Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress for a appearance or do you just dress? (Closet CDers)

Do you dress for a appearance or do you just dress? (Closet CDers)

I know that good appearance is the main objective for those brave ladies who go out dressed, but what about those of us who have never gone out? The only light to hit our dresses is from a lightbulb. Eventhough the only time I went out dressed was at night during a blackout, most days I still try to dress as if I was about to walk out the front door. It makes me feel whole seeing myself in an outfit that I might actually see a GG wearing. My question to my fellow closet CDers. Do you just dress any ol type of way or do you put some effert into it? I'm not talking about those of us who only wear one thing such as bras, panties, pantyhose, leotards,etc.
    Cary

Cary, looking at your pic, if that is a good example of how you look when dressed, I wouldnt have to many worries about presenting as a girl

Before I started venturing out I had different moods. Sometimes I would just chuck on a skirt and tights/stockings. Other times it would be the whole hog. Lately I usually only go the whole hog, although the other day I just put on a skirt to relax in, but that was after a few months of no dressing at all.

I remember when I used to just wear things that would be easily removed/covered if anyone happened to walk in on me.

I strive to look my feminine best even if I'm staying at home; that's one of the main things that I enjoy.
    If I'm staying at home to work in the garden, I wear garden-appropriate clothes. It's the same with house-work.
    warmly, Linnea

I dress the full way every time

I don't do half measures with my C/Ding....It's all or nothing

Banned Read only
    I am in a complete new enviorment living alone... I have found that after 20 plus years of supressing the urges I now have all the freedom to dress as I please ..

I would like to see how I would answer this in about 6 months from now due to the new phase I have found myself in.. I don't think I have grown more of a desire to being a woman but I have openly express the urges in my own time to act some out ( getting them out of the way I hope )...

I would have never dressed in this manner living in my past relationship so yes recently I have found myself going into the full effect ..

I always put effort into dressing and it is always to look good, even if it is only for myself. That is, for me, a part of the joy of dressing and putting on my make up, etc. The only problem is that it is then hard to stay away from the mirrors.

I dress with what looks good in mind I’ve just really started so money is somewhat a factor and I am working up to going out and passing eventually.
    I’m falling down the rabbit hole and loving the trip down.

Well in some ways I dress more and some ways less. I dont dress much at all at home like I use to. I use to just throw on a skirt, blouse, etc. That is no longer as satisfying to me. Now when I dress at friends I dress all the way, wig, makeup etc. I generally try to dress in what makes me feel sexxy. When I go out then I strive for a appropriate appearance for my age, depending on where im going.

From NSW Central Coast, Australia but mostly live in Bangkok, Thailand
    I always dress as if I am going out even if I don't. I don't feel complete unless I go through the complete process of washing, shaving, selecting the right outfit, dressing, make-up, shoes and perhaps a dash of perfume. And I do like to look at myself in the mirror.

If I'm just hanging around home I'll wear just a cami and mini skirt because it's comfortable and I enjoy it.

When I dress, it's to look my very best. The only thing is that when I dress during weekdays, I go without eye makeup and fingernails. It's just too much of a hassle to put on and take off when dressing for only a short while. When I have a greater amount of time on my hands, I go the whole nine yards whether I'm going out or staying in. For me, much of the allure is getting to look this way, and so looking the best I can is very appealing to me.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Gold Member
    I am happy to get dressed most of the time, so I have levels.

First is just putting on an outfit that fits my mood (and maybe my planned activities).

Second, time allowing, is to do something with my hair. I am still in the play around and see what I can do with it stage, so sometimes it just ends up being straightened to get rid of a mess I created.

Last is the make-up. This is fairly rare as I not only need a good gap in time in my hectic life, but I also want to be reasonably sure my daughter won't be coming home. Not that I plan to get caught, but I try to avoid being in the bedroom for a 1/2 hour every time she gets home.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I change into my femme clothes after taking off my suit and tie and I always go all the way so that if someone comes to the door I can answer it if I need too. Also at my age, heaven forbid I might need to be rushed to the doctor; I would not want to show up as a man dressed as a female.

Last night I changed into a new blouse which had a deep V front and I could see just a little bit of my bra. After a few minutes of trying to adjust my top so that bra was not showing, I got up and put a cami on under the blouse. Felt much better and enjoyed cooking my dinner and watching TV for a couple of hours. Decided to get ready for bed and changed into my nightie and slippers for the last TV show be for slipping into bed.

I dress to be most convincing even when I just stay in the house. I have only ventured out once for a limited stroll. At home, I just keep trying to do better with my makeup and my shape. I definitely want the whole outfit to go well together.

I try my best to look as good I can.

I never had a full wardrobe, until 3 yrs ago. I only dress up fully, now, wig, makeup, heels, hose, and all. I do not like seeing myself partially dressed--a guy in a dress. Its all or none, as I dress to be a classy lady. During cold winter nights, sometimes i wear tights, or PH to bed.

I've never ventured outside of my house but when I can I go all out from head to toe with my dressing. Sometimes I take pictures but I always try my best when dressing up.

I'm the oddity here I'm guessing.. I dress sort of.. which is to say when the mood and the feeling mesh I dress to the hilt (total cross dress).. but that happens every now and then.. mostly I dress in pantyhose or tights and a skirt and heels of some sort.. sometimes just heels (like right now) but I try to wear something fem related everyday.. oh, I forgot, I'm wearing a bra right now too..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Gold Member
    I usually put some effort into it if I'm going to dress all day. If I'm going to do it, I want to look as good as I can. For me, that's part of the fun...and I've never taken it out of the house, tho I did get brave today and stepped out the front door to grab a package while enfemme! For me, that was daring!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    I dress the full way every time

I don't do half measures with my C/Ding....It's all or nothing
    Deborah jane sums it up for me too!!! Either I dress up fully, or I don"t dress up at all.

When I started I was definitly in the just dress camp. However nowadays I try and put together more of a look. Whether I succeed or not is another question.

I dress completely. It is not always formal. I have garden clothes, cleaning clothes my maid outfit is so comfy, ETC.....

I don't always put all the make up. Sometimes just libs and eyes.

Always Shoes.

Hugs

Jill

I always dress in ways that would be appropriate if I went out in public. I see no sense for ME to dress unless I can go with the full treatment each time.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I usually put on an entire outfit complete with heels. It might be a bit much just for surfing the net but I feel really good while dressed up.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

im in the closet, so i only dress up for myself but i do take photos of myself and post them on here sometimes