Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My co-worker: "You are a woman trapped in a man's body."

My co-worker: "You are a woman trapped in a man's body."

at 5:00 pm today (it was really hot) I said to my co-worker, who was wearing a light knee-length dress, "You're lucky you can come to work wearing a dress, it's going to be hot for a while." She usually smiles and jokes alot, but her face was plain, almost casual when she said,

"You're a woman trapped in a man's body, aren't you?"

Now Margaret and I joke around all the time, so I immediately made light of it. I said,

"Yeah, just dying to come out, just like in the movie 'Aliens' " And mimed the chest bursting.

She said,

"No, I mean, it's your flesh that makes you attracted to women, but you're really a girl."

I didn't really know what to say to that. But it was time to go anyway so we said our goodbyes.

I wonder if tomorrow is going to be just a interesting?

Gold Member
    Hmmmm, interesting conversation Violet. Be sure you let us know what transpires.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Holy cow, what an interesting thing to say. I wish someone would say that to me. You bet it's going to be interesting tomorrow, that's assuming she contines on where she left off.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Wow, outted and your Ok with that. One of our office girls say's I an "old softy." Little does she know.

Wow! Twisted, please let us know!!! Would you feel better if she talked more about it?

A girl at my work called me out last week for a fem movement I made. very similar situation. All i could do > smile, snap my fingers twice in the air, and walked off swishin' my hips
    Couldn't look back!

It almost seems like women have a sense about them to figure these things out. Fingers crossed for you xx

next time you see tell her she was right if people ate near. Then say will'll talk later. If o
    No one is near talk to her you will then have a girl friend at work that you can talk to and shop with. How cool would that be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Very interesting comments. I hope that the conversation continues and that you can tell us what happens--good things, I hope!
    warmly, Linnea

I think I would be guarded until I wassure she might have pegged you....... she MIGHT just be messing with you...

Some people are just plain perceptive and they can read you so clearly. In my experience you grab them and hold on to them for dear life. They are the special ones...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

That's very cool, Violet! Let us know how the conversation progresses.

jenn

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Some people are just plain perceptive and they can read you so clearly. In my experience you grab them and hold on to them for dear life. They are the special ones...
    A wise woman she is Lisa G. and I I agree with Lisa. I once was read clearly ny a woman I was dating and she often said that I had feminine qualities. We dated for a long time and she even told me that she didnt care if I dressed as a woman full time. It would have been nice but she had issues with my two daughters. But I always believe that woman do have that ability to see things in us that they recognize as the qualities they possess. Joann0830

Violet, Please my friend let us know what happens and you are still Lovely.

wow, good luck with that

Sounds to me like she opened the door and invited you to have a good conversation, or at least to coyly confirm her suspicions. I would be surprised if she brings it up again any time soon.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

I have to admit, you do have very radient skin and subtle tones, so yeah!

With a close shave, do you get taken at first glance for a female?
    I wouldn't be surprised of it tbh.
    Lots of Love,
    Rach
    xxxxx

Hi .....Some of us are born with those traits so yes it comes out in many different ways ..dont ever be fooled its there & as women we are perceptive .
    ...noeleena...

Your co-worker's perception is a lovely way of expressing herself.......the truth is only unseen.

Sonia

Sounds like she's been noticing things about you awhile, and now she's reaching out to you. Find some time where you two can talk, seems like a good sincere friend.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

She may be trying to figure you out. Not many men would make comments about dresses and the weather. The real issue is whether she is friend or foe. I agree that the next day will be interesting.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

A very interesting conversation with your co-worker Violet.
    Reminds one of the cliche - "Hidden in plain view".

Banned Read only
    "Remember you're comment yeaterday, Margaret? About me being a woman trapped in a man's body? Can we talk about this a little more? Maybe a drink after work?"

The phrase she used is so common now on talk shows like Oprah and Tyra (both very supportive of us) that she's obviously been exposed to it in a positive way. If you like her and trust her and get along with her, then follow up on her initiative. We can't have too many supportive friends, especially at work these days.

Lucky girl you!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Be proactive if you can

And I throw my hat in the ring for continuing the conversation. Continuing the conversation, one on one, will give you the chance to deal with it in an honest and respecful way, maybe getting the same in return. That will allow you some control and not let it become part of office gossip. When it gets there, you will be unable to fight misperception or outright lies that may build as the stories are told and embellished the way gossip can do.

Dang. When they're right, they're right, eh?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Silver Member
    That is awesome Violet! I hope you continue talking with this woman and can tell us all about how your conversations with her goes.

I just have to say that you are super clever for using that Aliens reference on the spot like that. Do you do improv or something? I would be frozen in my tracks if someone pegged me like that. You just took it in stride. So cool.

my response

hi all-
    i d like to share a couple experiences i have had.

1. every now and then , when i have had conversations with women,not that i need to hear this,but a few women now and then figure out i am in transition.what is funny....is they will ask me , i will not lie to them, after a period of them getting to know me,these same women will say: you are a woman....
    big surprise...lol...i get these declarations, which i dont really mind it , but find it interesting they say this.

2. every ts probably has had to face this sooner or later: seeing someone you went to school with.what is so interesting this happened to me sooner...rather than later.what is funny is how this happened,and what happened.
    i remember this so well.....i was looking for some aluminum
    foil, and it was funny , as they didnt have any.what happened then i noticed a guy .....in the isle....i looked up , and stared at him, he looks up , i said: boy you sure look familar....he goes yea,you do to.then he asked me if i was my sister.i replied...no.then he continued to ask me further questions , in which , thinking i was a different female in the family.i listened closely , i then decided to ask: is that you mike?he goes yea it is.what was funny is running into him in this small town.anyhow, i asked him to step outside.....i then decided to tell him, yes mike you do know me.....he was a bit puzzled until i told him. i must admit i was very nervous.this is the only guy i was really friends with,he was a sweet guy.so i then explained to him what was happening with me.
    it was interesting......after a few minutes of talking with him, i heard a shrill of a woman's voice.....mike , what the f*** are you doing talking to her?this was when i realized for certain that women seen me as a threat.i didnt ever want to be in one of those triangles.....and well , i didnt know what to say for a minute or two.after we both cleared up how we knew each other, i was invited to dinner, i politely accepted.
    the next evening i showed up, while dinner was being prepared,mike and i started to talk about the old teachers we knew,and pretty much everything else....his wife had to felt left out of the conversation.
    out of the blue ,and this is mike saying this on his own...i found and thought this was interesting,and while i dont need validation of whom i am,or what gender i am , here is what happened:
    mike said: " you do know why they guys always picked on you?i wanted to see what his reply would be ,so i just listened.mike said he thought i might be gay...but he said that didnt make sense to him for many reasons, as he just didnt think i was gay.then mike revealed the reason the guys picked on me.....they seen me as a girl.i thought this was mighty interesting.kids even when young are very preceptive,
    and see things that adults dont,as the kids become adults,somehow they lose some of their preceptiveness.
    i didnt need to be told by others i am a woman...but some of the experiences like these two i think are interesting,and pretain to the conversation.
    have pleasant evening.
    melissa