Thread: Big step!

Big step!

Hi girls, I wanted to share my big step with all my sisters - Today I drummed up the courage to go down the the DMV ( Department of Motor Vehicles) and apply for my CA ID as Ciara. I normally go out as Ciara during the day and it's really no big deal at this point for me, but today was different.

As I was getting ready I was telling myself that this is a natural progression for Ciara. I put together a very pretty springtime look that was perfect for a daytime outing.

When I arrived at my destenation I was overtaken by ALL the people in a downtown LA DMV at once. As I stood in line I felt really comfortable and didn't notice to many looks - (which was such a big plus)!

After about an hour or so of waiting and two trips to the ladies room to check my makeup they finally called my number and it was showtime. The young lady asked me "How can I help you Honey" and at that point I knew Ciara would be fine.

After it was all done and said I felt so pleased that I went through with it. In responce to Karen's post about peaking, I feel that Ciara/me is just getting started and I turning the page on this life journey.

If your still with me I'm sorry this post got away from me and became so long.
    Hopefully my experience will help some of you girls go out and get your Femme ID.
    [SIZE="3"]Ciara[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Good for you Ciara. A big step in your journey is right on!

Wow never thought about getting a State ID...

I wonder if the state of Texas allows that. I will have to ck into that one.

Oh Congratulations

Hugs

Jill

ummmm....

you're such a beautiful gal, I'm Surprised you didn't get stares just because of your pretty face! Congrats on being so comfortible with yourself and taking this step! Good inspiration!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Ciara,

We award u the CD Medal of Honor. For bravery, far beyond the call of duty!
    At least, if were up to ME we would!

Or, u can have a new drivers ID. Your choice!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Good for you, Ciara!

Been tossing this idea around in my head, but it will probably be some time before acting upon it if I decide to.

I'm glad your experience was a positive one. Stories like this offer me a little inspiration.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

You go girl.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dressing Jill View Post
    Wow never thought about getting a State ID...

I wonder if the state of Texas allows that. I will have to ck into that one.
    Someone here not to long ago talked about getting a Texas state ID. I think the deal was that you can have both a drivers license, and a state ID with different pictures, but the names and gender information and everything else would need to be the same on both cards... but my memory is faulty... check it out before you go.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

I can now die,my life is complete, I have read about a pleasant trip to the DMV.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Someone here not to long ago talked about getting a Texas state ID. I think the deal was that you can have both a drivers license, and a state ID with different pictures, but the names and gender information and everything else would need to be the same on both cards... but my memory is faulty... check it out before you go.
    Paging TxKimberly!

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue_CD View Post
    Paging TxKimberly!
    [SIZE=4]So cute.. yes it was kim who had that experience.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Good luck Jill on getting yours.. in time..maybe i would venture that far but for now, its the odd looks..lol.. [/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    I can now die,my life is complete, I have read about a pleasant trip to the DMV.
    Now that was funny

WTG on the courages adventure ..

Hi Ciara,

As a fellow LA person, I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Tell me, what kind of documentation (if any) did you need to bring, or was a CA driver's license enough?

BTW, I now go to the Santa Monica DMV, much less crowded. I've gone to the downtown one -- what a zoo!

I'm out all over town day and night, too. Give me a PM if you want to meet up sometime.

Regards,

Diane

Congrats Ciara, I am contemplating doing the same.