Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comfort level in shopping

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar

Teen girl avoidance...

I'm between 4 and 5. I buy all my own stuff and love it. I only hate shopping when the teen girls are around, they make me feel like "your a sex offender" aren't you, pervert...

Katie
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Definitely a five but usually more nervous when dressed. Could be I just don't get out dressed enough? I will work on that! Hugs Krystal.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    As a cross dresser in order to wear your favorite clothes you usually have to buy them on your own or if you're lucky enough your wife or girlfriend will assist you when you treat her to some nice outfits.

What is your degree of comfort in shopping for femme clothes on a scale of 1 to 5?

1-I do not shop. I just borrow my wife's/girlfriend's panties.

2-I'd like to shop but am not comfortable. If I need clothes I order by catalog.

3-I shop occasionally for packaged stockings/pantyhose and panties at the supermarket when I go grocery shopping. If I need other femme clothes I shop by catalog.

4-I can shop for some femme clothes like pants and shirts/blouses but find it difficult to buy intimates or dresses. I order those items by catalog.

5-I can shop for all my femme clothes including intimates and not think twice about it. If you really want something you will buy it, no matter what.

5 (with the icing on the cake)-Not only can I shop for all my femme clothes but I have my wife/girlfriend assist me when I shop. I have the best of both worlds.

Where do you rate regarding your comfort in shopping foe femme clothes?

Emmi
    I am a 5 as i buy all my clothes and underwear.

Adrianne

A shaky 5. I go out and buy my own stuff...and do in enfemme. But i get nervous as hell when i have to talk to the sales clerks. Thats why I espeically love Thrift Stores. (No salespeople to put up with and you can try on cloths in unisex dressing rooms).

I will say the MAC store here in atlanta gets so many Tgirls and they are so friendly that I don't get nervous there. I will say 2 GGs in the store had looks of shock on their faces when I spoke up and told the sales girl what I needed.

Emmicd, are you setting yourself up as the new Kinsey?

I thought until recently I couldn't ever buy clothes for 'my' Laura. Then I bought a blouse in M&S on a quite evening after having bought other 'drab' stuff. Last night I was in Debenhams browsing racks with loads of GG's buzzing about and then took 4 tops to the large queue at the Till and didn't bat an eyelid. I'm sure some of the GG's didn't give a seconds thought to what I was doing shoping there, much like I wouldn't think anything of seeing a GG shopping in a mens department. But I did get a few looks, but unless I 'cracked' , it would leave them guessing.

I suppose holding a summer dress up against me, did rather give the game away to those who saw! The one department I couldn't hang around too much in, was the Lingerie department, but some of the gear on offer that looked a million dollars on the mannequins, but wouldn't do the job required!

I did buy two perfect tops to go with stuff I have (pics soon!) but one of the top is too small (the dearest one as well!), but all the more incentive to diet
    Last edited by Laura Jane; 07-05-2005 at 02:06 PM.

5 My wife has assisted me, but she really has a hard time with it still.
    DonnaT

Aspiring Member
    I think I'm a 5++++, but then if I wasn't I'd have a bit of a problem.

Anne

Eileen1969

Exclamation 5 and one half!

I am very comfortable in shopping for all my fem stuff!~ may I be decked out or not! I love being a girl!~ lots of love Ronxxxooo
    "Love my legs and envy them...."
    "Love is all I need....
    "Sexy and know it!"

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I'm a 5 also. I have pretty much no trouble shopping for myself. I have tried on things in a couple of stores - even when I had to ask for assistance. It was great!
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

When I go out shopping my fiance usualy comes with me.

I never have a problem buying things but I need to feel like my look is perfect for me to feel comfortable. This can take time as I'm very fussy.

Lost in Calgary ToxicDisneyGoddess's Avatar
    I Am a 5 eexcept the whole wife or gf thing, but my boyfreind takes me shopping and i go enfem so how exciteing is that
    ToxicDisneyGoddess@yahoo.com
    [SIZE="2"]Have you found the goddess in you?![/SIZE]
    "Everything we experience makes us realize how beautiful life really is" Britney Spears

Departed
    I'm at #5 because i no longer have a wife (although we had shopped together) and it's too soon after the split to have a GF. I need a relationship break.

A five on the road

When I am traveling out of town, I am a 5. I no longer care about what people who don't know me think. My wife doesn't know so no icing for this cake. In town I am a little more discrete, less about the store clerks but being seen with a Victoria Secret or MAC bag at the local mall by people I know. This girl loves to shop. :Power:

I think there are a lot of shy cross dressers not replying as it seems everyone posting is between a 4 to 5 with some lucky enough to have their wife or girl friends support.

I am also with most of you girls between a 4 and a 5.

I would love to walk in to a woman's boutique some time and ask for help in trying on some femme outfits and be accepted.

Have any girls had a pleasurable experience in literally trying on dresses at a womans boutique and got good advice?

Emmi

I would have to say I am between a 4 and 5. I like to shop(it's the only way to get new things) but I do get very nervous. I feel as if all eyes are on me. Sometimes, I'll look around for a bit and just leave and come back later and when I do buy stuff it's very quick. I get my size, hide as much as I can in my arms, then run to the register, pay and like a gazelle, I am back at the car.
    :Power: [SIZE=4]Sindy[/SIZE]

Wink

I would have to say that I'm a 5, but still aways very nervous. I do use the dressing rooms and when they ask mention that it is for me not someone else. I'm working on not getting soo nervous.

Sabrina

To progress to a 5 comes down to how often you shop. The more you do it the easier it gets!

But trying on dresses is not so easy!

Emmi

I've managed to work my way to a solid 4 over time. I have no problem walking into lingerie departments & shopping with other women. Being a lover of both women and womens intimate wear, I find it interesting to mingle w/ them as they shop, knowing that when they get home, they'll have those items against their skin too, and they'll enjoy them as much as I will enjoy the items I select.
    I've shopped w/ my SO before, but she mostly dislikes it. She tolerates my activities & has occasionaly joined in, but mostly, she dislikes it. However, if we're out shopping together & i see something in a lingerie dept. as we walk through, I have no problem with stopping to purchase it. She merely walks away, preparing herself for the inevitable argument later. Oh well.
    As I stated in a thread I started earlier, an interesting turn of events happened Tuesday evening when my SO 'outted me' per se, to one of her GG friends. It went totally wrong for her. Her friend absolutely loved my clothing collection, tried on skirts & blouses for an hour, selected a handfull of items she wanted to 'borrow for awhile', said repeatedly that I have really good taste in clothes, which totally surprised her. She said she'd be back, and we'd pursue this joint venture into sharing wardrobes further. For this time, I can definitely say that being 'outed' was A GOOD THING INDEED !!!.

So to sum it up, this potential venture would definitely make me a 5. And I love to shop online as well - (i collect the photos of the clothes from the websites - they make pleasant slide shows for calmer times).

Southern Minnesota

Rating

I now am a 5 it was hard at one time but now when I see something I want I buy it. Don't care what anyone thinks.

Banned Read only

comfort level in shoping

shop assistants really couldn't be bothered who your'e buying for, they've got enough problems of their own, but i've found if you have any problems (sizes, trying on, makeup etc.) most will be only to glad to help.

thank goodness !

I'm a 4 1/2. I have no problem buying dresses or underwear in stores where I'm not known. I have even bought shoes in walmart and the cashier never batted an eye while checking me out. The one thing I've never done is ak for help when buying makeup.

Aaaaah, supporting wives....

I am definately a "5" on the scale, my wife and I always go shopping together.
    I also shop on my own as well, no biggy....
    [SIZE=4]Leilani68[/SIZE]

girlie guy
    Three.
    As much as I would enjoy going on a spree, it is easier to shop online.
    An online spree, I mean!

I'm a 4 1/2 to 5 depending on where I shop. My wife has gotten a lot of new things lately, too bad they're a bit too big for her, giggle. there is one consignment shop near my whose owner is just great and in there I'm a 5+

dana

Corin
    Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    1-I do not shop. I just borrow my wife's/girlfriend's panties.

2-I'd like to shop but am not comfortable. If I need clothes I order by catalog.

3-I shop occasionally for packaged stockings/pantyhose and panties at the supermarket when I go grocery shopping. If I need other femme clothes I shop by catalog.

4-I can shop for some femme clothes like pants and shirts/blouses but find it difficult to buy intimates or dresses. I order those items by catalog.
    So, for a little bit of fun:

2 years ago - 1
    1 year ago - 2, my girlfriend helped me out here at first
    3 months ago - 3, I bought stockings w/o my girlfriend there so I could suprise her
    now - somewhere on my way to 4, I am working up to it, I "shop" in the womens sections when alone, but I havent actually bought anything without the cover of my girlfriend.