Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Peaking?

Quote Originally Posted by diannecourtney View Post
    For someone who looks so good, the rest of us must have a long road to hoe.
    But I was surprised with all the postings on the subject, no one has admitted to trying the anti-oxidents and the other eye and wrinkle removing creams. I for one am about to, so if there are any suggestions, do not hesitate with advice.
    I'll take a photo of my drawer... Ever lotion know to woman... Aint-damn near everything.. For the last couple years and still no wrinkle reversal and not even slowing them down... Then when my derm tells me that the only FDA approced product that does fight wrikles won't work for mine but only for fine wrinkles.. Over a longggggg period of time... My hopes for any kind of plataue got to be real peakeyish!! Lol. She recommend plastic surgeory as the best alternative which I'm not going to do for a number of reasons....

Ohhhh and your too sweet to say I look good.... I really don't feel that way right now....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren,

A good cross check will make you feel better and bring you out of your slump.

Sounds like you want someone to want to peek, to me..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Sounds like you want someone to want to peek, to me..
    Yeah!! As long as its someone else!!

And we won our game last night, 5-4 Alice but when I looked in the mirror after the game, the wrinkles were still there! Sigh.......
    Last edited by Karren H; 05-08-2009 at 03:17 PM.

.......My Photos

This has to be one of the best threads I've ever seen here.
    Karren mentions that her dressing has gotten to be less important time-wise. Mine has been the same.
    I have looked at pics of myself just 5 years ago, and there is a significant difference when I look in the mirror when done with makeup.
    Most times I go through the usual process of doing my face in anticipation of going out but, only to see the image looking back at me. I just wipe everything off and go mow the lawn.
    Alot of this is due to what has been happening to all of us thru these tough times. Yes, they have been festering over the past few years.
    I see some of my customers from year-to-year and lately it seems everyone is really looking stressed and (older) somehow. It figures when you think about it. Even some of my CD/TG friends have been under stress due to job issues and even coming to the point of lonliness (being TG/CD).
    When times are good, we are all enjoying.
    As far as the facial things....I have discovered crows feet/bags etc. but I have dealved into a product called Dermitage...there are several others outthere too.
    I've been using them faithfully to take care of my facial skin. The face is the most concern with us. It seems to be working for me right now. For the past year, I have let my natural hair grow out to where it's rolling off my shoulders. I also dyed it and have just last night went out without a wig.
    I think that I looked pretty good but I'm going to give it another shot tonight..this time taking some new pics so you guys can give feedback.
    Time is something we have no control over ladies!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Dealing with Peaks and Wrinkles

My favorite outdoor activity is backpacking. I don't bag peaks, I go around them. Avoid the peaks, stay with the contour lines and the walk is easier and much longer. If you start bagging peaks, you end up having a chance to fall and that sucks. Actually I've never thought of my crossdressing as an activity where I would peak and then fall back. I just have new challenges and set new targets in a continual feedback loop.
    Wrinkles can be a problem when I get caught up in the "You can only be pretty if you are 20 years old" syndrom. When they start to bother me I deal with it in one of two ways. 1- I take off my glasses and back away from the mirror until my skin is as smooth as a baby's, or 2- I pour a strong drink, look in the mirror and if I see wrinkles that bother me I repeat the dose. Eventually I'm fine with whatever I see there.

I think all us older girls are always a little worried about the march of time. hint to you younger girls, wear as much sun screen as you can stand, it really does help!!

I've been lucky as I've worked indoors most of my career. That doesn't mean I don't start seeing the wrinkles getting a little bigger each year. Electrolysis seems to help my skin look a little smoother. I can also see using the Fraxel laser system at some point in the future, never thought I would consider that. As far as plastic surgury, I don't know that I would think about that (or be able to afford it). It would be nice to like my profile as well as my straight on look.
    plastic surg 2.jpg plastic surg 1.jpg
    Sally

I woke up this morning and went into the bathroom and took of my shirt and OMG!! I've aged overnight.... Two mosnter wrinkles between my breasts!! Now I'm really depressed!! lol
    Last edited by Karren H; 05-10-2009 at 10:54 AM.

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I woke up this mornig and went into the bathroom and took of my shirt and OMG!! I've aged overnight....

Stand by... I'll summon the priest!

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Stand by... I'll summon the priest!
    Don't bother.. I'm agnostic!! Lol. Unless the priest moonlights as a plastic surgeon!!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    So what do you think about hitting your peak? What are you going to do about it if anything?
    Well, I was peeking and it embarrassed me; so I quit...