Thread: Being accepted

Being accepted

Today was just like any other Sunday morning other than it was mothers day and the girls (my late wife's sisters) were coming over for coffee and bagels. We have been doing this for some time and they know I drerss. So this morning I was wearing a black leather mini with a red top and sandels, I had the the coffee on and the kitchen straightened up. As we got settled we talked about many things and the out of the blue Helen says "I was thinking and you are not so much my brother-in-law but my sister". Tears welled up and I said thank you because I think of myself as their sister more than an odd brother-in-law. We all laughed and then started to plan an outing/camping adventure for later this summer.

I know from different posts there are many sisters who have simular moments and although I kinda knew they felt that way it was still nice to hear it.

Keli

What a great acceptance story!

Your sisters-in-law sound like wonderful people.

Hope your upcoming camping adventure offers more precious moments like this.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Sweet moment in life

hey keli, thanks for sharing a very sweet moment in your life. being accepted (and respected) as who you are is one of the greatest things in life, and sharing those moments spreads the joy to all of us.
    Ta Ta
    Juliet

Girl...

Respect is a beautiful thing!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]Ciara[/SIZE]

Yeah, Keli!! That's awesome and you such a lucky girl!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

being accepted

I am glad for you hun,being accepted is very important to us all.

Aspiring Member
    Keli - what a wonderful slice of life. What an embrace from sister to sister. Very touching.

Kelli, wonderful them to say that. It makes your life easier being accepted for who you are doesn't it?
    Hugs
    Stefanie
    "Every day, I learn something new about what it means to be a woman."

Yes that is truely an amazing story, you are so lucky to be able to be yourself around family. Congradulations and good luck on the camping trip.

Silver Member
    Keli, I am so happy for you. Your sister in-laws sound like great people. You must feel very good inside knowing that your family members accept and support you. Being accepted means a lot to all of us and I'm sure you are feeling that not only are you accepted but also loved and respected. I wish you continued acceptance from everyone in your life.

Keli---Great story! I am very happy for you.

Thank you all and wish you all the best. I had a feeling that this was the case but actually hearing the words ment so much more. I still get teary eyed thinking of that moment. Since I joined this site and have met a few of you both on line and in person the support has been wonderful. Thanks again.
    Huggs and kisses. Keli

Last night after more meetings, uggggg, I stopped out to visit the "girls" for some down time and we got talking as usual. When the conversation finally changed to the weekend I asked if I could share this post and when the "girls" read the post they were so moved by your support and responses. I think they understand how much this ment to me and the kindness and love there are between the members of this forum and CDers as a whole. Helen really likes Karren and when she checks the site she looks to see what she is up to, LOL. Thanks you all again.

Huggs and kisses. Keli