Thread: Could anything else go wrong??

Could anything else go wrong??

Haven't posted in awhile, but had to share this adventure. When I go out it's with a GG friend. She usually drives which makes things easier for me and removes some of the worry. We've had some really good times and gone many places and done many different things. Never really had any problems until Saturday.

We decided to go "dressy" and I wore a new black and white print skirt, a black short-sleeved sweater, a red blazer and red heels. We had some plans on places we wanted to go and off we went.

Driving along through a very rural area (think Deliverance!) we started hearing this wow wow wow sound. I said to her, "You're van is making some weird noises." And then THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. Yep, it happened.

1. FLAT TIRE

She pulled off the road and pulled out her AT&T cell phone....nothing. I pulled out my Verizon cell phone....nothing.

2. NO CELL SERVICE

As we were debating what to do next, a man came out of a nearby house and came over. He asked if we had a spare and my friend said, yep, a donut.

He climbs in the back of the van to retrieve the donut. Oh yeah....

3. THE SPARE WAS FLAT

He rolled the donut over to his garage and blew it up. Things are looking up. He brings out a floor jack. But...

4. THE JACK WON'T FIT UNDER THE VAN

Now I've watched NASCAR pit crews lift a car to get the jack under, but two damsels in distress (and in their nicest clothes) aren't about to lift the van. He gets a block of wood, has my friend drive up on it, and gets the jack under the van. Things are looking up again....until

5. THE LUGNUTS WON'T COME OFF

He sprays them with rust penetrant, brings out a breaker bar. They won't budge. My friend goes up to the house to use the phone and call her cousin who runs a garage. He says he's coming. While she's up at the house, I'm standing by the van alone and a car comes along, goes by, then turns around and comes back and stops!

6. NEED HELP MA'AM?

So I muster up the most feminine voice I can manage and say, "No thanks, these people are helping us."

Then my friend's cousin calls back.

7. HE'S NOT COMING

Back to square one. Just when we're getting desperate, some other neighbors come over to lend a hand. They look at the situation and go and get torches to heat the lugs. After quite some time of using heat on them, they got them to break loose. They put the donut on, threw the flat into the van.

I'm ready to go. I've been standing on the side of a state highway for two hours, in heels, and my feet are starting to complain.

8. THEY DECIDE TO VISIT

They're leaning on the van and one is showing the other pictures of their trailer in Florida. We offer them money and they refuse it. We finally get on our way.

So, it was quite an adventure. We were lucky that we were in a spot where these helpful people were. We could just as easily run into some rednecks.

We drove back to my house, switched to my van and went off to salvage would we could of our day. We had a very nice time and I survived being stranded in the boonies.

Joyce
    Visit my website at:
    http://www.geocities.com/joyce1702/

[SIZE="3"]"Make Music Not War"[/SIZE]

Hi Joyce,

Maybe you were the person someone had in mind when they created the expression "when it rains, it pours"! LOL

Sounds like you passed well. Congratulations on weathering the storm.

Huggs,

Missy Anne

While some members here seem to enjoy driving en femme it has never been that much of a thrill for me. I worry about all the things that may go wrong and as I have an active imagination there are many things to worry about. I have never had a problem, the only incident was my first tiime driving while dressed when I was stopped at a DUI checkpoint and it was a pleasent encounter once the officer decided I was not drunk. I always check the car before I go out being sure that all the lights are working and that the tires are good. Sometimes I bring drab pants, shirt and shoes in case I need to change a tire or do some other work.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Well Joyce, can you say Murphy's law? It seems as if everything that could go wrong, did. But at the same time, I guess you were pretty lucky to have met such helpful people. It looks like Murphy was looking out for you as well as causing trouble. Hope you have better luck in the future.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Joyce,
    It sounds like your outing was more than most would like to deal with but you survived and passed well. Thankfully there are a few good people out there that can and will help. It will go down in your diary of memorable moments.

Keli

You know what? You had a GREAT day! A LOT of people went WAY out of their way to help you. The lengths they went to - bringing a torch for goodness sake! You are one very fortunate person. A couple of events along those lines (though not so extreme) are why I'm so confident these days. After you have made it through something like that, whats left to worry about? lol
    Oh, by the way, NEVER say "what else can go wrong?" 'cause that's like daring the gremlins to hit you again.

Very Part Time Girl Melissa Anne's Avatar
    I was beginning to think the next thing you were going to say was that all of a sudden you heard the dueling banjos start playing.

Glad you made it through your little adventure and had a good day.
    Melissa Anne, PPTG
    (Professional Part Time Girl)

I'm glad things ended up working out so well for you in the end. Tell my why I started thinking that we were going down a different road when "they brought out torches" came into the story?

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Anne View Post
    I was beginning to think the next thing you were going to say was that all of a sudden you heard the dueling banjos start playing.

Glad you made it through your little adventure and had a good day.
    That's what I was thinking as well. No one said you had a purty mouth, did they?

Kathi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

The Boy Scout's Motto-----

My only attempt at going out dressed happened last week, and I was NOT PREPARED!

Shortly after leaving my house my, " Check engine", lite came on. I've go no;

cell phone, money, wallet, credit card, AAA card, change of clothes, or even a drivers license!

U were actually quite lucky, Joyce! So was I!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It all ended well and thats all that matters !!
    How stressfull hon
    Quite an adventure INDEED
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    You know what? You had a GREAT day! A LOT of people went WAY out of their way to help you. The lengths they went to - bringing a torch for goodness sake! You are one very fortunate person. A couple of events along those lines (though not so extreme) are why I'm so confident these days. After you have made it through something like that, whats left to worry about? lol
    Oh, by the way, NEVER say "what else can go wrong?" 'cause that's like daring the gremlins to hit you again.
    I'm with Kim on this one. Yeah, it's frustrating to get a flat and be in the predicament you were in. On the plus side, nothing else bad really happened. It went well. Very well.

That is a great story and you met some very nice people that showed the true spirit of a helping and caring attitude. It should also boost the fact that you more than passed in a difficult situation.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Seems as how Murphy's Law is still in action!

"If anything can go wrong it will"
    Corollary No 1

"Any corrective/preventive action will fail"

But how is your confidence now ? Great I wuld think.

~Samm

'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Wow Joyce. What a story. Miserable event but great experience I would think. How flattering (pun intended - hun:-)) to receive such persistent and gracious help.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Okay People, Lesson learned. Lets ckeck the inventroy of emergency equipment. My Titanic needs a life boat. My trusty ride is due for new tires.
    Bless the nice people who still like to be helpful.

Aspiring Member Missy Anne's GG's Avatar
    Wow! What a story! But -- you lived through it to face another day! It should be much easier for you from now on, when you go out again!

Keep smiling!

Hugs,

Anne

Thanks for the comments everyone. It was gratifying to see how people pitched in to help.

I posted a few pics from the day in the gallery:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=106731

Joyce
    Visit my website at:
    http://www.geocities.com/joyce1702/

[SIZE="3"]"Make Music Not War"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Sometimes I bring drab pants, shirt and shoes in case I need to change a tire or do some other work.
    I learned that the hard way. I was driving to pick my son up from work once last summer, and since I was in a hurry and didn't plan to get out of the car, I went out in my flimsy spandex bedroom slippers. I got to the main highway and there was a woman stranded in the middle of the road, her emergency lights flashing and nobody stopping to help. Well, I didn't earn my Good Samaritan merit badge for nothing... I pulled over to help, which in this case meant pushing her car off the road.

The sticky, melted-tar road that must have been 200 degrees on that summer day.

I wasn't about to put my nice slippers on that surface - not only because the tar would ruin them but I didn't want to deal with a lot of pointless questions about my taste in footwear - so I took them off and went over to help barefoot.

In case you ever wondered, it can take six weeks for melted-tar induced blisters to heal from your feet.

There was also the time I started to pull over and see if I could help a car that was off to the side of the highway in the middle of nowhere, only to realize that the driver and passenger were both standing behind the car in the classic "guy peeing into a ditch" stance. My son turned six shades of red when they turned and stared at us... but that's another story.

ralph

And I also make sure I have my AAA card, drivers license, ATM card and money in my purse. Yes, I was a boy scout.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I have a birth defect: a Y chromosome.

Silver Member
    Joyce, glad to hear it all turned out for the better, it could have been much worse. A similar thing happened to me yesterday. Fortunately the tire was very low on air and not completely flat. I was able to drive to the nearest convienience store to pump it up and then drove home. I am going to start bringing along a set of emergency guy clothes when I go out just in case I run into problems.

Wow, that's quite an adventure. It's great to hear that all of those people were so helpful. It's stories like these that make me renew my roadside assistance membership.

Wow!! What a great adventure, and what nice people! And you passed!!