Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I a gay CD?

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar

Am I a gay CD?

I had my first sexual encounter with a guy when I was 26, and I was scared to death, cause at that point I was always against it, I just did'nt like the feeling of it. From that point on, I grew very depressed, and it was also clashing with my insecurities and fear from my CDing cause I was still in the closet and living with my Dad.
    At this point, I grew very lonely, and would take any love if it was on offer. I had a breif relationship with a gay man in melbourne who was in his 40's and was very beautiful and kind to me. We were in love. It never lasted cause of the distance I had to travel, and we grew apart.
    For 2 years after that, I had no interest in men at all, or anything else.
    When I moved interstate in 2005 and came full circle with my dressing as far as no more insecurities, and fear, etc. I grew very comfortable with myself, and to this day have never been happier in my life. In the last 4 years I have had flings with men, but I'm always a CD when I do it. Theres a part of me that likes doing it with men, and theres a part of me that does'nt though. I'm basiccly doing this cause I cant get a lady. I dont find males (on the whole) attractive, but they fill my needs when I need it. Its sad.....but I still dont consider myself gay or even bi. I have'nt had it with a lady for a long long time, and i'm still looking. Most CD's are'nt gay, but I think I maybe....Any advice?
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 05-10-2009 at 08:26 AM. Reason: will pm.. lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

dont put restraints on yourself as far as sexual preference. if you do you may limit the type of person you look for and never find the right one. i have had two encounters with men (while dressed) and have never really even thought of being gay, straight, or bi. im just me and was interested in them at the time. do your thing and love who you love.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFlowingGown View Post
    Its sad.....but I still dont consider myself gay or even bi.
    I'm not sure that it is worth thinking about. The question is if sorting out your identity would change your behavior? Perhaps not...

Gold Member
    Maybe since your relations with men are when you are CDing, that your female personality takes over and you're experienceing female-like urges. Doesn't mean you're gay.

That is one of the smartest things I've heard in a while

I'm impressed with you Miranda09.
    That seems to be a very wise statement.
    I wonder what will happen over time with me.
    I know that I am feeling differently now in so many ways.
    It's kind of confusing to me and it appears to be for PrettyFlowingGown also ( though different than me ).

Dianne

I hope you don't mind me answering this but it really caught my attention so I had a look? I agree with Foxyjj you shouldn't limit yourself preference wise. I have found that since I came out fully I have been far more fluid in every way and the world has become a far more colorful place. I can see why you feel the way you do but don't let it drag you down.

I have found that by embracing my fluidity I am happier, settled and confident in the things that I do. I regard myself as queer in the broadest sence as I am a trans man pre-op and I'm in a committed relationship with a post op trans woman who is post op some six years. This works well.

Before this for the previous year or so I was discovering myself in terms of fluidity and although I found gay men attractive I didn't want sex with them. I do like androgynous peeps but I don't think of myself as a Gay male even though I could be with a trans man for example who has had top surgery but not bottem surgery. Labels aside I generally like the person for the person not the label.

Good luck with this hun xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianneRoberts View Post
    I'm impressed with you Miranda09.
    That seems to be a very wise statement.
    I wonder what will happen over time with me.
    I know that I am feeling differently now in so many ways.
    It's kind of confusing to me and it appears to be for PrettyFlowingGown also ( though different than me ).

Dianne

In many ways, I can relate to what Prettyflowinggown is saying. I don't consider myself gay or bi, but when I get all dolled up, and feeling really sexy, my female persona kicks in to full gear and I have female urges for not only sexual satisfaction, but in a deeper sense, an emotional release that would come from the kind of intimacies a women likes to receive from a man even before any sexual activity. My journey is one of understanding women much better than before, and I'm finding it utterly fascinating.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    In many ways, I can relate to what Prettyflowinggown is saying. I don't consider myself gay or bi, but when I get all dolled up, and feeling really sexy, my female persona kicks in to full gear and I have female urges for not only sexual satisfaction, but in a deeper sense, an emotional release that would come from the kind of intimacies a women likes to receive from a man even before any sexual activity. My journey is one of understanding women much better than before, and I'm finding it utterly fascinating.
    Exactly Miranda. I go to a gay place in Brisbane, a cuppla times a month dressed up. Last month, I got up on the dance floor in my gypsey skirt and lace top. A guy came in between me and another gg, and I was loving it. My feminine side was in full strength, and we were dancing with each other for about an hour, and he was very nice too. But you did take some of the words out of my mouth with your post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

...Most CD's are'nt gay, but I think I maybe....Any advice?
    Based on what you've said, you seem to fall into the category of bi. More accurately put - if you're aroused by the prospect of sexual activity with a woman and also with a man, I'd say that's bi-sexual.

It also seems that you've been more focused on relationships with men more as of late, than with women. Perhaps you lean more to the gay side than bi.

If you're attracted to someone and they're attracted to you as well - why not just explore a relationship? Doesn't really matter what category you fall under - just do what feels right in your life. Just enjoy the people you're with and see where it leads. Be safe about things - that goes without saying, but have some fun and enjoy.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Aspiring Member
    Katie B always gives great advice - listen to her. Go to this website; you may get some "professional" answers to your questions: http://www.aliceingenderland.com/

Theres a part of me that likes doing it with men, and theres a part of me that does'nt though. I'm basiccly doing this cause I cant get a lady. I dont find males (on the whole) attractive, but they fill my needs when I need it. Its sad.....but I still dont consider myself gay or even bi. I have'nt had it with a lady for a long long time, and i'm still looking. Most CD's are'nt gay, but I think I maybe....Any advice?

I'm sorry to be negative... but I find your reason for having sex with men a little bit puzzling.

I find that I am Bi. I am married and am faithful to my wife. I don't put my bi sexuality into practice. When I am dressed and feeling my feminine best, nothing would turn me on more than to be romanced and ravished by a man. A good read about this is " Alice in Genderland " by Alice Novic.

Aspiring Member

Are you a gay CD?

The answer, "yes or no," probably depends on who is answering the question - not so much on who is asking - and says more about the person deciding than the person being tagged.

I think Katie has "a" good way to figure things out, but then there's the "quantity vs. quality" issue that gets in the way of making it strictly a math thing.

Frankly, I'm glad you're bringing the "gay thing" up here again.

Why are so many people worried about gay choices or gay-ness?

We're all people... Live and let live. Get happy, project happy.

Thank you!

I break the issue into two issues: "sex," and/or life choice.

If you're bi, it's about the sex; "Wham, bam, thank you Sam."

If you're gay, it's about a same gender relationship, preferably with the same person in most of the rest of your life as well.

Either way, it's your business what you do and your decision which road you travel in your pursuit of happiness.

Find something that works, repeat as necessary.

Good luck.

The answer is purely academic. If you prefer the company of men for sexual partners, then you are probably homosexual. If you prefer the company of women as sexual partners, then you are probably hetrosexual. The only other choice is that you prefer the company of both men and women equally. I call this sexually omniferous.

How close the sexes sometimes come to one another. It is as much a matter of behavior and the sphere in which they move that separates the masculine part of humanity from the feminine.

Elizabeth Aston, The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy, 2005

Depends

I completely agree with the idea that "gay", "bi", and "straight" are just labels, and that they very rarely, if at all, help someone who is having difficulty in understanding who he/she is.

But since people in general want to be able to put others into categories so they can more simply know how to relate to them, -- the question will continue to be asked.

I answer the question differently depending on who is asking it and also how I feel at the time.

When I ask myself who I am, I don't have to limit myself to these or any other categories. I am who I am.

..I think I maybe....Any advice?
    Why does it matter to you? I think the advice to decide who you really are first (how can you have a meaningful relationship with anybody, if you're not sure) is good...
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Why do we need to put labels on everything? PrettyFlowingGown I would say you are you and that’s it you don’t necessarily need to identify your sexual orientation with a label, just be yourself, were all here to help you, but I would say not to worry with things like this and just get out and live life, and enjoy yourself.
    I’m falling down the rabbit hole and loving the trip down.

If you didn't enjoy it with men, you wouldn't seek it out. If you're interested in the two primary genders, in label terms,you're bisexual. As some others are saying, it isn't that big a deal- if you're drawn to someone, you'll be unhappy if you attempt to deny it because some bigoted programming in your life attempts to say it's wrong.

"If you're bi, it's about the sex; "Wham, bam, thank you Sam."

If you're gay, it's about a same gender relationship, preferably with the same person in most of the rest of your life as well."
    Not correct- bisexual people are just as capable of falling in love & having a lasting relationship, it doesn't mean you're a sex-crazed opportunist only out for quick sex.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 05-10-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Bilinda the housekeeper! Bilinda's Avatar
    I gave up a long time ago on all the sexual categories, labels and so on. I really think we all can find some type of love, lust or whatever for any gender. Who cares?

If I could find one GG who wants to be mine forever and all that, great. I'll just stay with her. Meantime, I'll go with whoever, whatever gets me going at the time!
    Don't put lipstick on dry lips unless you want it to stay on for 3 days!

I don't think you should resist what's natural to you. You seem to be naturally attracted to men. I don't think you should fight it.

I had a breif relationship with a gay man in melbourne who was in his 40's and was very beautiful and kind to me. We were in love.

I still dont consider myself gay or even bi.
    Um... o.k., while I don't believe a man is gay or bi just because he engages in a sex act with another man, if you fall in love with someone of the same sex you are at least bi.

When I think about pursuing intimacy outside of my platonic marriage. It is always with another CD. So that makes me "lesbian"? The notion of sex with a man turns me off. So therefore I am NOT "Gay"? Or is being a "lesbian" only for GG's?

Silver Member
    My suggestion is don't label yourself---you seem to be anxious to prove that you are not gay and/or bi by denying it but at the same time tell us that you fell in love with a gay man and also got really turned on recently while dancing with a guy at a club---the truth of the matter is you probably feel really sexy when dressed and enjoy the turn on and the power it gives you over the guys who are attracted to you---nothing wrong with that darling and nothing wrong with having physical relationships because of those feelings, in fact its a very feminine thing to do. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to send Me a pm.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Absolutely!.. I agree with you. Everytime I CD I become 100% a girl and would love to be elengantly seduced by a man and be treted like a lady. It is awesome.!!!

Only you can really answer this question PFG.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning