Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Step Forward

Another Step Forward

My wife called me today and asked if I could pick up a couple of things for her while I was out. In the past, it's usually been bread and milk. If she were really trusting, maybe some toothpaste. Imagine my surprise when she said, "I need some pressed powder and some blush... think you can handle that?" "Sure, honey... I'm all over it." It would seem my wife is getting even more at ease with me as a transgendered person. I can't wait for her to send me out to get her an evening gown. Do any of you pick up traditionally female things for your wives/SO's? (By the way, I got the colors right ).
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

When I was married it was the feminine things.

For my daughters (I raised myself last 8 yrs.) I showed them the make up and clothing styles. It goes even deeper than that but I got help from some girl friends.

I loved the trust they put in me to show them the ropes. How to apply the look how not to be gody. To look like a lady ETC....... I started off with the basic as there skin was still so young and didn't need much more than eye enhancements, and some lip gloss. After that they took off with it and all I had to do was pay for it and watch and enjoy as they grew up. Love my 2 girls. and now 2 granddaughters. Grandpa is proud of them.

Hugs

Luv Grandpa Jill

Aspiring Member
    My wife doesn't like the fact that I crossdress. But twice in the last 10 days she has borrowed pantyhose from me. I just hand it to her and she says thanks. Leanne

Gold Member
    My daughter would ask me to pick her up make-up. Before I got more relaxed, it became a good way to browse the make-up area. I had a specific list in my hands and walked around looking at whatever I wanted and it was more relaxing because "I had a list for my daughter". A little silly, but it helped settle me down.

I think the most girly thing I've picked up for my wife on a shopping trip was venus razors.

I have always been a willing shopper for my wife. I even clothes shop for her, I just don't like the fem hygiene aisle, oh well.....

Michelle

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I buy makeup and clothes for my wife all of the time - much more than I buy for myself. Luckily, in dresses we're both size 8, so things I buy for me tend to fit her great and vice versa. Skirts, not so much.

Since my wife leaves the house early, it has always been up to me to do my daughter's hair. Since she in 9 now, I know that makeup is coming. Se always asks "Daddy, how do you know so much about girl stuff?" I just tell her it's from watching her mommy. We'll see how long I can keep that up.

Kathi

Good for you Holly. I was never afraid to or ashamed to pick up what ever my wife needed. Quick story: A day after we brought my youngest daughter home from the hospital (birth) my wife needed pads. She wanted me to pick up them from the store across town. Instead of taking the car I jumped on the motorcycle and went shopping. Because of the size of the box I decided to not bag it and strapped it to the back of the bike and made the ride home. Daylight. She was upset and laughed for a few days. She reminded me of it many times over the years.

Makeup is no problem, next it will be bras and panties. Huggs to you both and have fun shopping.

Keli

HI HOLLY
    i have got things for .......on more than one occasion but she usualy wrights down what she wants i have been known to make a mistake a few times hope things are going well i have been way too busy for the past few months keep in touch and give t..... a big hug for me and d.....

susie

The first time my wife asked me to pick up some powder, the SA and I got to joking/talking and I told her that it wasn't the right color for me, but I was buying it for my wife instead.
    DonnaT

Aspiring Member
    I read somewhere on this forum, I wear the panties and the bras so my wife does not have too. My so is a gorgeous long curly haired blonde that would not touch a dress to save her life, let alone make-up. So no I do not get the opportunity to buy cool girl stuff for her.

Holly, never in a month od Sundays would i let Debs buy a dress, skirt or heels for me, without me being there, The skirt/dress would barely cover my A$$ (shudders at the thought of my A$$ being barely covered ..... some things are best left unseen ) & I would get vertigo wearing the heels
    Last edited by Sheila; 04-29-2009 at 02:40 AM. Reason: add
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I seam to get lumbered with all the shopping and queuing up to pay for things , the last item being a red handbag
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Not since she found out...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My wife has not asked me to however I would gladly. I am planning on going shopping with her and throwing some makeup items in the basket just for fun. I know she will be ok with it because she has bought makeup for me before. I really want to go to a MAC counter and tell them that its for me. I havent worked up the courage for that.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

Holly,

That is terrific about your wife.

I had a similar situation last week when my wife was complaining about not having the perfect foundation for a few freckles and she asked to borrow some of my extra make-up. I truly believe the more open and honest we are with our spouses then their comfort level grows.

My first wife was a cosmetologist. We owned a full service hair and nail salon. I have been to several workshops and contining education classes. I have never had an issue getting anything for my first or second wife or for myself. I guess I have always been OK with myself about my crossdressing but still have not confided in anyone else besides my wives.

Stephanie Michelle

Thank-you for all your kind words. My wife has been supportive pretty much from the beginning. I've never had issues buying makeup or shoes or clothing or anything else for myself and my wife is often (though not always) with me when I do. The point I was trying to make is that SHE is becoming more trusting of my judgment of things femme and is inviting me into the world more and more that she has experienced since birth.

Shelia, I particularly want to thank you for your post to this thread. Although I'm sure your comments were tongue-in-cheek (mostly ), they do illustrate the point I was trying to make... a lot of GG's are a bit uneasy in letting their partners purchase personal use items for them. Let's face it... a lot of guys wouldn't know the difference between pressed powder and mascara. Daily wear makeup is about as personal as you can get. It is what a woman uses to present herself to the world. It is her very visible statement as to how she feels about herself. That my wife felt safe enough letting me help her make that statement just made me feel so good.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Hi Holly!
    Jean doesn't like to go anywhere, much less to a store! It doesn't matter what it is, I have purchased it for her. (and me)
    She did want to go to Stein Mart the other night. It seems like role reversal when we go shopping together. I am the one who has to keep the other reined in! I did get a dress out of it. She would not take no for an answer.

Very Part Time Girl Melissa Anne's Avatar
    My wife has asked me to pick up hygene products (pads) on several occasions. I'm fine with it and happy to help.
    Melissa Anne, PPTG
    (Professional Part Time Girl)

Step Foward

I have bought my wife bras on several times and have kept the family supply of nail polish refreshed on a contiuning basis.It does help that the Bali play tex outlet is close to my work.I like the deals and you can mix and match. She likes Playtex and I'm a Bali girl.I also have the sally's beauty supply card in my name.Nancy

reply / pick-up 4 wife-other fm's

I use2 pickup anything my lady needed,she often woundered, how that didn't 'bother'-me,,like her personals,-I use't tell her,IT"S just a part of it all-""& I dont care what no-1 says--"but then if one is going 2 have a relashionship-is it not logical 2 know what there is 2 , abought their gend,Like ur own self!-wen I married-she became part of me/i did her..''-----sadly, I told & showed her That I was a "CD"-[she was not surpized]--"'well now u can be that of ur self'she replyed.._I lost her 1yr later.................But I raised our duaghter-& buy most of all things 4 Her-make-up-2-pads,what ever it be,,ALLthough,she takes off with mine 90% of the time...{But--I wouldnt what it any other way.}..-I gld 2 hear she's letting u,,in time-she will,Thats how I feel,--4ever HAPPYNESS 2 U & URS""!---HUG/HUG.
    FRDS/always;
    JULIA ROSE
    :rose2

My wife regularly has me buy her things. It helps we're relatively close in size (except she's a petite and I a tall) so I end up getting a lot of extra fitting room time. Whether it's bras and panties, tops, pants, or shoes she sends me to buy it for her.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    .......That my wife felt safe enough letting me help her make that statement just made me feel so good.
    That is so wonderful Holly! Did you let her know how good her trust made you feel?
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Hi, Holly! Got any of those fabulous cookies?

I have bought everything feminine (including feminine hygiene products!) for my wife, with her there most of the time, EXCEPT for any type of makeup! She was the expert in that, and not only bought for herself but also what she used on me. During our 49+ years together, she made me up every time either I or both of us went out in public and sometimes just because she wanted to see Stephanie. Lord, do I miss her skill now!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!