Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living alone, but little privacy(Nice/ Nosy Neighbors)

Living alone, but little privacy(Nice/ Nosy Neighbors)

I know there are bigger things in the world to fuss about, but I'm just mad. I'm the youngest tenet(35) in a small apartment building(4 units). I've lived there for 6yrs. now. Some days it's good and some days it's not so good. As a closet CDer, my privacy is important to me. My problem is nosy neighbors. Yesterday I was going to the laundrymat and one of my neighbors grabbed my bag to help without being asked. As they did this, my femm clothes come tummbling out. Nothing was said as I quickly stuff them back in, but this was the straw. They alway watching my comings and goings. I'm the only one in the building who works. The one and only time I was out en femm, I had to dress in my car after I left. They are always checking on me by nocking on my door at the wrong time(me fully dressed en femm). They insist on helping me with my bags, etc...I think they are secretly checking to see what I'm buying. I have to be carefull about how and what I throw away, because they have gone in the garbage. I don't want to move into another apartment to face the same problems with new people and can't affort a house rightnow. Any suggestions on how to deal with these people?
    Cary

I know how you feel. I'm in the same situation. I used to own my own my house and 22 acres, but with the economy the way it is, I ended up getting oreclosed on. So now I live in an apartment, with neighbors. God I never had to deal with neighbors before. I could go out dressed, work out in the yard in a bikini, play my music as loud as I wanted to and basically do whatever I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it.
    Now I have to stay quiet, take my make up and my more feminine clothes with me when I go out. The neighbors or my land lady comes by without calling first. The neighbors sit out on the steps when it's warm out, I can't even sun bath out on my deck, in case the neighbors decide to look up and see me.
    Anyways I feel your pain, I don't know what to tell you, as I can't even help myself in these matters.

Cary (I can only be me), just be yourself.

Is it just the women of the complex that are trying be 'helpful/nosy'?

How friendly is everyone?

What do you think would happen if they all knew you dressed?

Otherwise, just don't answer the door when enfemme, don't let them pawn your laundry, drop a rag soaked with ammonia into your garbage when tossing it out.
    DonnaT

You have to get the I don't care attitude. When you get that it won't matter what they think. If they find out and won't talk to you well that might be even better. You may want to check on laws pertaining to your rights as a tenant in your state. Encase a tenant is so upset with a cd in the building they try to get you evicted. But for the most part I would think it could be a win win for you. Just think you would be able to come and go as you please and dressed as you please.
    I am kinda in the same situation with the people next door to me. I like them but I need to be me. And I don't care any more what people think. I know he has seen a chick leaving my apt. the other month. I hope he thought she was hot. LOL.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Aspiring Member
    Put a do not disturb sighn on the front door.

Being overly helpful and nosy with your groceries and laundry is one thing. Picking through your garbage is another thing entirely. Your neighbors have crossed the line from nosy to creepy. You say you're the youngest tenant in your community at 35 and that you're the only one who works. Where do you live? A retirement home?
    Former member of the Georgia Perimeter College GSA. Member of the Atlanta Pink Pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by spiroxlii View Post
    Being overly helpful and nosy with your groceries and laundry is one thing. Picking through your garbage is another thing entirely. Your neighbors have crossed the line from nosy to creepy. You say you're the youngest tenant in your community at 35 and that you're the only one who works. Where do you live? A retirement home?
    I don't live in a retirement home. All my neighbors are in programs that pays their rent. they also get government checks.

Quote Originally Posted by gretchen2 View Post
    Put a do not disturb sighn on the front door.
    Good ideal! I'll try that!
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 05-10-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: merged - please use the multi quote button
    Cary

[size="4"]move[/size]
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Here is what I suggest:
    1. Be brief and polite as possible with them.
    2. Buy a paper shredder and shred receipts, mail, etc.
    3. If you're en femme when they come knocking open the door and ask them what they want. They appear very nosey so this will certainly curb that. Once they can't gossip about you their fun is over.
    4. Move if you don't want to be found out.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    [size="4"]move[/size]
    I agree. Find a better place. That's too much aggravation to deal with.

Diabolical

Old rubberneckers ! Some with petty little lives. That type reminds me of chickens in a henhouse. If they were going through my garbage, I think it would be great to set them up. Dead rats/snakes in plastic bags that have been out in the sun for a few days with a tag on them reading "filthy depraved sex goddess gets her just rewards". I wonder how many Gomers/Gomerettes would sneak out at 2 am to spirit the bag into his/her house ? What fun it would be to hear the old snoops cussing and retching . Call me heartless.

Stargirl, you're a person after my own heart. "Set 'em up" nice idea. How about some of those cans of exploding snakes you get get in a "Joke / magic shop"
    "Sneak" out to the rubbish can acting like you don't want to be seen, and put a box in the can. Should some "old biddy" have a heart attack, then it's just one less bothersome person to contend with.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Any suggestions on how to deal with these people?
    Oh the simplicity of it...
    Become friends with them somewhat, and THEN start asking for favors, make a habit of it.
    Money, food, cigarettes, whatever.

It should get to the point that as soon as you see the nosy ones, you ask them for something.

You really need to make friends with them and then start sponging.

I can guarantee that after a time, they will leave you alone and will avoid you. And then you can reunite with your true friend, Mr Privacy.

NO body likes a sponge.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I lived in a third story flat (apartment building) a long time ago and had a real problem with one of the neighbours. I ended up having to move as it was just not worth losing my sanity over something which, looking back, was so trivial. I could have fought it out, but I am truly glad I moved.

Can I ask you a question though......Why are you allowing them to invade your privacy? I'm guessing from what you've written they are not friends/family!? So what gives? It sounds like you are allowing them to walk all over you!

Whimsical

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss View Post
    Stargirl, you're a person after my own heart. "Set 'em up" nice idea. How about some of those cans of exploding snakes you get get in a "Joke / magic shop"
    "Sneak" out to the rubbish can acting like you don't want to be seen, and put a box in the can. Should some "old biddy" have a heart attack, then it's just one less bothersome person to contend with.
    I am so happy to meet you ! A sense of humor is a treasure. I have a morbid sense of humor sometimes. Harold and Maude would know how to deal with snoops.

rottweiler

Mutter to yourself constantly, and when you catch them looking at you, go completely silent and stare back.
    Former member of the Georgia Perimeter College GSA. Member of the Atlanta Pink Pistols.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I have no problem with my neighbours, and I'm in a 5 unit building. I know them all and we all get on well. But I am in private. I draw my black curtains as soon as I'm home from work, and I get into my dresses, etc. I've never gone out the door dressed though, and never will. I have no reason too, so they'll never know about me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

My landlords, and friends for 15 years, live up stairs from me; so I knowhow you feel.

Luckly for me, they respect my privacy, and I respect theirs. Also they have a second home they spend most weekends at.

In your case, I'd Move.
    BTW, don't say you can't afford to buy before you check out this site:

www.govsales.gov

So true, I lived in apartments like that for about 10 years. It was the driving factor for me to save every penny so I could buy the house I live in now. CDing and apartments don't mix well.

I would suggest you simply be yourself and out yourself to them. They will either accept Cary or leave you alone. Your life is your's. Not theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel B View Post
    I lived in a third story flat (apartment building) a long time ago and had a real problem with one of the neighbours. I ended up having to move as it was just not worth losing my sanity over something which, looking back, was so trivial. I could have fought it out, but I am truly glad I moved.

Can I ask you a question though......Why are you allowing them to invade your privacy? I'm guessing from what you've written they are not friends/family!? So what gives? It sounds like you are allowing them to walk all over you!
    I'm a very nice and friendly person. Somtimes this is all people need.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Oh the simplicity of it...
    Become friends with them somewhat, and THEN start asking for favors, make a habit of it.
    Money, food, cigarettes, whatever.

It should get to the point that as soon as you see the nosy ones, you ask them for something.

You really need to make friends with them and then start sponging.

I can guarantee that after a time, they will leave you alone and will avoid you. And then you can reunite with your true friend, Mr Privacy.

NO body likes a sponge.
    I like this ideal !

Thank you all for all the good suggestions. I think for now I'm going to keep to myself except to say hello and such. I pay my rent, so I will do as I please. I don't want to be outed, but if I am, I'll just deal with it. I will be working hard to get a house or condo in a year or two. I always believe good things come in time.
    Last edited by az_azeel; 05-08-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: merged posts.. please use the edit or multi quote function
    Cary

coming out

I think just being yourself dressing part way occationally coming out to them as a male but fem and they will eventully ask so tell them bet they are just interseted.

I can relate. Super is below me so sometimes he can hear the heels and both he and the neighbors can smell the nail polish.

They must have really boring lives because these are the nosiest people on earth.

sounds like you need to move or u will be miserable