Thread: Gynecomastia & CD'ing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gynecomastia & CD'ing

In the thread "How often do you wear a bra?", Katheryn wondered if there was a connection between cd's and gynecomastia. I will explain my situation and pass on what I have learned and hope those interested will add their comments.

To begin, I started cd'ing at about age 6 when I found a pair of my mother's old panties in the rag bag. As far back as I could remember I always wanted to be a girl, to the point that I paryed every night that when I woke in the morning I would be a girl, of course it never happened. About age 11 I started to grow very nice little breasts, I thought God was finally answering my prayers. I was very happy with this new growth until someone at school noticed and started to tease me. Even with all the teasing I still had the desire to be a gril and I still dressed using what little I had at the time.

Fast forward to 9th grade at a new school in a more urban setting. If I thought the teasing in a small town school was bad, in the new school it was a 1,000 times worse. I was still dressing as much as I could with a lot more clothes than I had before and I was able to fill an A cup without any problem. I was also feeling worse about myself with each passing day. One day a group of 'jocks' grabbed me and took me behind the stairwell, ripped my shirt off and everybody got a free feel. I went home that day and when I found the house empty I got my father's .22 rifle, put a shell in, stuck the muzzle in my mouth and tried to push the trigger. I couldn't get my big toe into the trigger guard and I couldn't find anything that I could use to push the trigger. My mother came home from shopping and I was just able to put the rifle away before she came into my room.

My 4 years in that school were pure hell, no friends, no girlfriends and no social life outside of church. I still dressed whenever possible and had built up a pretty good stash of clothes (why my mother and father never found out is beyond me). I tried to see a therapist but I couldn't get an appointment, they would not talk to a kid without a parent present. I did mention my boobs to our family doctor, he said it was gynecomastia and said it would go away in time. My mother dismissed the whole thing, that was something that wasn't talked about in the 50's. All of those years I still felt I would be much happier as a female, and only felt peace in my life when I was cd'ing. I got a bra that fit (I won't say how), that was the best feeling in the world to put it on and be able to fill it.

I don't want to start listing everything that has happened over the years, it would take too much time and space.

To get back to the connection between gynecomastia and cd'ing, doctors can not put a cause to gyne, some say it is hormones, other say it is just confusion in the development process. I don't know if I grew breasts because of my desire to be female, or if it came from my mother. I do know that once you got em, surgery is the only was to get rid of em. Now days I don't care what anyone else thinks or says, I've had the twins for over 60 years and I wouldn't get rid of em for anything. I was in my 40's when I finally accepted myself for what I am, the hard years are behind me, I am proud of my 36 C's and if someone doesn't like em, they don't have to look. In fact if I could take a pill to make em bigger I would buy a lifetime supply.

Sorry this is so long, but I had to express my opinion. Any comments good or bad are more than welcome.

Renyta
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
    Albert Einstein

Barbara
    It is a shame that children are not taught at a very young age to accept others that may be a bit different! There are many adults that have not let go of the nastiness that can inhabit children.

I congrateulate you on your acceptance and willingness to share. I think you have made a few of us here wish we had that pill to take as well as to share.

Keep the shiny side up!
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

I don't really know if there is a connection - but having gyno would certainly add a bit of legitimacy to CDing. I had to get a medical about 3 years ago because of what I noticed going on, and the diagnosis was gynecomastia. I was concerned although not really worried, plus it really hasn't done much in the long run anyways.

Alannah

Like women, some of whom are flat chested despite having all the correct hormones, there will be a wide variation of male breast development. Some of us have more, some less, and of course, we don't get to choose that. All of my male ancestors were lanky, slim types; none of the pictures I saw showed any female type breast development. Me, I started overeating about a month after the sexual abuse started, and have had a yo-yo weight gain and loss pattern my whole life since than, and by age ten had the beginning of breast budding, which strongly contributed to my gender identity confusion back then. But the doctors I have spoken to over the years attributed my somewhat female type breast development to that, all blood tests being normal.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Hi Renyta,

Sad to know what happened to you in your childhood. It might definately have had some impact in terms of your moving towards feminity. I also had gyno.. and the breasts were becoming difficult to handle. They used to come in between things I was doing and it was difficult to live with them .

As with you , I also prayed to get boobs in childhood and I got them in teenage years. I was also felt sometimes and felt quite bad about it . The shameful part was not able to wear a tight shirt and to turn the chest away from a blowing fan. So even though I was happy in one way, I was not happy in another. But in college I decided that I do not want them anymore and had them removed. Was it good or not I don't know but it was a self esteem booster where my Guy side was dominant while I was supressing my womanhood.

It is quite difficult to understand if the gyno.. condition was the reason for Cding. I do not think so because I am aware that I was dressing up before I made that prayer. Hence it might have added to the already existing feeling. But I say that removing them was also welcome because I was not able to live my life in a easy way. Looking back I feel I took the right decision but that is totally personal . My teenage years were full of confusion and absolutely no one to turn to . Those were horrible years and I would not want to revisit them .

So i guess you are not alone in this condition and if my POV helped you , that is great

Tina

Quote Originally Posted by tinachristina View Post

My teenage years were full of confusion and absolutely no one to turn to . Those were horrible years and I would not want to revisit them .
    That sure sums up my teenage years also. Nicely put.

I am over fifty years past being a teen, but I now want natural boobs so I will need to wear a bra full time. Can gynecomastia be induced?

Renyta, first I want to thank you for posting your story. I had never heard of gynecomastia until now. I has hit me so so hard that I may have had this condition as a teenager and never knew it.

I too was harassed but in junior high gym class and I can certainly sympathise with the torture you went through. Gym was hell with all the harassment over my breasts and since I was fat also which just made it worse.

I complained to my mother about gym and wanted her to get permission for me to not go. She, for whatever reason couldn't manage to get that approved. So my mother, a nurse, took me to a surgeon she knew and he performed surgery to reduced both my breasts. He turned it in to the insurance as benign cysts. Which I never thought I had, I had assumed I was just fat and that he claimed the cysts so insurance would pay. I am now wondering if I had the gynecomastia condition in addition to being fat.

Renyta, thanks you so much for sharing, it somehow makes me feel better to know that others have been through this also.

Gina

Dear 67,
    You are a brave soul and I admire you for that. Thanks for sharing about the gynecomastia. I wish I had some knockers like that, too! What CD wouldn't!!!

Susansthere

Aspiring Member
    I don't have gynamecomastia. I had only recently (less than a year ago learned about it). I do have what I would refer to as A cup breats. Always have had them as I grew up. They were partly due to my chest build was sunken in. I was teased a lot about it whenever I had my shirt off. Noow that I know a bit about it I wish I had gynecomastia so I could wear a bra and have a legitimate excuse to wear one. Not that we need an excuse, but it would make me feel less guilty if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by panhead67 View Post
    I don't know if I grew breasts because of my desire to be female, or if it came from my mother.
    Sorry to hear about your problems when you were young and so glad you could not reach that trigger guard.

But regarding the highlighted question above, the answer would be no hon. Gynecomastia is a medical condition and can not be induced by wishing you were a woman or had breasts.

The term comes from the Greek words gyne meaning "woman" and mastos meaning "breast." In practical terms, this means abnormally large breasts on men.

The condition is relatively common in adolescent boys, and 90% of the time symptoms disappear in a matter of months, or, as adolescence wanes, a few years later. But the remaining 10% are burdened with a social handicap that causes a deep and complex shame, and puts one's relationship with one's body at risk.

There are several potential causes:

* puberty
    * steroid abuse
    * obesity
    * marijuana use (this is in question)
    * tumors
    * genetic disorders
    * chronic liver disease
    * side effects of many medications
    * castration
    * Klinefelter Syndrome
    * Gilbert's Syndrome
    * aging

GYNECOMASTIA ASSOCIATED WITH TRANSGENDER OR TRANS-SEXUAL VARIATIONS

Biological conditions that alter sex characteristics, including gynecomastia, might produce varying degrees of cross gender behavior, with contributions from concurrent socialization. There are some instances where gynecomastia and other intersex variations have been associated with transgender behaviors. Genetic disorders of metabolism causing gynecomastia and other intersex traits have been found both in particular genetically isolated populations , with varying degrees of associated transgenderism. Reports of a variety of intersex stigmata have been reported in studies of transgenders , and gynecomastia is also reported in clinical or biographical reports of transgendered individuals.

Relatively isolated, pure, or inbred populations generally have a greater tendency to manifest genetic disorders of metabolism, and might offer settings where detection of biological contributors to transgenderism is more likely. There are several lines of evidence suggesting associations between genetic disorders of metabolism, intersex (some with gynecomastia), and transgenderism.

Now they would be nice to have.
    Last edited by GypsyKaren; 05-26-2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: pic violates rules, removed

I've had gynecomastia since I was a about twelve or thirteen. I was overweight as a child. I lost a lot of weight in college and as my % body fat dropped my breasts became less noticeable. In the past three years I've picked a lot of weight and the breasts came back larger than ever. Having gynecomastia wasn't a trigger for me to dress, I was dressing back in elementary school and the breast development didn't occur until middle school.