Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peaking?

Peaking?

No, No, No.... not sexually or anything. Like that!!

I've been obsessing over this lately... Hitting the peak.. Crossdressing wise... Its like an athelete... Reaching her peak... Not getting any better but starting down hill..

I'm feeling lately that I'm not getting any better at what I'm doing and that I'm actually getting worse.. My skin is really getting bad.. Wrinkles!! Lots and big time.. And yeah you see lots of older women with wrinkles I just don't want to look that way.. Old..

Maybe it because I haven't dressed since January or because I have an apointment with my dermatologist in an hour but its really upsetting.. Or both.. I just don't know what to think.. The thought of slipping as time goes on.... Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist??

If I've passed my peak... Maybe there's a semi-pro crossdressing league I can participate in?? The senior tour.... Get out the red hats.... Lol.

So what do you think about hitting your peak? What are you going to do about it if anything?
    Last edited by Karren H; 04-28-2009 at 12:07 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It is a great question. I have been thinking a lot recently about where I am I going with all of this. I don't feel any better at what I am doing, and am not getting the same enjoyment or pleasure out of it as I have in the past. I have not dressed since February. It is also very difficult for me to do so, since I am rarely home alone. Not sure of how I can answer this for myself other than continue to do some introspection.
    Enjoying the softer side of life!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I hear you, Karren! I look at the wrinkles in the mirror and the clothes in my closet, and there's a bit of a temporal disparity there. In other words, I have the face of a 46 year old and the wardrobe of a 20 year old!

As for "peaking" I see it more of a comfort level. I mentioned in another thread how my dressing is less about the excitement these days and more about the comfort of going out. If that's peaking, I'm all for it!

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    If I've passed my peak... Maybe there's a semi-pro crossdressing league I can participate in?? The senior tour.... Get out the red hats.... Lol.
    Nice, that made me laugh. No no no, you're still young enough, sounds like you just need a mood booster.

Is it time to consider wearing JEANS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I peaked a long time ago...

Now I'm looking at joining the cougar league.

Quote Originally Posted by joanne f View Post
    Is it time to consider wearing JEANS
    Wait... First let me shut my fingers in the truck door.... Brb!! Lol.

Never!!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Old..
    What are you going to do about it if anything?
    [SIZE="4"]OLD?????[/SIZE]

Jeeze i really hate that idea

It'll soon be time to push the Zimmer/walking frame off a high cliff or a high building methinks!!!!

Maybe we should start a chapter of the 'Red Hats' for cross dressers. All I need now is the red hat. I have the purple dress and red gloves.
    GRIN

PS I have really have written to the Red Hat Society about membership.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 04-28-2009 at 12:46 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

i guess the older we get all the wrinkles wo dont kook good in the mirror any more LOLOLO!!!!

Gold Member
    I'll age, but I'll NEVER get old!!!!!!!!!

As for hitting your peak, when you feel there's nothing more you can accomplish with that aspect of your self, try to discover another aspect. Challenges will always keep those peaks at a distance.

OK, Karen that means wearing jeans!!!!!!!!

Isn't there some suction device that will pull those wrinkles out? I see a lot of CDer who have a lot of wrinkles and they still look good. For myself, I have those creases between my eyes from squinting too much...I wish I could get rid of them...I just try not to squint... I know you can inject something, but it costs money and I hate needles.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

Peaking?

Karen, you always look great so you must be posting twenty year old photo's cause you still look great!! We are the same age, a couple months apart and I am still looking pretty young, at least that's what people say. I have almost no grey hair and it's a full thick head of hair, good genes, I guess. If you are peaking I want some of that!

There's no escaping getting older, but for me crossdressing has been a fountain of youth, and I'm always looking for ways to raise my game, like going to the pool, jogging, etc...we may be prone to as many wrinkles as women, but our bodies actually age better if we work at it, no cellulite! By the way, I resisted jeans for years too, till I found a pair that look great with heels and hug my butt, now I wear them when I'm at the mall, etc. It's important to try new things and experiment with new looks, keeps your attitude fresh!

Aspiring Member
    Unfortunately, you're gonna have to start making more with less. With more years comes less of everything - hair, muscles, figure, abilities of every kind, skin tone, you name it. Just par for the course. What doesn't lessen is your CDness. We're very accepting people; this is just one more thing you're gonna have to get used to, maybe not loving but certainly living with it. Sorry I couldn't add a little levity but this is not a barrel of laughs. You still have a while to go before they retire your number, so hang in there.

I wonder if they will let you go on the ice with a zimmer frame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I scaled my peak years ago (not that anyone noticed), but I can still enjoy the view from the lower slopes.

Lallie

PS: A zimmer frame? Ladies, speak English!
    Last edited by Starling; 04-28-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: To add levity.
    Time for a change.

Banned Read only
    Wrinkles?

Holey Moley...you wanna see wrinkles? Living and working outside in the sun for the last many decades has given me elephant hide wrinkles. (I dearly regret that I didn't get serious about dressing and going out in public when I was still young and smooth of face.)

But because I really only started going out last year (BeALL 2008 was my very first time out ever!), I reckon I haven't reached anywhere near my peak yet. Lotsa practice (and lotsa fun!) in the last year has made me happier and happier with the way I look, wrinkles and all... I'm defining a style that's acceptable in public and getting better and better at it. Good fashion sense and attitude is more than making up for the furrows and crannies. And as the wrinkles deepen (but slower now that I've started to take my skin seriously and treat it well), the challenge gets greater, which only enlivens me and pushes me to work harder.

Cougars Rule, hunnies...!

(Here's a tranny hottie in Yorkshire last year performing at a charity event with her own zimmer frame!)
    Last edited by deja true; 04-28-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Peaking? I hope not. I'm 58 and just got my first dress!

(C'mon Karren! What would McGiver do?)
    Julie

Well, in some ways crossdressing is absolutely a road to nowhere.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Fitzgerald View Post
    Well, in some ways crossdressing is absolutely a road to nowhere.
    Not a road to nowhere, darlin'...

It's a road without end!

Road Trip anyone?

Wher can I get on? Where are we going? When will we get there?

I know that the above questions are meaningless. All that counts is the trip for the sake of the trip.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Oh now I'm really depressed... My dermatologist just said she could remove the couple moles I have but Retin-A wouldn't put a dent (or hill) in my monster wrinkles!! Crap!! I'll going home and grab my stick and practice slap shots.. Take out my agression on the puck!! Game tonight.. At least I haven't peaked playing hockey.. Or have I? Sigh....

.......My Photos

doesn't matter

Maybe postpeak would be a problem if I had ever been passable. Going from unpassable to more unpassable is not a huge problem!

Karren you always look great.

Ive thought about the whole getting old thing a bunch of times. I feel at times in general that I'm getting old and feel that a lot of life has passed me by. I've actually been in a little of that mood lately. It sucks.

When I get past the supposed "peak" of my crossdressing, I plan on stopping anyway. Plan is the key word.