Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you Xdress?

Deffinately not a habit for me. I have been dressing for many years, tried yo stop a couple of times,but it only made my desires worse. I still get excited every time I dress up even if I just stay home. I would go nuts if Phyliss could not get out on a regular basis. I do it because I love it, doing my make up. clip clopping around in my heels, the way the clothes feel against my skin, the way I feel when I step out.
    Hugs Phyliss

Much to the demise of "SOME" people, I do it as a hobby.
    It allows me to express my fem side.

Because it feels natural and sexy and, even after 40 years it is still a turn on. I would rather present as female than male - anytime.

Because I can.

First of all I have a need to experience the feminine side of my personality, I fully embrace my alter ego and since I have an undestanding wife I am free to do so anytime while at home, ( no I do not venture outside of our home while enfemme.)
    Second, now that you raised the question I will admit that sometimes I dress out of habit, as I feel more comfortable wearing a pair of panties and a bra, and either shorts and a top, of a casual dress. Which I always enjoy doing. When I realize I dressing out of habit I try to give it reast for a day or two, just can't seem to go anylonger.
    So I guess My answer to your question is Yes and No. Hugs from TJ Tresa.

Gabrielle has said it all for me...

I just love the way I feel when dressed. It just seems so right.

Because I can now, inner felling since being young, I hate boring man clothes, love heels, love the way I look en femme, hobby, shared experience with friends - as most Tgirls I've meet are very caring & better friends than most men, can't tell you the last time a man friend called just to see how I am, new adventures, makeup, etc...
    ]Teresa M.

I do not believe that i cross dress i simply wear the clothes that i like because i love wearing them for the look and the feel as i do many things just for the enjoyment.
    It is others who believe that i cross dress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I started dressing when I was about 5 years old. Why? I was born transgendered. I have a woman inside me. I believe it's an xy chromosome thing. Just like I believe sexuality is not a choice, it's how you are programmed in the womb. I am more comfy in panties than mens underwear. So that's what I wear 24/7. Dressing can be and has been made sexual for me at times, but not a necessity. If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I would come out at an early of an age as possible and probably would have started my transition in my late teens. But, I am 44, married (happily), with a family and there are way too many poeple that would be hurt now, so I is what I is. But if I could go back and change my life.....I would.

there is a need in me to cd, when i crossdress it calms my whole person,lets me release who i am,

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    It alows the real me to exsist happily. I don't know how far i want to take this (full time, implants?), but I know I don't want to stop. It would be like killing the best part of who I am. I don't view it as a hobby, like video games or sports. It's one of the things I do. To me, my job is a hobby, not what I do or who I am.
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

For me, it's like joining a theatre group and going on stage as someone else. I get to be a character very different from me.

Quote Originally Posted by KateW View Post
    I can no easier explain why I crossdress or say why I like sandwiches. I just do!
    Yup, same here!!

'cause my closet is full of female clothing just my size...

Quote Originally Posted by Carly D. View Post
    Habit I suppose.. it has the same meaning as it did when I started. actually I think it has changed over the years but for the most part I still really get a charge from wearing heels & hose...
    "It's me not you" and what that means I don't know, but usually that is what is said when the relationship ends.. truth is it is me.. cross dressing is a big part of me, I can't help it.. I'm not Carly, I just chose that name to be here and other sites across the vast cross dresser nation that seems to be growing on the internet daily.. and because of this site and others I feel more relaxed with the idea that it might just be ok to be a cross dresser, that it won't "make me go blind" or some other dastardly thing.. it's not a criminal act to cross dress.. I won't molest your gold fish or any of your other pets because I cross dress...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

The way I am wired

Clearly, it is the way I am wired. I can't explain it. The urge is getting stronger as I get older. Other changes are also occuring: I am much more sensitive and cry at the drop of a hat (never used to). Maybe it is changing hormones?? I admire female traits very much (e.g. great hair on head, no hair other places); I guess I just want to be like them.

Over the years I have come to realize that there seem to be as many reasons for crossdressing as there are crossdressers. Mine? IT"S FUN!!!

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Not Sure

I do know this. I want to dress. I have been doing it since I was a teen and I have said I was going to stop at least a hundred times. Yet, here I am. Still xdressing. It is in the genes.

The best answer I can give is this I am driven form the heart to explore my feminine side and.
    I like to feel good about the way I feel about the way I look

C W. I still don't know why I do what I do, but I do know that i somehow feel better for doing so. Maybe it has to do with my state of mind at the time eg for the last two months or so things have been hard for me and as a result I have found that I have spent most of my time in male mode, survival mode so to speak. But yesterday I was told I have a job again and today the pressure is off to survive and here I am again with my girly gears on.

I don't know maybe one day I will have an answer to the question that we all ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    If you think it's just a habit, try stopping..
    no offence Nicky but I could not even stop smoking and that is a habbit that I want to give up.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm driven to crossdress.... that's it....
    Me too, like i'm in a ferarri!!!!! Zoom, zoom, zoom.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

Banned Read only

understand

Quote Originally Posted by sarahNZ View Post
    C W. I still don't know why I do what I do, but I do know that i somehow feel better for doing so. Maybe it has to do with my state of mind at the time eg for the last two months or so things have been hard for me and as a result I have found that I have spent most of my time in male mode, survival mode so to speak. But yesterday I was told I have a job again and today the pressure is off to survive and here I am again with my girly gears on.

I don't know maybe one day I will have an answer to the question that we all ask.
    Sarah,

I like that saying hope you don't mind me quoteing it " survival mode".

I sometimes wish I had it as easy as some and just accept that crossdressing is a part of my life..

In my case it is hard to accept something I do not understand, now that I am single I am going with it < so to speak >. Something I could never do from being married to a un accepting S.O. at such a young age. All those years past all that time of feeling quilt and shame.. For some of us , it's not that easy to just accept this without understanding .

I will find some understanding ,I hope, that's why I am here, but I really don't think I will find what drives me to do it......

[/QUOTE]

To be me? Why ever not
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Why? Easy one.

Read the bio at the link below and learn.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.