Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soooo Nervous About Hen Night

Soooo Nervous About Hen Night

Hi ya girls!

You may or may not re-call me mentioning that a girl at my work place has invited me to her hen night with 25 RG's next weekend.

The thing is, i'm sooooo nervousssss! I've been going out enfemme for the past 6 years and most of the time, i've been to TG-friendly clubs so i guess i've been in a comfort zone. Got to meet up outside a pub in an area that i don't see as being particularly CD-friendly. Will be boarding a bright pink bus decked out like a limo with all the girls then we'll be making our way into London. Along the way, we'll be stopping off at two trendy London nightclub/cocktail bars which are not TG-related.

I really try to look my best but don't wanna be ridiculed. Haven't felt this nervous since going out shopping enfemme to a large shopping mall 3 years ago. Just worried about freezing. I feel so pathetic as i'm sure some T-girls would kill to be in my position. My girlfriend will be with me to support me so i shouldn't be worried.

I'm sure a lot of you girls have been here and have got the t-shirt but i'm still on my journey and over-coming my fears along the way.

Any words of wisdom and support from you more experienced girls would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sara xxxx

Thumbs up

Based on your photo, your look is fantastic. The girls should be thrilled. If not only for the novelity. Bravo, good luck and we need a full report. Go for a bit more fem then the dress code. Skirt and nylons, heels. They will appreacate the effort.

It is a CD thing they would not understand!
    Last edited by Tora; 05-09-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: additional thought

You are right---a lot of girls would love to be in your shoes.

I'd be just as nervous as you are but I'd lean on your girlfriend and the other girls for support. Just breathe deeply and take the plunge--I am sure that once you get going that you will relax and enjoy the evening.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Sara-

Girl, you are a doll, I think what you're going to be getting from the g-girls is jealousy vibes.<lol> Be considerate of them and just remember that lots of them don't have the practice with makeup and so on that t-girls do.

Seriously, I think it's very sweet of your friend to include you in a girl's night out, she must think the world of you. Enjoy yourself, take notes and be sure to report back. Pix too, please.<g>
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Sara,
    You are a very attractive girl and from your post this would not be the first time out sooooooooo just go and have fun. I do this with a group of girls evry week. In fact tomorrow I'm having them down to the house for coffee and muffins. Life is so short and there are so many things to do and experience.

Huggs to build strength and a peck on the cheek for luck. Let us know how it went. Keli

Sara, go enjoy, and do you really think anybody is gonna mess with a bunch of girls on a hen night .......... NAW they would not be that brave ..... have a great night hun
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Sara - you look fantastic! Go and enjoy... and what Sheila says is spot on - no one is gonna give you any trouble at all!

Have fun!

Girls Night

Wow, I am so impressed that you got invited number one and that you actually going is number two. I agree in your picture you look amazing and because I am not passable I can only envy you and your courage. You go and have a good time and I hope you have the support of the whole group that is going with you. You have the support of you SO it looks like. Meanwhile I will sit here and dream of the day when I can pickup the nerve to go for a dress and drive and maybe attend meeting of some kind. I do wish you all the luck in the world. You go girl and be proud!

Jeannie

Gold Member
    Go have fun Sara. You have a support group plus your gf so what's to worry. Besides, as others said, you look really cute in your avatar and no one will know the difference. Let us know how it all went.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Have a blast, sweetie!! I've seen your previous posts and you're gorgeous!! Can't wait to hear of your fun!
    Love

Lynne

Focus on interacting with the people you're with. If anyone is staring, they're probably in love
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I think you will fit in just fine Sara. I know I would (cluck, cluck, cackle, cackle). Go for it Hon. You look great BTW.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I say go have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    I’m falling down the rabbit hole and loving the trip down.

I'd be nervous, too, but don't fret too much and ruin what will undoubtedly be an awesome night out.

They say the best camouflage for a CD is to be with real girls. The more the better I imagine. So, you're in good shape from that angle. Plus you have the security of your group; what jerk would dare hassle one member of such a formidable party?!?

Go girl! Have fun, and yes we all do want to see pictures.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Girly Sara View Post
    ...Any words of wisdom and support from you more experienced girls would be appreciated.
    Hold your head high, show confidence (even if you're not feeling it) and remain focused on your having a good time.

I think a good, solid display of confidence will keep you safe from most ridicule. I only say "most" because anyone can be ridiculed for anything. I've been ridiculed in GUY-mode!

Aside from the wild card, I bet you'll do fine. Nervous or not, have fun with it. Just think of it as an adventure.

Bet you do just fine, Sara... and come back with some great stories to share after!
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

You are lovely, go and have a blaast!
    Michelle

lucky

you are soooo lucky, eat it up go for it all,

then tell us all about it k

lucky
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Gold Member
    That sounds like a dream experience. And you will have the best camouflage going, a group of ladies. Enjoy it and report back!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Sara

Oooh ... what a fantastic (but scary) position to be in. This has gotta be "the ultimate" hasn't it? I mean to say to go on what is usually a strictly GGs only outing, a hen night, (bachelorette party) says alot about how you are as a person and how your friends think and relate to you.

I haven't been on hen night but I have been out with a group who were all GGs (except for me). The only thing I can say is that it so fantastic because the GGs are so comfortable with you that they really do treat you as if you really were a real girl and seemingly make no allowances for you being a CDer. It was both exciting and scary for me as we were in a non LGBT restaurant with kids and families around us.

Going out with GGs does make me feel special but in your situation I would feel a little bit scared as won't a bunch of GGs on a girls' night out attract attention from guys? Maybe as others have said a hen party isn't something guys are gonna mess with.

All I can say is that you should remember that generally speaking I think we become more passable in a group of GGs. A group of CDers tends to get read more easily but if you're with a bunch of GGs you are going to blend into the background more. I would say stick real close to your girlfriend all night, smile sweetly, use your best femme voice all the time, keep telling yourself that you are a girl, keep those mannerisms feminine, have fun, and whatever you do don't get too drunk!

Take some pics and post a thread in the out and about section when you're done - I know we'd all love to read it!

Hugs
    Rachel
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 05-10-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hi girls,

Thank you so much for all your support and advice. Really appreciate it. I'm probably getting anxious for no reason but i'm sure people understand my anticipation.

I'm sure come Sunday following the night out, i will have some positive feedback and great things to talk about...not forgetting some pix of the big night.

Thanks again, girls!

Hugs from Sara xxxx

I would suggest taking it easy on the drinking, not an easy thing to do on this type of outing. Have a drink first thing and then just coast on that one. Partly so you can keep some control, partly so you will vividly remember the whole night!!

Good luck and dance your a** off!!
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    I would suggest taking it easy on the drinking, not an easy thing to do on this type of outing. Have a drink first thing and then just coast on that one. Partly so you can keep some control, partly so you will vividly remember the whole night!!

Good luck and dance your a** off!!

I agree with you regarding the drinking, Sally! lol Will probably have some wine whilst i'm getting my make over done though to give me some courage.

Oh yes. Want to remember this night forever more as i don't think this invite will come around too often.

Sara xxxx

Banned Read only
    Trust me... the only harassment you're going to get is her single friends wanting to take you home and do naughty things to you! Your girlfriend might need some pepper spray to defend her turf.

Count me as another jealous bitch right now... I'm going to be a bridesmaid for one of my GG friends, but that wedding isn't until next summer... gah!

Wow!! I think most people would be nervous when they try something like that for the first time, I think you have so much courage and yes I'm also a little jealous as well.
    Go out and enjoy yourself and then come back and tell us how well it went. Oh, and best wishes to your friend on her wedding

Susie xx

You' be fine Sara just go and have loads of fun girl.
    Angie