Thread: Going out and not judged

Going out and not judged

Recently I went out en fem. The best place to go is a gay bar. So I got all dolled up and went to this gay bar. I called ahead and asked if I would be the only guy dressed, the person replied, "We just had a drag show and there were a few of the gurls talking and in drag." So I went in, I was the only one dressed up mini skirt, pumps and a nice top, perfect make up and my wig was very neat. I went to the bar and asked for a drink, the bartender called me sweethart. I talked with the drag queens and they commented me on my cute outfit. A few guys tried to hit on me. (they new I was a guy. After being by myself for a few, I decided to sit at the bar. A few gay guys were talking to me, and one asked my name. I replied with my real name, he said no...what is your name today? I replied Stacy and he said that was better, he introduced me to people in the bar and I soon had 5 guys talking to me. They were very nice to me and made me feel at ease. I ended up going back to the hotel feeling good about my self.
    This was not the first time going out. If any one wants to venture out, go to a gay bar, you will feel at home, there were all kinds of people there and no one looked at me weird.
    [SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn[/SIZE]

Stacy .sounds like you had a fun night.. well done..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i bet you had a wonderful time out

Silver Member
    Stacy, it sounds like you had a a wonderful time being out and about. I hope you have many more good outings such as this one. I know how you feel, it is a lot of fun!

Way to go I'm glad you had a good time.
    I’m falling down the rabbit hole and loving the trip down.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Sounds like a wonderful evening ! Congrads to you!!

One thing, in general in gay bars, CD's are tolerated. It is unlikely you'll find many where men will "hit on you" etc.... they are friendly, but distant normally. Gay bars are the easiest of the "safe" places to go out.

Pretty nice to have an experience like this.
    warmly, Linnea

wow haha thats great....glad you had a good time:>

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm still working up some courage. But look forward to the day...
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Sounds like a nice time.
    On one of my recent outings, I went to a gay bar during a drag show and the MC actually called me out told me I looked very lovely. She then asked if I was a real female!! WOW! I was almost (almost) at a loss for words!!

I would like to do this someday, it's just the feeling of looking odd one out.

Stacy - I had a remarkably similar experience. I had been out a lot but wanted to go IN. So I went to a gay (mostly lesbian) bar that had drag queen (and king) shows. I went one afternoon just to check if it was Ok to come back en femme (yes). So I got all dolled up and went that night. Turned out to be a slow night and I was the only CD there (dressed, anyway). But I was greeted warmly and had nice conversations, and even shared some of my pics I had on my media player. It was a fun evening, and when I got back to my room, I felt great! One difference, though. I didn't use my real name. Stacy!!

Glad you had fun and that you were comfortable. I've been thinking I'd try this too, so thanks! If someone tries to pick me up or hits on me, I'd be pleased and tempted! Way to go!

Gay bars are great and alternate clubs are great too.

Not into BDSM much myself but those that are are very accepting of our life style.

Gay guys are just lovely as a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy Lynn View Post
    Recently I went out en fem. The best place to go is a gay bar. So I got all dolled up and went to this gay bar. I called ahead and asked if I would be the only guy dressed, the person replied, "We just had a drag show and there were a few of the gurls talking and in drag." So I went in, I was the only one dressed up mini skirt, pumps and a nice top, perfect make up and my wig was very neat. I went to the bar and asked for a drink, the bartender called me sweethart. I talked with the drag queens and they commented me on my cute outfit. A few guys tried to hit on me. (they new I was a guy. After being by myself for a few, I decided to sit at the bar. A few gay guys were talking to me, and one asked my name. I replied with my real name, he said no...what is your name today? I replied Stacy and he said that was better, he introduced me to people in the bar and I soon had 5 guys talking to me. They were very nice to me and made me feel at ease. I ended up going back to the hotel feeling good about my self.
    This was not the first time going out. If any one wants to venture out, go to a gay bar, you will feel at home, there were all kinds of people there and no one looked at me weird.
    Am planning to do the same move most of my friends are gay but got no clue am a CD and we got a gay bar in a town close by they always ask me to come out to some of the events but always say am busy but this time am armed to go,am getting the best out fit should l tell them or surprise them

While gay bars are typically VERY accepting, you really have to know which one you go to. Perhaps the issue is not as big with a limited number of gay bars but in cities with LOTS of them that tend to be "scene specific", not ALL of them will be as accepting as the others. Congratulations nonetheless on a fun night
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="2"]Kelly Kelly Bo Belly Banarama Moe Mel Lee Fee Fie Foe Fell E KELLY![/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]~:>[/SIZE]
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...le-avatar1.jpg
    [SIZE="3"]FABJSFADHH [SIZE="1"](Female At Birth Just Suffering From A Distended Hoo Haa)[/SIZE] Kelly[/SIZE]

I checked a gay bar out before hand (in drab), telling them I was a CDer, got a lot of positive feedback. The GG bar bender offered to keep a protective eye on me, I wonder if that means they have had trouble there. I never went back again.

hugs,
    Alice