Thread: So I was out eating today...

So I was out eating today...

Not fem though, but that wasn't the interesting kind of cool thing that happened.

I was at lunch, me and my friends mom went in while he parked. The host sat me and his mom, it was a minute before a waitress came over to ask about drinks. Though be before that she asked that She said "Hi ladies," To be fair I had my head looking down at the menu. And I have grown my hair long enough to put it in a pony tail. I had it down though, so you couldn't really see my face. Though kind of exciting that I was mistaken for a women.

I was wearing a Nike windbreaker jacket, women's stretch flared jeans(what i always wear), tennis shoes. Oh and had not shaved. Though when I looked up at her she didn't seem to flinch that it was actually a guy, but I assume she was just busy and so it didn't really matter to her, so she just moved on asking if we wanted anything to drink and she would be back to take our order.

That was certainly a big shock as I was in my normal male mode, which even with long hair wouldn't expect to ever be mistaken for a women.

That is so cool. Especially when it's not expected. I have a sales associate that knows me in both guy and girl mode, and when she refers to me as dear, or honey, or lady, it's so special.....I'd go back there again if I was you!
    Kristen

Gold Member
    I've had that happen a few times, while in male mode! I take it as a compliment...I also find it very amusing.

You look like a chick to me.

Lone Wolf
    How nice, you look so fem hun.

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    I had something similar occur when I called in some takeout food. I didn't realize it had occured until I got to the place and told them I had called in an order. The girl at the register told me a woman had called earlier but that was it. I boggled for a minute... then realized I had been praticing my voice just before ordering (blushes). It hadn't actually occured to me how femine I sounded when I called it in (oops). The girls at the register laughed quite a bit at their "mistake"
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Ashley,
    Even if you looked half as good as you do in your avatar, I swear your a girl..

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KatlynAshe View Post
    I had something similar occur when I called in some takeout food. I didn't realize it had occured until I got to the place and told them I had called in an order. The girl at the register told me a woman had called earlier but that was it. I boggled for a minute... then realized I had been praticing my voice just before ordering (blushes). It hadn't actually occured to me how femine I sounded when I called it in (oops). The girls at the register laughed quite a bit at their "mistake"
    You must have sounded really convincing Katlyn. I bet if you had picked your order enFemme, no one would have been the wiser!!

Always nice to hear compliments, thanks.

Wow that's amazing about the phone, lucky you actually being able to sound female. With growing out my hair and such I feel rather confident enfemme, amazing what having your own really does for one. Though the voice really gets me, I'm never really sure how I truly sound. I have actually practiced and certain voice did click, but I don't know if it actually sounds fem. I can go right to it and it feels totally natural, but just sounds sort of weird to me, but maybe it is just because it sounds so different from my male voice. Hum, just thinking about it actually to me sounds like how fem gay guy talks. I'll have to make a video one of these days to see how I sound to myself on camera, but of course it will have to be when no one is home, so might be a little before that happens.That is really the last thing that really keeps me from feeling totally confident in female mode. I mean you could be like Julia Roberts or Angelia Jolie, but with my deep voice would still go oh its a ts. So I'm hoping that I can eventually sound female enough that when I go out to a store or something my whole cover isn't toally blown by it.

I have to say you look really good. I am officially jealous.

Something kind of similar happened to me a couple of years ago. I was out getting the groceries in male mode. I was picking up some jaffa cakes to put in my basket, when this little boy, about 5 years old, pointed at me and said to his Da, 'Is that a lady or a man?'. The Father was absolutely mortified, and gave me an embarrassed look, whereas I was chuffed and had a beaming smile. I felt like saying 'What a nice little boy, here, have a Jaffa cake'. Cheered me up no end.

That happend to me last year at Claire's From behind the SA said I be with you ladies in a minute. She got a shock when I turned and she could see my face. I really liked it.
    Angie

It happens to me all the time. My hair is half way down my back. Sometimes it is sarcasm or a mistake when the see my face. I tell the it is OK. Smiles are genuine and it feels so good. Even if they don't know That I am both.

Hugs

Jill

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyCD View Post
    That was certainly a big shock as I was in my normal male mode, which even with long hair wouldn't expect to ever be mistaken for a women.
    Never underestimate the power of long hair and a hidden face.

I was mistaken for female many times in my early 20's. I had long hair and from behind, apparently no matter what I was wearing (which was always in guy-mode then), I was mistaken for a woman on several occasions.

I laugh at that now, but it angered me then. I was in heavy self-denial about who I was and used to hate being mistaken for a woman. Now I'd LOVE to be mistaken for one!
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife