Thread: Mother's Day

Question Mother's Day

My wife and I were talking and I jokenly said it would be a good day to come out to our children, ages 22 & 19. She said I was wanting to get a Mothers Day present for myself.
    Now my question is two fold, 1) How many have children who know about your CDing? 2) If so do you get a present on Mothers Day?
    GG's I would also like to know, " Would you be offended if your CD husband got a present for MOthers Day?
    Everybody, do think this would be crossing the line?

No, my children do not know. No I did not get a present. I believe my wife would be a litttle upset if I was to get a present. And yes I personnaly think this would be crossing the line.

ps: I am not real good with computers, I just now figured out how to post on here. That is why this wasn't up earlier.
    Last edited by TJ Tresa; 05-16-2009 at 10:34 PM.

1, our daughter knows, she is 25 years old, told here when she was 15

2, No, I don't get a present on mothers day, thats what fathers day is for.

3, Im not a GG, but I think my wife would be bothered by it.

4, crossing the line? No, but, it would all depend on your level of CDing, and your families level of acceptance.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Motherhood

It came very clearly to me on the first day I became a father - Motherhood is sacred, do not mess with it. Until we have personally borne the pain of child birth, we do not deserve to be honored on Mother's Day.

Gold Member
    There are a lot of issues here that I see. Getting dressed and having your kids know about it does not constitute being a mother to me. But the greatest issue is that it is your SO's day. Our dressing can stomp on a lot of things. This should be one of those sacred things that doesn't get touched. If my SO put a suit and tie on, that doesn't make her my kids father.

Now for those that have transitioned, it may get stickier. I would have to think about that a bit and it would be good to hear from those who have made that move. At first blush, I would still stick with father's day for the same reasons I gave above.

The question was asked about CD's .

Mothers Day is a special day set aside so a mother's children can spend a day making her feel special. Usually done through the giving of cards, small presents, loving pictures made for mom from the heart. In short, a day to say " I love you Mom "

A CD who dresses, can portray a woman, he can never portray a mom as that job is taken already. There is a day of the year set aside for fathers, strangely called Fathers Day, again if your So ever wanted to portray a man, quite acceptable, but that would never mean that she could be the father as that job is already taken.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

So far I agree 100%. I believe that Motherhood is a sacred thing, a wonderful blessing from our maker. Could not have said or exsprecessed it better. Thank all of you for your participation.

My wife and kids know, but I agree with everyone else here - taking the spotlight away from mom on her special day is just wrong, wrong, wrong. This goes back to that thread with the anonymous comments from the GGs: You're treating the missus horribly if you try to make every moment about how girly you are, and don't give her *at the minimum* equal time on the pedestal.

My wife worked hard for over 20 years to be a mother to our kids, and she deserves every minute of honor and more for that hard work. One day a year isn't enough.

And don't forget your own mom, if she's still on this planet!

ralph

I have one daughter that knows and I didn't gat a Happy Mothers day nor did i expect one. However, most of friends that know Kendra sent me Mothers Day text messages pretty much all day, Jerks. LOL