Thread: Why would someone just out themselves on the web?

Gold Member

Why would someone just out themselves on the web?

As you look thru the photo alboms, you sometimes see some who actually do pass 100%.
    Sure some TG do not pass but are still beautiful. OK fine have fun with it.

I always wondered though, if someone could pass totally, and living as female, why would they go around the web posting photos and the fact that they are TG at all?

Seems fishy.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

one answer is they are proud to be where they are and they know that only the people they would come out to would be in those sites. If they are TS and are transforming to be a woman, many use it to brag AND to help sisters who follow know what to expect and what to avoid.

Unfortunately another answer is they use the internet to shall we say raise funds.

That's what is nice here, no one (I hope) is looking for a play (and pay) date.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    I always wondered though, if someone could pass totally, and living as female, why would they go around the web posting photos and the fact that they are TG at all?
    I understand your point, but perhaps they do not see it as outing themselves but rather spending time with people who get them and understand them... and enjoying some compliments and a good boost to the ego as well. Even if I were 100% passable, I'd probably still post photos hoping for some nice compliments.

The "fishy" thing is probably more like fishing for compliments. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

I think if anyone finds photos here though, they had a healthy dose of curiosity about crossdressers/transgendered people in the first place. If they find out that the woman they knew was really just a t-girl, I can't imagine it being a big deal - not if they're curious enough to be browsing here (assuming there was never any deception on the cd's part).
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Seems fishy.
    Hi Nicole,

I've had several friends who started at occasional CD/TG types and who eventually went full time and had srs.

Some of them maintain their ties to old friends and occasionally visit T-haunts and web sites, and some have cut the cord.

One of them, my former best friend for 5 years, severed all ties when she determined that she was a True and Authentic woman, and didn't want to bring down her act by hanging out with a mere tranny like me!

I personally do ok in the real world, but I'm not perfect. I go out at least twice a week in the straight world, and have served on a jury, taken dance lessons, doctor's appointments, partied in straight clubs and more or less do whatever I want to do en femme. Haven't gone to a Dodger game, though. That one's on my list .

My motivation in joining here, even though I have a pretty decent social life as Diane is to share what I can with those who are less experienced, meet some new friends, and of course, pick up any beauty tips I can .

Also, there are some insightful and wickedly funny ladies here, and it's fun to read their takes on the conundrums that come up on this board.

-- Diane

Perhaps they're proud of who they are - maybe also they want to show others what can be achieved?

Doesn't the reverse indicate that you're ashamed of something?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    The liberation factor maybe?

I can understand the feeling. To live most of your life surpessed. To be finally liberated, you can't but help to celebrate.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Aspiring Member
    There are many motivations.... for me, coming from the old school, posting photos on the internet for now is nuts... and I have been tempted on numerous occasions to do so.

If there were not photos of me that have existed in the public domain for a while( in drab, I didn't post them) I probably would have posted a few here to establish credibility. But if you have read any of my posts, it should be evident I have been around the block many times.

For now, I try to help by writing and occasionally get a word in that might do some good. That is my reward.

When I am set in my retirement I will post a few photos. Why?... I will enjoy the attention, I look great for my age, and I am a showoff. So there.

dd

could you trade one lie for another ? i know what i am no secrets no lies what you see is what you get. that way i might live another day

Why shouldn't they?
    I'm wearing a skirt?

Obviously, many MtF transgendered people want no part of crossdressers - they are women, and that's that. To have anything to do with us would just suggest/remind them that they were biological guys. Perfectly understandable, given the circumstances.

I do remember a couple of years ago seeing photos of a gorgeous TG who seemed to be the belle of the ball in the tranny world. Leader of a CD/TG social group, pics all over the web, always in fabulous dresses and glamour mag makeup, etc. If she leaves it behind - and I don't see her pics any more - she becomes just another good looking woman - dime a dozen. She seemed to be a star, with a gazillion "friends" on web sites. I can see where that would be hard to give up.

I can think of lots of reasons... Beside the obvious proud one which I think is right on the mark...

Its fun!!

Its exciting!

They enjoy the attention!!

They are exhibitionst! Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Some just may pass 100% of the time and live 24/7 as a woman,but that doesn't mean that they don't still have some issues,fears and insecurities.
    Being in the mainstream is pretty nice,but a lot can be said for being able to come and discuss things with people that you have more in common with.
    I really enjoy being able to let my hair down and relax while reading and commenting on things serious to just plain silly. I don't see anything wrong with someone who has worked hard to achieve a desired look, and feels like they have succeeded to post pictues of themselves. They should be proud.
    I believe that anybody be they CD or TS,passable or not who posts pictures should be proud..not of just about how they look, but more the courage that and self confidence that they show and the knowledge that just maybe that confidence and courage may serve to inspire someone who may not be as brave.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Can't think of many reasons why not.

I feel like for me I wanted to join a forum (community) to feel like I'm not the only one.. I used to come here and read the entries from all these people and I would "lurk" but didn't join for fear of being outed (?) by someone I know coming here... then I realized that if someone I know comes here and figures out who I am then they can go right ahead and out me, and I'll out them.. why were they here in the first place, hmmm? and myspace for Carly switches between being private (for friends only) to open (for everyone) and right now it is open.. and the risk there as well is that if someone sees it and figures it out then I'm outed.. right now I don't want to be outed but I also feel that if that were to happen then I'd live with it.. time to man (woman) up.. and so I don't want someone to see my site or my identity here or wherever on the web and start trying to mess with me.. but the people who do that usually are really too stupid to figure it out on their own.. they have to have someone show them, then they can be the buttinskies they were born to be..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Maybe they've no desire to cut all ties with their history? So as an example, even once I've got my GRC I'll still be my kids' father, and proud to be so. It wouldn't be possible to deny that in my view.

Sarah...

Why should I be embarrased about my transsexuality?... I'm quite proud of what I've achieved over the years... and by example I hope one day I'll make someone else proud to be a transsexual too.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I think ater transitioning, some TS may no longer feel the need for the support and companionship that this forum offers. They may just want a vanilla lifestyle and be free of their past issues. Others may feel the need to stay in touch and just visit less frequently.
    I, for one, am glad that sites like this one exist and I am fairly certain I will still come here after I transition.
    living the dream

Thumbs up

yes i think it would be how proud they are, even without the guy part they may feel the same deep down and need to express there devotion..
    steph

I think everyone wants to feel attractive and admired, and if you look really good, and are o.k. with being out, why not?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I guess it is similar to what Carly said. The only people who would look on transgender sites are ones who are part of the community or an admirer. That is why I am not afraid to admit my first name, Jason and that I am a busdriver for RTA in Dayton, Ohio. My coworkers don't know (a few suspect), If one of my coworkers would to say, Hey Jason, I saw your profile on Crossdressers.com. I would shake their hand and be glad that I may have another 'sister'. There isn't any reason otherwise to look here.

That may be why transgendered women and men do the same. The only ones who will find out are most likely an ally.
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

I think I read all the post in this thread forgive me if I missed one but I didn't see any post from the ones you were asking about.
    I am sure there are those is our forum that could explain why they stay connected to the community, but I remember reading somewhere that once they can go deep stealth and function as the females they are in society many leave the community and live the lives of the women they are.
    "Every day, I learn something new about what it means to be a woman."

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Its fun!!

Its exciting!

They enjoy the attention!!

They are exhibitionst! Lol
    Karren - what's this 'they' business?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I wouldn't want to influence someone to try to wear womens clothing, knowing what I know.. though I love wearing the clothing and can accept myself, I know what I've been through.. it isn't easy being a cross gender type of person no matter how involved I am.. I feel like I can't tell anyone, and have to live in the shadows.. some of my most creative picture ideas have come trying something with my Carly pictures... I have to try to do something like that with regular pictures but the incentive isn't the same..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Seems fishy.
    Could you explain?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Lots of reasons I think....

for some it's to show what their female side looks like...others are to see how other people view their appearences....others it's a form of liberation and validation of their female side....

I could go on but these are a few reasons I can think of off the top of my head...
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"