Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you dress for a appearance or do you just dress? (Closet CDers)

Full effort every time

I make the effort in full every time as I feel that what one does must be done properly for full satisfaction. I try to look my best to myself as I would want to appear to others when venturing out. It may be only for a short time, as that is what`s available, but whetever it is 100%effort. En femme I am entirely clad in female garb and I also indulge in make up and my crowning glory. This way I can learn to correct minor faults and I do not become slovenly and maybe later omit a vital part that means passing or not. At 74 I still make the effort and enjoy my time as a lady: how i look makes how I feel much more satisfying.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dwyfronwen; 06-16-2009 at 11:04 AM.

I am a at home crossdresser. And I take my time when dressing. I don't dress for appearance, I dress as I feel the need to. Sometimes I will wear a dress, and other times I will wear a blouse and skirt. But when I do dress I dress from the skin out. From matching underwear, OBG or waist cincher, nylons and heels. So you could say that I dress to suit me.

I dress from the skin out to include make-up and wig. The only thing that I will start doing is when going out or wearing jean/slacks is tucking.
    I normally wear a skirt and what with my frontal over hang (big belly) in a skirt the tucking is a waste. Over the next few months I hope to change that through diet and exercise.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Like a few others here, I have very limited opportunities to dress and a very limited wardrobe to choose from. The physical location and characteristics of my home even restrict the parts of the house I can safely go in to while dressed. Add to this the fact that it is the clothes I like rather than the whole business of make-up, hair, etc and also that I seldom have more than two hours to myself and it becomes clear that, at most, I dress fully (underwear, hosiery, shoes, dress or skirt and top) but if time is pressing it might be just a few items. So long as I can get the sensations of being in the female clothes I am content.

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by dwyfronwen View Post
    I make the effort in full every time as I feel that what one does must be done properly for full satisfaction. I try to look my best to myself as I would want to appear to others when venturing out. It may be only for a short time, as that is what`s available, but whetever it is 100%effort. En femme I am entirely clad in female garb and I also indulge in make up and my crowning glory. This way I can learn to correct minor faults and I do not become slovenly and maybe later omit a vital part that means passing or not. At 74 I still make the effort and enjoy my time as a lady: how i look makes how I feel much more satisfying.

wow at 74 I think you are amazing as I said to my partner you look so good that it shows you put a 100% effort, the first thing I said when I saw your pic that you would pass anywhere... just simply amazing... and good for you.... way to go

lesly mary s good for you too & all the best....

with my S/O I am accepting ,and he can dress when & as he feels.... in fact he was just now.....i was cracking up over a couple of things.....but then when i read that some of you are in the closet yer can smack me if yer like but he stands inside the closet dressed , hahahaha yeh im bad....but yes theres a mirror there on the inside of the door..... do you gurls do the same thing..... thats out but kinda still in the closet laffing....;o)

its a shame that not all are so fortunate, but i wish you all the best in your endeavours to be free to be yourselves.....
    Last edited by shesadvl; 05-05-2009 at 07:03 AM.

I definitely put in the effort Cary.

Love to do the girly thing to the max of my ability.

If something is worth doing it is worth doing right! (at least as right as I can)

Jan

I dress for myself. I love the feeling of womens clothing and under attire. It makes me feel more comfortable. I also love to look at myself in the mirror while dressed, what a rush. I have dabbled in makeup and don't own a wig so for me its about the clothes.

Perfectly Strange... Christine Andrews's Avatar
    I'm deeply closeted and usually I'll dress 50/50 when it is safe, however I enjoy going all out (sadly minus wig/make-up) when I occaisionally get the house ot myself for more than a couple of hours.

Whilst look is somewhat important to me, feel is what is vital and I love the feeling of going all-out (as far as I can) even though no-one will ever see it because for that time I feel whole and whilst I may not look it, I feel normal too.

I do like my outfits to be appropriate of a woman my age (early 20's) which is a happy balance between skirts and jeans generally with an appropriate top.

Besides, just because I'm in the closet doesn't mean I shouldn't try - that implies I dress for someone else - I dress for me and how I dress expresses my feelings at a given time.
    “A truth that's told with bad intent
    Beats all the lies you can invent.”
    ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

I didn't know the closet was so big. I love all the responses. Please keep them coming.
    Cary

I only closet dress. I'm married and live in a small town. Wife does not know. A female friend talked me into trying it one night 5 years ago, been hooked ever since. It makes me feel sexy and excited. I'm to ugly any way to pass like most of you girls that are beautiful!

Follow-up question...

[SIZE="3"]How many (like me) don't really like what they see when they look in the mirror in terms of appearance? I'd like to try the wig routine but can't imagine looking like anything other than a guy in a wig. Given my height & build, I just don't look ladylike fron the get-go. So I don't try for "the look" because I feel it is beyond me.

Lacy PJs[/SIZE]

i think u have to dress like u feel. most of us feel sexy and try to dress as such. we need to get past the lingerie stag and dress more as a feminine creature!

Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    [SIZE="3"]How many (like me) don't really like what they see when they look in the mirror in terms of appearance? I'd like to try the wig routine but can't imagine looking like anything other than a guy in a wig. Given my height & build, I just don't look ladylike fron the get-go. So I don't try for "the look" because I feel it is beyond me.

Lacy PJs[/SIZE]
    Lacy, Don't shortchange yourself. GGs come in all shapes and sizes. I've seen some that look like a guy in a dress, but weren't. If you are happy and confident in who you are and with a little effort thrown in, you will be suprised what shows up in the mirror. I learned that this weekend during my first outting dressed(no wig or makeup). I still don't like what I see in the mirror, but I'm working to change the image looking back at me.
    Cary

I find that I am beginning to get a sense of style and starting to think about the type of clothes I would wear if I were to someday go out. Before it was mainly about looking very sexy, I only wore things that turned me on, usually something I would not feel comfortable wearing around other people. Now I put a little more thought into it. I try to buy clothes that will expand my wardrobe and allow me to dress the way I'm feeling at any given time. Either way I get great pleasure from dressing and maybe someday I will have the confidence and the look to go out in public and pass as a sexy & fit, athletic woman.
    Eve

Do something special for yourself today. You deserve it!

I just want to look good......its much more than just dressing for dressing sake.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    In my mind either i put some effort into it or else i would rather not even bother. Its as simple as that.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I dress to go out, then I go out.
    Lately I haven't had much opportunity to go out.....so it's been all boy all the time.

Geesh!
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I don't go out of the house dressed, but I do have a couple of friends over from time to tiem that are cool with my cross dressing and when they come over I try my best to make my face up and wear something real nice. much the same way a real girl would do if having company. When I'm just dressing for me aorund the house I seldom use make up and often wear waht I have seen other women wear while kicking around the house.

You`d be surprised at the end with effort

As I said earlier, every time I try 100% and I can look into the mirror and amaze myself sometimes. I am no skinny anorexic type at all. I farmed, played rugby as a prop for 26 seasons and did my time in uniform. Iam 210lbs and with shaping can become 49/39/50, size 22/24/26 depending on fit and cut. At 74 I also cope with anno domini. However I feel that I look OK and can go out and pass. If something is enjoyable it is worth doing well.
    If at first you don`t succeed try, try, try again. Pretty as a picture? Love Bron
    Attached Images Attached Images

Depends.

Sometimes I crossdress to get aroused, then anything will do.

Sometimes I crossdress for comfort. Some of the stuff I have just feels nice.

Sometimes I want to look in a mirror and see how passable I can look.