to chicken. I don't need to compete with myself and be able to go to manly places en femme ... not unless I want to scare myself silly.

Actually come to think of it ... in a previous post I was lamenting about how I don't get "excited-nervous" about going out en femme anymore like I used to when I first started to go out, maybe this is a way to "feel the fear" again
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I did go to Lowe's yesterday, but not en femme (cluck, cluck). And while I was there I saw quite a few ladies, especially in the garden shop. All of them were totally dressed down - jeans, sneakers, and totally un-femme tops. They coulda been guys except for the bumps in front and the hair. I might have made it like that and without any jewelry and little or no makeup. But then - why?

Quote Originally Posted by Annie D View Post
    Fear is such a paralyzing emotion for all of us. The hardest thing for me is to get inside the front door. Once I get past that threshold, I become commtted to what I want to look at and/or purchase. I have finally come to terms with my fear. If you are checking my batting average, I am now at .500; I can get through the front door about 50% of the time now. For those of you who can walk in anywhere you want, anytime you want......You're in the Hall of Fame!
    I think the same way.. if I can get through the front door I would be committed to the task at hand.. Thursday night the goal for Walmart was in fact just to go into the store and walk around a bit.. I have been in this store many times and know where the this or that is.. I think I would have tried to get to the womens section to look at some pantyhose.. at Walmart I don't look at this section that much ever (J.C. Penny's, different story) but I used to buy shoes there all the time when they had shoes that interested me.. I don't think I've bought a pair of shoes (womens) from Walmart this century.. anyway batting .500 hmm what is that.. I strike out every time.. in fact I think I'm benched for a while...

Aspiring Member
    Carly, here is what helped me the most: I shop at Walmart during the early morning hours. I cover the entire store(groceries, cosmetics, health and beauty, etc) and all the employees recognize me and greet me regularly. After a long period of time of not shopping, I returned and got several "how have you been, I haven't seen you in a long time". Pick a time when attendance is not so high. I ordered some shoes from Payless and to save shipping, I had them delivered to a local store. Much to my surprise, the store was right in the middle of a large mall. I made arrangements to be able to pick them up between 4:30 and 5:00 in the afternoon, a time when the mall was not so busy. Once I got inside the mall entrance, I just kept going and once inside was okay. I tried on the shoes and one of the SA's admired one of my chosen pairs because it was available only online and not in her store as yet. It was definitely easier to leave the store/mall than go in but the rush of excitement is definitely worth the adventure!

I cannot venture into any Lowes or Home Depot store in the area . . . as I used to merchandise Lawn and Garden products as a vendor in ALL these stores in my area so I know a good many SA's in each store . . . I would be surely recognized!! that and my old boss is the Sales Manager of the vending company I worked for and visits these stores regularly. He is also an elder at my former church so . . .

Home Depots and Lowes stores are off limits to Jacqui

But I can see the intimidation factor. . .I'd probably go into one if I needed to and wouldn't be caught tho. . .but thats me. I enjoy the thrill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There have been several posts by girls going to the big box home improvement stores. I thought it was because of my basic cowardly nature that I had never been to one en femme. It is nice to hear from others who have the same reservations I do. Let's pick a day and all go to the hardware store in skirts, see you in the window covering section, I think a denim skirt is a good idea.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.