Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fraternity Guys- just wondering

Fraternity Guys- just wondering

I'm curious. It seems that many gurls I meet were in fraternities in college, as was I.

Now I've read the research (as most of you have) that says that CD/TS gurls often have "macho" other lives to cover up or try to deny their urge to dress, etc.

So I'm wondering- how many of you were in a fraternity in college? No need to name the house (or the school) unless you wish.

I'm wearing a skirt?

I never went to college. Joined the service the day after highschool graduation. dunno if id like being in a frat, but maybe the members here should start our on sorority!

Yep, although not for the whole time I was in school but for two years I was a frat boy.....Desperately wanted to rush a sorority.....

Aspiring Member
    I was not in a frat house, but I have done the macho thing to cover up my femme side. What a waste of good time when I could have really been myself. Men can be so stupid. At least me anyway. Thank goodness I have a dress on.

[SIZE="3"]I went to college but was never a frat member.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

No I didn't join a frat in college, since I never attended full time. However I do belong to a fraterninty that is all male and related to college. I wont name it out of respect for the fraternity. But to answer your question is yes I do belong a to afraternity and yes it does hide my feminine side whilie I am being not neccessarily mocho but all male.

I joined a fraternity in college, but it wasn't to cover up my crossdressing. It's a smaller fraternity and I ended making great friends that I still keep to this day.

In fact, I just blogged about telling my best friend the other day, and he happens to be one of my fraternity brothers as well . Go figure.

Friends welcome
    I once belonged to the best frat in the country,Tapa-Kega-Beer

Aspiring Member
    I was never in a fraternity, but was in the military - have read that alot of CD/TV/TG were or do go in the military and have always thought that this was to prove our "macho" side as you say. Don't feel as if I need to prove that anymore though.

I went straight from high school into the USMC ... oooh rah! Macho! After that fun experience, I went to college but didn't have time for a fraternity.

Paula, Semper Fi. I went from high school to the Navy and then to college for two years. No frat but have worked at a University for 26 years. Don't figure. LOL

Keli

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I wasn't in a fraternity, but since we have a bunch of techies here and I went to a techie school, I'm guessing there are a bunch. I did want to rush a sorority though...of course I'm sure most non-TG guys would have wanted to as well for the "view".
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

I was in college almost 30 years ago, midwestern school. I joined Kappa Sigma during sophmore year. If my memory is correct, and back then most of my brain cells were drunk or high.

Still have good friends from back then. I don't think joining had a "compensation" motive, but who knows what is going on in my subconscious head...

Debbie

I was a frat member in college, but was not a cross dresser then. Still keep in contact with several brothers, but do not revel Alice.

I went to school, and am going back in the spring (missed out on the fall). Don't think I could be in a frat. I did the whole macho-cover-up crap in the Navy (year of college, than the Navy). I'm not about to be hazed by some kid who's never been out of school, that I know without a shadow of a doubt, I will outdrink. No more cover-up. A CD sorority would be fun, though.
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

Thanks for dredging up all those memories of the frat boys kidnapping me and dressing me like a girl and forcing me to raid the sorority....oh wait that didn't happen. Wouldn't join a frat if they asked (I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.Groucho Marx.) The majority of the frats in my school were Animal House misogynistic hyper-testosterone 4 year hide outs for rich boys. Am I bitter? Yeah
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I wasn't in a frat, but i was a jock in high school and college (baseball).

I am part time cd now...but have started to transition

any other jock type guys out there? would love to chat

I also was in a Fraternity the last two years of undergrad, but most of the guys (though there were some very definite exceptions) were of a more serious mind, and didn't engage in many of the stereotypical "Frat Boy" behaviours.

I went to college but never attended a Fraternity; I was in ROTC instead - is that macho enough?
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I went to college in the 1990's and found the whole frat thing to be rather pathetic and sad. My understanding is that greek life in previous generations was somewhat different - but what it was when I was in college certainly never appealed to me. I never felt the need to buy myself a group of friends to hang out, drink beer, and engage in homoerotic bonding with. Having a roommate who was rushing was hard enough to deal with. One morning after Og (my roommate) had a particularly eventful evening I found our toilet seat had been stained blue in the shape of Og's butt cheeks. I never did find out why Og's butt had been painted blue - but then, I figure I didn't really want to know either.

Now - if I could have rushed a sorority... that would have been a completely different matter.
    Last edited by Hope; 05-07-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: ditzy typing
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Gaaah, what awful memories. The frat boys at my southern US college were all underage-drinking neanderthals with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Every single group was right out of Animal House with the binge drinking, trash all over the place, and no regard for anyone or anything except their bizarre, usually loud, always misogynistic desires. But all this crap was tolerated because it's a "tradition", much like lynching or goat sacrifices at midnight. I never understood why anyone would need to buy into an abusive club to get friends when you could just as easily, and without nearly as much painful hazing, go to a gathering of people who share your interests and introduce yourself.

So, um, no, I was never in a fraternity

ralph

Crazy Lady
    I was never able to hide my lack of male presence. Plus I couldn't stand the smell of beer. I was very much an outcast type of person. I had my R/C airplanes and photography. I joined the Publicatios Photo staff and ended up getting inducted into the Society of Collegiate Journalists.

Deanna

I was in a fraternity in college.
    After I hooked up with girls I'd ask to keep their panties/thongs/whatever. Most obliged (classy broads) and so I'd keep them on display in my room. My little secret was that i used to put them on when I knew my roommate was in class.

My everyday life is "Off-the-chart-macho." Sports, fitness, elements of danger-- you name it, Jay has probably done it, LoL. Definitely was a fratboy in college, but never as a cover, as that was BEFORE I discovered this fun hobby.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Every single group was right out of Animal House with the binge drinking, trash all over the place, and no regard for anyone or anything except their bizarre, usually loud, always misogynistic desires.
    Not every fraternity is like that though. I _almost_ pledged one which I found out senior year, didn't do any of the initiation crap. If I'd known that freshmen year, I probably would have joined. There was also a service fraternity that didn't have the standard fraternity issues.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending