Thread: Interesting Visit with friend

Interesting Visit with friend

My family and I were visiting an old school friend and his family at dinner tonight. As we were talking, his kid popped out the statement, "Daddy and his dresses..." My friend looked horrified, and his wife quickly changed the subject. Kids say the darndest things, right?
    So now I am wondering, if he enjoys the finer parts of dressing up as well? I doubt that I will ever know for sure, but it is fun to wonder.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    [SIZE=4]If you run into him or him and his wife again..maybe ask [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]"i didn't know you were in the fashion business?"..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]course the response would be "why do you ask that?"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]"since your son said something about dresses." and watch for those facial expressions that you might make if you are in the closet.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Then maybe you can ease their minds that there are more of us than you might think.. [/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I found out on Friday night that a friend of mine is a crossdresser. I never would have guessed! He was surprised to find out that I am one too! Some of us do a good job of hiding it...
    Former member of the Georgia Perimeter College GSA. Member of the Atlanta Pink Pistols.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Quote Originally Posted by spiroxlii View Post
    I found out on Friday night that a friend of mine is a crossdresser. I never would have guessed! He was surprised to find out that I am one too! Some of us do a good job of hiding it...
    [SIZE=4]Guess he didn't go such a good job???? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]ok..just kidding..so how did you find out about him? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]part of me wishes that someone I already know did dress.. but for now, its computers and some outtings..but no real friends to come over..some day soon.. [/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I found out about him because he told me. He was going through all of his friends and preparing to come out to some and to drop others. I was one of the ones he chose to come out to.
    Former member of the Georgia Perimeter College GSA. Member of the Atlanta Pink Pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by ColletteCD View Post
    ...So now I am wondering, if he enjoys the finer parts of dressing up as well? I doubt that I will ever know for sure, but it is fun to wonder.
    Based on just what was said, it seems your friend may indeed be a cd.

How comfortable are you with your cding? Would you be comfortable enough to simply e-mail your friend and basically just say you're a cd and see where it goes?

If this happened to me, I'd figure out a way to find out. I'd be very curious about my old friends who also had to play the "got to hide my true self to fit in" game. It would be very interesting to compare stories with someone I actually grew up with.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I have one friend who I believe might be tg of some sort. But it's the kind of thing that unless I were to come out completely to many who I know (so very doubtful), it's likely that I'll never know for sure about him.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by spiroxlii View Post
    I found out about him because he told me. He was going through all of his friends and preparing to come out to some and to drop others. I was one of the ones he chose to come out to.
    Some of us don't look the part in a million years.. no way Jose or hose-a (wink wink)
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ColletteCD View Post
    My family and I were visiting an old school friend and his family at dinner tonight. As we were talking, his kid popped out the statement, "Daddy and his dresses..." My friend looked horrified, and his wife quickly changed the subject. Kids say the darndest things, right?
    So now I am wondering, if he enjoys the finer parts of dressing up as well? I doubt that I will ever know for sure, but it is fun to wonder.

And in Arkansas no less?

You could always bring up the topic of Halloween parties..... etc. and see where it goes.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Brown View Post

And in Arkansas no less?

Going on the statistics, there are probably plenty of us. I would bet that there are plenty of guys that are the hunters, that wear frilly underwear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dianaprince View Post
    You could always bring up the topic of Halloween parties..... etc. and see where it goes.

I like that idea, we usually host a pretty decent party, perhaps I can talk them into coming into town for it. Although the prospect of lots of people being there, would probably raise the chances of him coming dressed. I haven't dressed in the past few years, and I am thinking that this year is prom queen time. I would love to do a switched wedding couple.