Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im really confussed now..

Banned Read only

Im really confussed now..

I was reading this web page I am sure most of you have been to and read. I will paste the url here--> http://crossdresserswives.com/16401.html

I know I have asked this question before and the reason I ask is, I seem to be the only one here without a femme name.

Now if you have read the page that I pasted above , this site boost a EDUCATION section. In this section it covers various spectrums of Crossdressing but no where in this section does it say anything about chooseing a femme name.

The closest I can come to any idenity of crossdressing that this page covers are, "gender identity disorder" "transgender" "transexual" and "tranvestite". On why one would choose a femme name.

Now I know it could be that I just choose not to have a femme name and has nothing to do with what identity that fits me . But I really do refuse to tag myself with a female name as odd as that sounds.

This is not picking a bone or comparing any spectrums I am just curious why one would choose to go by a female name .. I really am at a loss why I don't want one.

Thanks everyone

Gold Member
    For me it's just a way to escape my male persona for a while and truly explore my fem side. When enFemme, I notice that when I use my name here on this forum, it just provides an identity that I can play with and experience. My mannerisms become feminine as well along with my responses to posts. Also, when I went to check out a local transitions service and bought a wig, Rori (the owner) asked for my fem name as she entered the usual mail list info onto her computer. It actually made me feel great....and I was in drab!! So that's why I like to use a fem identity.
    Last edited by Miranda09; 04-29-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Relax, CW. You are not alone. I don't have an en-femme name either.
    And I aint confused.
    I am simply me.

Banned Read only
    Thanks Clayfish,

My mind just gets to spinning sometimes, I do feel out of place every now and then as well..Then I get to thinking, I go as far as wondering how someone who is married accepts the femme name and how long it took them to get comfortable calling them by their name..

I don't know maybe I need more sleep..

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You choose to call yourself "Curse Within!" That sounds very much like you are not happy with the fact that you are, or wish to be, a Crossdresser. I don't mean to belittle or redicule you, I am just giving you my opinion!

On the other hand, I have called myself Stephanie for so long it seems very natural to me. But I only use that name when I am dressed completely as Stephanie. If I am in "drab," even though I am probably wearing panties, I always go by my male name. In feminine clothing I introduce myself as Stephanie because that is who I feel I am. But in drab I introduce myself by my male name, again because that is who I am at that moment! Does that make any sense?

I have no desire to actually become a woman, but when wearing feminine clothing, it just seems natural to have a feminine name. Especially because my male name is the epitome of maleness!! Some male names can be turned into female names quite easily, but not mine! There is no way on earth you could make it feminine! So therefore, at times I am Stephanie! BTW, my dear late wife loved to call me Stephanie, except around the children. She was totally supportive!

Last edited by sissystephanie; 04-29-2009 at 11:11 PM.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    Thanks,

Miranda and Steph

For the post and Steph ,, trust me I don't feel be littled you are very much intitled to your opinion and yes I do not embrace this lifestyle as much as I should have.. My nick alone could be offensive to many and wasn't intensionally done for that

When I first joined this site I didn't have a fem name and didn't feel any attachment to what I picked. It felt odd to be called a girl and answer by her name. Not sure I would use Sally in the real world, but is me here anyways.

I chose my fem name quite a few years ago. As with some others, it is part of my identity. When I go out, I really like people to call me Linnea or Linn or my middle name Carol. I even have a last name.
    warmly, Linnea

CW, Good thread. Because i am six foot six, and would almost never pass, I first called my dressed person, Amazon Alice, then, later, ala Lucille Ball, I chose my current name. I have recently condidered, changing, to Curse Without! Not really!! But, am condidering no female names, too. Like Steph, said, I also don't want any fem name, unless completely dolled up. I got dressed up, in a new thrift dress, and skirt, took six rolls of film, up most of the night, and feel dead today! As i get older, i dress less often--just don't often have the energy. Don't feel at all bad about not having a girl name. Girls are not any better, than guys. They just look better. I think your CW name, is clever, and cool!

Stevie is my name either way. Just ask my Mom. That's what she still calls me. There isn't a girl me and a boy me. There's just one little old sissy me. So I only need one name.

Aspiring Member
    What Sissy Stephanie said, and

Don't sweat it CW, not worth fretting over now. Sometime in the future when and IF you are more accepting of your femme persona you'll decide with out any pressure from anybody that it's time to choose a name for yourself. IMO, the choosing is something that one should feel good about, as well as being practical, so until that happens, don't trouble yourself over it. BCNU, CW.

dd

edit: Been Deedee 13 years & running. When she's enjoying her reflection in the mirror pleased as punch, thinking of herself as Dave would be a spoiler... so she sends him off to do some errands..... and if he comes back early he knows he will be in big trouble if he butts in on her, she's trained him very well. <laugh> Couldn't resist... .
    Last edited by Deedee Dupree; 05-04-2009 at 02:14 AM. Reason: add 13 years

I never did understand why i had to have a femme name. But i did pick a name i liked just so if i went out i wouldn't have to use my real name looking like a girl. So really Cw you don't need one.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

I think that a name femme or otherwise is upto the individual. We all have names (tags). To me you are cursewithin, so what. Okay it might be different if I were to meet you in the street fully fully enfemme (hi there Curse how are you). I only chose a femme name when I decided to go the whole way and come out fully. People want to call you something and they may be embarrassed to use my name if it was say 'pinkfog brain'. They expect the name to match the apperance some what.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

I know that we can go on a bit about names and labels for things but in the end i geuss that we have to have them to help and identify things .
    I was not old enough to name myself at birth so i cannot really say that i ever liked my other name but now i have a choice to name myself with a name that i feel happier with , it is a way of conforming to myself that i am feminine , ok not on the out side but certainly on the in side and if i am lucky enough for some one else to call me that name it sort of enfisise`s the fact that i have a female side to me .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by curse within View Post
    I seem to be the only one here without a femme name.
    *Ahem*

Smile

personally I would feel kind of silly calling myself my drab name while dressed as a french maid!!!!

I did it because I love it, if I was a GG it is the name I'd want. It helps me feel more femme & into the part. To each their own. It is all part of the fun to me...
    ]Teresa M.

I am Jill & Douglas.

If that makes me MPD than I am. Both names identify who i am. Besides in a dress Douglas just doesn't fit.LOL It is amazing how well your names come to fit you.

I love both names. I guess I could combine both and come up with Jilllas, Dougill ETC..... LOL.....

Hugs

Jill

Banned Read only

GG's are very much welcomed to post

Thanks everyone for helping , I really don't see a need for a femme name FOR myself to answer a post ,but that's me . I do see why those who do choose a femme name now < do seem silly to be dressed out in public and go by Frank> and thanks again for expressing your thoughts on that.

Gold Member
    Don't feel you need to have a name. The name isn't important.

When I am at work (Oh the humanity!) people call me "Pastor So-and-so" or "Rev. So-and-so" or "that no good so-and-so." When I am hoisting beer with my friends, I am "Chauncey" (not my real name). At home I get called late for dinner.

We all wear different hats.

Now, if you really want to get confused, read this article about Chinese people, in China, using English names:

http://www.slate.com/id/2217001/
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

I always liked the name Jennifer, so I go by it.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Because its the name I've always had in my head...... The one that I would have been named...... Every since I can remember..... my mother always told me I was supposed to have been born a girl.... I didn't choose it... It choose me..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I actually just recently blogged about this. I chose the name Jessica because it represent feminine beauty to me.

I think I initially chose it because researching the internet at the time (1999), every CD seemed to have a female name, so I did the same.

After doing some heavy thinking for a few months, I decided to keep the name Jessica because I feel that it is representative of my feminine side.

For Communication

I use a "femme name" because it is an identifier. It separates my crossdressing from other activities. It works as a code so that I can communicate with my friends about my crossdressing while we are in public and I'm dressed as a male. (hey Sharon, do you think Stacye would look good in that green dress?) without outing myself to strangers or potentialy causing any sort of negative feedback. It also serves as a convienient catch-all term for talking to people who know me as both a regular male and as a crossdresser. (Will you or Stacye be coming to the Mayday circle?)

In short, I use a female name to describe my crossdressing as a shorthand to myself and my friends who know I crossdress because I think it facilitates easier communication. Isn't that the purpose of a name?
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]