Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As a cross dresser how do you think girls feel?

As a cross dresser how do you think girls feel?

As a cross dresser what do you think gg's really think of us wearing really femme outfits?

Do you think they feel any of the following

1-Unaffected, but will look out of curiosity
    2-Put off by it
    3-Somewhat amused and curious
    4-Amazed and appreciative that a guy would want to wear a dress with bra and panties
    5-Jealous that he dresses nicer than she does
    6-Accepting and very supportive
    7-Wow! Where did he get that dress! I must ask!
    8-I must start dating or marry a CD!
    9-We must go shopping together!
    10-So he wears a dress! Who cares?

Just thought it would be fun to get in the mindset of a GG about cross dressing.

Would like to hear from CDs/TGs and GGs!

Thank you Emmi

I love your post! Thank you! I think #5 - 10 are all of my instinctive reactions!

There will be some gg's for each of #1 through #10. 1,2,3, and 10 are the more likely response.

Jennifer

Thanks Umbrellagirl!

It's always refreshing to get a real girl's perspective on our femme dressing. I would wish that most girl's would actually find our dressing kind of interesting and that they could accept it.

I dress because it makes me feel good and never intend to do it to hurt or bother anyone. I would love to be fully dressed in front of real girls and be accepted. That would be a dream come true.

Hope to hear from more GGs and all of you girls no matter where you fall in the spectrum.

Thank you

Emmi

I suppose three is what i would expect as a reaction by most GG's.

Indifference is how i HOPE they react (for avoiding conflict), but it would be nice if some GG's supported men crossdressing if 'it was out there'.

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Have experienced all of these girl reactions but most girls are ok with it i find, however its far more important how you feel about yourself, once you have acquired this inner self confidence about who and what you are then what other people think of you shouldn't really matter, we girls should relax and enjoy being ourselves first and foremost

Steph
    [size=3]Le Bleu Angel[/size]

Tristen Cox
    11. Threatened and possibly thinking you're a bit freaky(may act out to embarrass you)

Just a possible choice to add, not my general opinion though. What a real woman says and does are two totally different things usually. Only they know for sure

#2 if we're wearing the same outfit.

Seriously, I have no idea. Maybe a mix of 4, 3, and 1?

It took me awhile to get used to cross dressers. When I was younger I just thought of them as guys in drag. Didn't realize, there is many different reasons why. Now I would say I am at #4.

"K"
    Cant stop thinking about Rainy.

Sadly, I think that there are more 2's than all the rest put together. The myths out there are still very very strong.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

pantylover1

I think some gals would be put off by it, and still others would be supportive,and a small percentage could care less. Thats my 2 cents worth

Bernice P

Platinum Member
    frist off girlfreind you come up with some intresting threads....keep them comming.....

3-Somewhat amused and curious

i would have to say #3 because most people only think of like drag queens so i think thay would be at least curious......

Femininity on Tap! spaskinstyle's Avatar

Hello Ladies

One, Six, and Ten for me.

I'd either be Uneffected and Curious, Supportive, or Non-Challant.

Theresa

Good thread but probably best answered by the GG's themselves. You'll probably get a pretty diverse number of answers too...going from very understanding and supportive all the way to wanting nothing to do with it whatsoever. It's a good list but not being a GG, I can't tell you how they think and certainly would not want any response that I might give to be considered stereotypical of how they might think or would answer.

Will be interested to read the reponses from our GG's on the forum however.

Love,
    Chrissie

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    The most common response I get are: Why do you want to wear that stuff, I hate it, you can have all mine. My answer is: it's what I like and you would feel different if you weren't exepect to wear it 24/7. Most of the time they agree.

As other go: most don't look or even care. As I have said many times before...
    Teen girls are the bain of my troubles, I'm here for there amusment.

Mostly #1, 3, 10 are probly my guess.

Katie
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

......... well the only gg i know personally and I am with day to day ...having met her here { Kew}.. its very obvious #5 ..accepting ..YES !!!!.... very supportive ...off course YES !!! ...we are g/fs ..she is very natural around me.. I really notice no differences ... however, I am dressed ...very cool ...love her for it ...as for other GG's ...have only told my sisters and Mom about Sherlyn.... they we're like ummmmm ....almost a "WHATEVER" Mom was worried ...Kew calmed her I think ..lol ... so I guess it did not bother them in any way...but ..it remains to be seen ..the reactions if they actually see me

Jennifer Ph's GG

A GG's perspective.

When I first saw the question, I thought this thread was going to ask for responses as to if a CD felt he had a better understanding/appreciation of GG’s and how they think, feel, respond to/with society. Oh well.

So, to respond to your question, as a GG .... I think every situation is unique because not all CD's are the same in their habits, behaviors, and overall attitude whether in guy mode or girl mode. Thus, I can only speak of my personal situation with my CD.

For me, I have only seen "her" a handful of times in 3D. He/she is still uncomfortable with sharing all of the aspects of this part of his/her life. It is still all very new to me and I am very curious and want to learn and understand more about it. What is the thrill? What part of it makes him/her relax? What do you like best about it? What is your favorite color when in femme? Serious questions and fun questions. I suppose one day that I will be more involved in this part of his/her life but for right now, we just occasionally talk about it. The more we talk, the more I could potentially understand and hence, the more supportive I could be. In the beginning, I didn't know anything about it but spent a considerable amount of time ... primarily on the internet ... educating myself. I think that is the situation with a lot of us accepting GG’s. We took the time in the beginning to learn, especially for those of us who have SO’s that may have been ashamed or embarrassed to discuss this part of their lives, and perhaps still are.

Anyway!!!! To really answer your question. When I have seen her all decked out, I am amazed how good she looks. I did her make-up once and she received a ton of compliments on how good it looked. J And she has those long slender legs that us GG’s would die for. To me, though… it’s still my guy just expressing himself and I love him deeply. I have learned to accept this part of him and we keep making baby steps in the right direction. I have even bought femme items for my SO – although, I do prefer that he wear my panties versus buying new ones. We have talked about going shopping to get her some clothes and hopefully one day soon, we will. I think I could be a huge help, some of her outfits just don’t do her justice.
    ~Stacey~

"Give me back my panties! Wait!! These are yours!"

I know plenty of GGs who don't accept it and think it was weird and mucked up.
    Last edited by ~Julie~; 07-05-2005 at 03:06 PM.

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!

I have told 3 GG's, close friends in my life and their typical response was that they were baffled why on earth I want to wear such uncomfortable, horrible clothing.

I'm with Kristen

Most women I know think it's just plain weird. I almost always find a way to ask ggs what they think about cds. I've only met a couple who have said anything at all about it being okay. Of those that think it's just plain weird, most of them also think it's disgusting. Don't forget that many women really appreciate and enjoy manly men, though they want him to be supportive and appreciative of her feminine delights. Scramble that up any way you like and call it #12.

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    As a cross dresser what do you think gg's really think of us wearing really femme outfits?

Hi Emmi,

When I read your question I wondered whether you were talking about random women who might see you crossdressed in a public place, or someone close to you like a spouse, mother, or sister. I think there is an enormous difference there. Since the question of how SO's and family members feel comes up quite frequently here and there are plenty of existing threads about it, I'll take a shot at discussing how strangers might be likely to perceive you.

For myself, if I cast my mind back a few years ago to a time when I knew nothing about crossdressing, I think my response would have been #3, somewhat amused and curious. I've always been an open-minded, live and let live kind of person, and I've had many friends who were "different" or "alternative" in some way. Plus I was already interested in gender issues and attracted to men who didn't fit the macho sterotype. So I definitely would have had a tolerant attitude. However, I wouldn't have known exactly what to think about you. I wouldn't have understood why you were dressed that way, I may have assumed you were gay, or I may have thought you had psychological problems. That way of thinking sounds so bizarre to me now, but back then I simply had no context for understanding crossdressing. I think many GGs are in the same boat. It's not that they are prejudiced against CDs; it's simply that they don't even know what a CD really is!

How you act and conduct yourself while out en femme is also a big factor in how you are perceived by GGs (or anyone, for that matter). Unfortunately, for many GGs our initial reaction to encountering a strange man is to be suspicious and size him up to determine whether he is a threat. I'm not implying that we spend a lot of time thinking about this--it happens on a subconscious level, and is over in a split second unless something sets off an alarm bell. Now, you may think that a guy all dolled up in feminine clothes would be the least threatening guy imaginable, but to someone who doesn't understand what you are doing, you may seem "weird," and weird can be scary. The best thing you can do to put women at ease is act relaxed, smile, go about your business like you have every right to be there. If you are obviously nervous and tense, you may make others wary of you.

I find it's very easy for me to forget how little the general public knows about our lifestyle. I am sure there are many things about us that seem completely normal to me now, which may be seen in a different light by people outside the community. In a way that's good because it makes me bolder, but I guess it could lead to some awkward situations if I were to entirely lose my perspective on how outsiders view CDs and their partners.
    Last edited by Marla GG; 07-05-2005 at 12:36 PM. Reason: missing words
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Susan
    I'm with Kristen.

Grrrrrrrrrr

Most str8 GGs when they clock me seem to have a confused surprised look on their face. Not generally approving by any means. But a very few have seemed to like me judging by their expression and body language.

Lesbian GGs seem to like us. At the gay clubs in atlanta I frequently catch the lesbian chicks looking at me and smiling in a nice way. Often they even look me in the eye as if they are non-verbally saying they approve. The odds especially go up on that if I don't have on my mini skirts and am dressed down in jeans like they dress. (I really think I'm going to change my wardrobe and ditch the short skirts and sexy outfits. GGs out on the town in the summer all have jeans and those sleeveless strap tops on)

The last and most rare category of GGs. Tgirl admirers! I know of two of them in Atlanta. They of course love us to death and want to date us.

Departed
    I'd guess these would rank #9 & #10 for least likely response:
    4-Amazed and appreciative that a guy would want to wear a dress with bra and panties
    8-I must start dating or marry a CD!
    However, if anyone finds that girl who feels this way, tell her I'm available!

My experience has been 'curious' as the most likely response when I'm out in the general public.

Departed
    Marla, your posts are always inciteful, intelligent and well thought out.

Your point about understanding CDing is well taken. I can't tell you how many times I 'educated' someone on what it is to me and they were so surprised. The first reaction almost always seems to be "Are you gay?" then "Are you trying to pick up men?"

A lesbian friend of mine was shocked to learn I was straight. I had known her for a couple of months when the subject came up. What's funny is up to that point she and I would just talk when we ran into each other. We became good friends after I told her I was straight.

My ex had said she thought I was replacing her or that she was jealous of how I looked better than her (not!!). Other women I know were wierded out by it, some were curious but in no way would ever marry a CDer.

But I have never met a woman who was turned on by my dressing.