Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfort level in shopping

Comfort level in shopping

As a cross dresser in order to wear your favorite clothes you usually have to buy them on your own or if you're lucky enough your wife or girlfriend will assist you when you treat her to some nice outfits.

What is your degree of comfort in shopping for femme clothes on a scale of 1 to 5?

1-I do not shop. I just borrow my wife's/girlfriend's panties.

2-I'd like to shop but am not comfortable. If I need clothes I order by catalog.

3-I shop occasionally for packaged stockings/pantyhose and panties at the supermarket when I go grocery shopping. If I need other femme clothes I shop by catalog.

4-I can shop for some femme clothes like pants and shirts/blouses but find it difficult to buy intimates or dresses. I order those items by catalog.

5-I can shop for all my femme clothes including intimates and not think twice about it. If you really want something you will buy it, no matter what.

5 (with the icing on the cake)-Not only can I shop for all my femme clothes but I have my wife/girlfriend assist me when I shop. I have the best of both worlds.

Where do you rate regarding your comfort in shopping foe femme clothes?

Emmi

I feel comfortable buying most clothes but shy away from the lingerie department. If I really want bra and panty set I will buy it but it's not that easy for me. Also I could never try makeup at the counter.

I probabaly would aspire to a 5 without my wife's help. She knows but will only allow me to wear women's pants and jeans and polo shirt in her presence.

Emmi

Hey Emmi,

My comfort level in shopping is very high 5½. Level 5 plus the fact that I'm unmarried and have no girlfriend, gives me the extra ½ half point.

Good posts, keep them coming, you bring out a lot of good questions.

Ricki B

Hi all,

I count myself among the most fortunate - 5 with the icing on the cake!

My loving, supporting wife is my fashion advisor and we shop together. She is excellent at selecting the correct size, especially in thrift stores.

I have icing flowers on my cake, too - my wife and I wear the same size in everything but shoes, and we borrow from each other with permission.

Jadeanne

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    5-I can shop for all my femme clothes including intimates and not think twice about it. If you really want something you will buy it, no matter what.
    I'm a 5. I shop for everything everywhere. But people call me a nerd for doing it. I have no girlfriend or wife. When I pay I try to go to the cashier when there's no line.

I'm a closet crossdressor but people know I crossdress because I buy too many womens clothes. Sometime they think I'm buying for a girlfriend or wife since I buy size 4 to 8 clothes. I can fit a range of size 2 to 12, but size 8 is my favorite though I can fit some size 4 & 6's.

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    An easy 5 with iceing. Both me and Bunny love to shop together. At first we would act as if buying for a friend or daughter, now we openly shop for both of us.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

I am a 4, since I can always say I'm buying a present for my wife.

I do admit that I do also buy nice clothes for my wife. I feel I have pretty good taste and enjoy the shopping experience. I feel a rush of emotion whenever I walk past the women's department.

Did I say walk past the women's department. On the contrary I always walk into the women's department. I never walk past it! When I see all the sexy lingerie I just feel drawn into it. And all those beautiful dresses. I could spend hours looking at all the beautiful dresses. I just feel like a girl who loves to shop!

I wish I was talented enough to design feminine clothing. One girl who is a member and posts occasionally, I am very impressed with because she actually sews her own clothing. That's Amazing!

Always looking forward to my next femme outfit and putting on something pretty and feminine!

Emmi

I do much of my shopping in stores, but I'd be lying if I claimed that I don't think twice about it. I still act a bit nervous and continually look over my shoulders to see if anyone is paying any particular notice of me.
    Last edited by Sharon; 07-04-2005 at 10:13 PM.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Being married I've been told to get things for my wife at the store for years. Even then I felt a little uncomfortable with it.

So, now that I'm buying for myself (not that I've bought much yet) I have that little uneasy feeling. But I am working towards a 5 with icing. I can't wait to go shopping with my wife to get nice things for both of us.

By the way, I heard someone else mention this on another thread but I've decided I'm going to get all of my cosmetics at my local grocery store. They have a pretty good selection and....the SELF CHECKOUT LANE! So as long as I can work up the nerve to look and select what I want, paying for it is a snap with no explanation needed.

Pip

PIP.... Not only Comestics but pantyhose and other female items are now sold at grocery stores.

Billi49504
    I'm a 5. I don't have a problem shopping for mself or for the wife. She has also told the sales girls that something is for me. I usually wear LB stretch jeans, they know the stitching on the pockets. Ain't no doubt!!!Billi

Thanks Ricki B Good!

I'm trying to think of relevant questions that seem fun to answer. Thanks for your comments!

Emmi

If I shop en femme, which I prefer, I am a 5. If I am in drab then its usually a 4. Rarely buy anything through a catalog. Like to try things on. If in drab I will only get thinks I fairly sure will fit.

Jennifer

Defnately a five.

To start with, i have always accompanied my wife into all womens clothing stores and now its second nature to me to enter them.

On the rare occassions i'm asked, i have set responses to awkward questions and never get flustered or embarressed.

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

A five with double helpings of icing on the cake

Steph
    [size=3]Le Bleu Angel[/size]

I'm a 4. I love trying things on in shops.

Wife hates me dressing, so no chance of progressing to a perfect 5!

I'm A 5 Also,i Have No Reserves To Shopping And Buying Clothes For Myself,and If They Ask I Tell Them They Are For Me.

MissChrissy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty in PA
    By the way, I heard someone else mention this on another thread but I've decided I'm going to get all of my cosmetics at my local grocery store. They have a pretty good selection and....the SELF CHECKOUT LANE! So as long as I can work up the nerve to look and select what I want, paying for it is a snap with no explanation needed.

Pip
    Ha, funny about buying makeup at the grocery store. When I go to my local pharmacy, I have to walk right down miles of isles full of makeup to get my prescription. I always want to stop and look around, but never do. The other day there was a young woman looking at stuff there and I suddenly imagined myself going up to her and asking if she'd buy me some stuff... The image reminded me of some 16 year old kid outside the liquor store looking for someone to buy him beer! Doh!

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    no wife, no girlfriend, just lil ol' me,..but a 5 fer sher, will shop for anything, anytime,anywhere, even ask questions, use fitting rooms? got in my size??? en femme, or in drabs,...but do shop online often, cuz i'm lazy,
    Last edited by Mandy Salamander; 07-05-2005 at 02:51 AM.

I am one of the lucky few, 5 with the icing on.

pantylover1

I too am a 5 however I still need help with choosing the correct make up, but were working on it

Bernice P

Platinum Member
    As a cross dresser in order to wear your favorite clothes you usually have to buy them on your own or if you're lucky enough your wife or girlfriend will assist you when you treat her to some nice outfits.

What is your degree of comfort in shopping for femme clothes on a scale of 1 to 5?

Where do you rate regarding your comfort in shopping foe femme clothes?

5-I can shop for all my femme clothes including intimates and not think twice about it. If you really want something you will buy it, no matter what

i am a 5 sadly no icing . but if i want something no probleme...i see it i want it i buy it ....and we don't do pushy or rude sales people.....if i encounter them ....let them know that i am here to shop ......yes thay are for me .....

Gemma
    I too am a 5, I go shopping with my Sam, but before we met I was just bordering on a 5, just had a few drinks before I ventured into a shop