Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peaking?

Karren, you are sounding very very femme with all this agonising about wrinkles. We all get them, make-up helps hide them, what more can I say.
    I'd rather look like a glamorous granny than a wrinkled old man any day, so I carry on fighting the good fight.
    Don't give up, you look great (unless that's all Photoshop in the avatars and you really look like an Egyptian mummy - say it isn't so!)
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar

opps

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    Maybe we should start a chapter of the 'Red Hats' for cross dressers. All I need now is the red hat. I have the purple dress and red gloves.
    GRIN

PS I have really have written to the Red Hat Society about membership.
    I thought this web site was the Red Hat Society of Crossdressers. Opps, my mistake.

It's just a post season slump Hun. You are up 3 games to one so you can slide then get back in there and kick ...

My wrinkles are only seen in the magnifying mirror so I have a choice, no eye makeup (or lose an eye) or see the dang things. So far the mirror wins. I have a new makeup applicator though and the replacement rollers come in packs of threes (next to the sandpaper and spackle). Those SA's in the orange smocks are always so helpful. Even asked if I needed it for a rough or smooth surface. Well duh! I guess they were just being polite. Then one asked how my plumbing was doing, a little personal but hey they care.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Did it already shortly before you did last Fall Karren. What am I doing? Just enjoying being myself as Rich my friend. Of course Arianna is not forgotten just on hiatus. For how long is undetermined at this time. As far as wrinkles, it's because of cross linking of skin protein. Just moisturize the best you can and take a lot of anti-oxidants. Even if they don't seem to help that much, they certainly can't hurt and they do enhance the immune system. Just enjoy being yourself my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

OK look, I am 72 and only recently started going out into the world. Have I missed my peak? Well, yeah, definitely. But so what? I still look better en femme than I do in drab (I think). And makeup is sooo cool about hiding some stuff. Am I about to totter out in 5" heels and a microskirt? I think not. I try to dress appropriately for my age - or thereabouts.

We all age. It is just one of those things and the alternative is even less appealing - death. So enjoy whatcha got while ya got it, and if ya ain't got it, get some (a loose paraphrase of Jerry Lee Lewis, a Great American Philosopher and Boogie Woogie Man - that man makes me smile whenever I hear his stuff).

Wait one cotton pickin minute, you haven't dressed since January??? I don't believe it!!
    Karren, you're as old as you feel. As long as you can still check em into the boards, no problemo
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 04-28-2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added some stuff

There's lots of peaks in life and the best views are usually from the lesser ones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]To be a Rock and not to Roll[/SIZE]

Time marches on

Been there, done that Karran. When I hit the middle age crisis as a man, then as a woman it really felt next to the end of the road. Fortunately I was seeing my shrink at the time who is well aware of my gender duality and he helped me through the whole messy thing. My accepting wife helped a lot as well.

So, here I am almost 62 years old, semi retired, underdressed all the time and haven't been fully dolled up since I can't remember when.

That doesn't mean I'm not still inclined to dress, it just means that I never seem to get around to it. My nails are always done, legs are shaved and my hair is in a long ponytail every day and certanly NOT gray.. Never go without my ear rings either.

I don't like applying foundation with a trowel and eyeshadow is tough because my eyelids are droopy. With a little luck, they'll droop enough to interfere with my vision and then health care will pay to do the lift!!! (One of the good things about Canadian health care)

Hang in there Girl, there is a life past 40 something, it's just not as glam as it used to be...

Kerry

Talking Little bit of Bo

You can ask your doctor for Botox...tell him/her that you have chronic headaches. I read somewhere that it works. You won't have any expression but hey, pencil in the eyebrows and apply the lipstick like a happy face.

Quote Originally Posted by joanne f View Post
    I wonder if they will let you go on the ice with a zimmer frame
    LOL They make them for training youngsters to skate!! I'll need a biger one custome made.. Pink!!

Quote Originally Posted by SANDRA MICHELLE View Post
    Karen, you always look great so you must be posting twenty year old photo's cause you still look great!! We are the same age, a couple months apart and I am still looking pretty young, at least that's what people say. I have almost no grey hair and it's a full thick head of hair, good genes, I guess. If you are peaking I want some of that!
    Nope.... most of my photos are only a couple years old... back when I looked better!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by cindym5_04 View Post
    Karren you always look great.

Ive thought about the whole getting old thing a bunch of times. I feel at times in general that I'm getting old and feel that a lot of life has passed me by. I've actually been in a little of that mood lately. It sucks.

When I get past the supposed "peak" of my crossdressing, I plan on stopping anyway. Plan is the key word.
    I keep thinking I'm only going to do this for another 4 or 5 years then retire.... but that keeps getting pushed back...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    Karren, you are sounding very very femme with all this agonising about wrinkles. We all get them, make-up helps hide them, what more can I say.

I'd rather look like a glamorous granny than a wrinkled old man any day, so I carry on fighting the good fight.
    Don't give up, you look great (unless that's all Photoshop in the avatars and you really look like an Egyptian mummy - say it isn't so!)

I really wish I knew how to photoshop... Then I could use less makeup!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

We all are getting older- even the cocky 20-somethings will have to deal with it ( karma's a bitch ). If creams & etc. don't do what you want, there is surgery if you're deeply bothered by the wrinkles. Joan Rivers is in her 70's & has a mask-smooth face.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Won't taping help a bit with the wrinkles?
    I'm wearing a skirt?

Lol.. I wish we were immune to aging wouldn't that be wonderful.

Sounds like you just need an excuse to go shopping. Can I go with you.

Hugs

Jill

Aspiring Member
    I just enjoy looking like a woman. Thirty years ago I looked like a thirty year old woman. Now when I get dolled up I look like a sixty year old woman. My hair is starting to go gray. I'm not going to color it. When I have my feminine hairdo the streaks of gray look pretty good.
    As for wrinkles, I put on night cream every night. I use sun screen when I'm outside a lot. But if the wrinkles come they come. Then I'll be happy to look like a wrinkled old lady. And I bet it will be easier to pass looking like that.
    About jeans. I wear ladies jeans all the time. I like the high waist. I like how they fit me. I'm all about blending in. I can grocery shop wearing a skirt or dress on Sunday afternoons but the rest of the time it's jeans unless I want to stand out. i guess you could say that I dress lean of peak. Some of you will understand what that means. Leanne

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Welcome Karren.
    Get on with showing us the you that you can be and forget photoshopping -it is not so much fun as mallshopping.
    ~Samm
    PS Now you know why I use blue print.
    ~S~
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 04-28-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

The highest of heels! Helen H. Heels's Avatar

Peaked...my ass!!

My heels have come down from 5" to 4" and some all day shoes to 3" but just as Karren won't consider jeans, I won't consider flat shoes.
    Never, never fip flops as well. Hate them on GGs.
    I will not go silently teetering into the night!!
    All my love,
    Helen

Peaking? I've been rolling down the back slope a$$ over teacups for almost 25 years.

I like to think of myself as a tranny Mrs. Robinson - definitely from the previous generation, but still able to do some damage.

Karren -- You really started something this time. I haven't peaked yet. Every time I dress is still an adventure. The couple of times a year that I go out dressed is incomparable! Besides, I get better looking as I get older. LOL. Actually, I believe in what Sam-antha said about wrinkles, you can't see them if you don't look at them.
    God took care of that for most of us. As we get older and get more wrinkles, our eyesight declines, too.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Girl I think you just need some time to play with make-up to remind yourself just how good you look!
    Tina
    we all get old, but we don't have to get down.

The Tyranny Of Flesh And Time

I had a friend who went for the co2 laser skin resurfacing. For herself, not for anyone else. People told her she "looked fine" For her "age". But she hated what she saw in the mirror. Her neck, jowls, thin lips, eyes, and deep "laugh lines". She had a full facelift, and co2 laser. She looked like a burn victim for about 2 days, and within 9 days, looked 15 years younger. She says that she's more confident, and would do it again. I have to admit that she does look younger. I was thinking that she was just wasting money, but it was money well spent. I can't post her pics here, but there are websites for the co2 laser skin resurfacing. She also went in for some Juvederm, and botox. She said that Fraxel was a waste of money. Anyway, she looks good.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to fight gravity. Our culture is very youth oriented. Is it really vain or selfish to want to look good ? I am no raving beauty. My body just turned 62. I can pass for 52 easily, but I will get a little work done when the time comes.(but no Botox) I don't want to look unhappy. Muscles and skin just need a "perk me up". Name 5 people who look forward to having a droopy look. Wattles, vanishing jawline, marionette lines, ?

If it doesn't bother people to have those features, that's fine. But what if our privates migrated to our ankles, and hung there ? Flapping in the breeze ? Wouldn't we want to do something about that ?

Only we can decide what we want. "Growing old gracefully." What does that mean ? When was any stage of life 100% graceful ?

I don't worry about the wrinkles just yet. Seems the extra weight I carry fills out the face pretty good.

I wouldn't recommend you go that route, however.

I worry about getting a turkey neck, now that I'm taking some of that weight off.
    DonnaT

Aw, Karren, it really ain't about the looks for a lot of us! It's about the feelings! And anyway I ain't gonna peak until I'm in my coffin (remember my wife has promised to bury me as Stephanie!!) and undertakers usually do a pretty good job putting on make-up!!

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Banned Read only
    Karren I understand where you are comeing from but just as wine ages it all depends on the process..

Continue to take care of yourself , you may think your peaking it could be you haven't yet reached the top.

Well, I really think that it's a state of mind. I'm getting wrinkles and I don't want to look old or older, but that's life. However, I have rationalized my aging looks to counter-act my sense of reaching a peak (although I really have a LONG way to go to reach my desired "ultimate").
    I guess all that I can really contribute is my empathy: I feel your pain.
    warmly, Linnea

Attitude, nothin' but attitude!

Time for a serious attitude adjustment here. It's all in how we look at things. I've got you by a couple good years hun, and I'm just over 1/2 way there! (when I will be O.K. to give up mind you ). We all have to choose the path we want to take. I don't think these two gal gave up just yet, do you? (for the young-uns here - they would be Sophia Loren, Sept 30, 1934 and Raquel Welch, September 5, 1940). So lets tip a flute of champagne and drink to a bright future dear.