Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phony Avatars

Angry this has got me quite annoyed

however, I'll simply say my avatar is one I chose from the ones available, she isnt me, but maybe in another life I can look like her. I dont want to put a pitcure of me on here really,for my own reasons. And to quote Forrest Gump, "thats all I have to say about that".
    Is there someone I can speak to, in customer services, I seem to have the wrong body, no I dont have a reciept, er maybe an upgrade.....hello..???

O.k.! These aren't my real shoes o.k.?

Happy now?

But it does convey my character quite nicely. Which is the idea isn't it?

If I looked as good as Cindybarnes or Generblenderdenderender I'd be posting my picture almost as much as Tristen.

But I don't.
    Yet!?

For those that want to show an avatar of their true self but still want some anonymity, I've found doing a close partial crop is a good way to go. It shows some detail without showing too much and still leaves a little mystery as ot the full identity.

<------- + Cropping =

Charlotte

Love me....love me not!

I am a real cd! Though the question is......am I as naughty as I look in my avatar? Hmmmm , could be. I do also have a profile pic that shows more of me than my avatar. For the longest time before I had my avatar posted, thanks to Julie M, (love you too gorgous), I didn't have anything there. I could have had something (anything) other than me posted. But I wanted either me, or nothing. So for quite sometime, you saw nothing. Now it's me. If you'd like to see more of me, look for the thread "Sarah's pics (finally)" Thanks to Tristen She helped me get those posted. (Love ya babe). Tristen is right though, most of us like to dream, and some avatars can reflect those dreams and we'd like for others to see what we are dreaming. As Tristen mentioned the part that's wrong is when someone claims a pic to be of them and it's not. Otherwise, if it's not them and there is nothing from that person claimming that to be them, then we can see that persons beautiful dream. I hope that all dreams come true. Love Sarah.
    Feel The Passion!!

Back down memory lane ... OK, here's my very first av here:

My younger girl dreaming of the future. I need more pictures, I am getting bored with the ones I have that are any good.

This is the internet, girls! Anybody can represent themselves as they choose, in words or pictures. Anyway, what does it matter? I see no reason to call anyone out unless they are hurting somebody else. Clicking on the user ID often shows a pic of the real Tgirl as well.

You look great to me, Julie Y! And Charlotte, you are hotter than snot, if you will forgive a rustic expression (anyway, I heard it from a GG).

I also like the way Stephanie B uses pix of models to show a new outfit, or a cartoon to show a mood.

Rachel xx
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 07-06-2005 at 06:06 PM.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

I think the point Julie was trying to make is that there are people posting obviously phony pics and avatars and claiming them as themselves. It doesn't just happen here, it happens all over the net. I remember the first time I signed online a loooong time ago and chatted with and had someone send me their pic. I was stunned at the luck of having bumped into someone with supermodel looks my first trip online. Oh and don't get me started on some of the dating sites. Apparently on some of the free sites, cast members of shows like Buffy and Smallville are really needing dates, cause I've seen pics taken straight from those shows plastered all on there.

I use my legs for my avatar because I think they are my best feature and I don't have too many pics of me enfemme yet. My face pic is a horrid mirror shot that just drives me crazy. Soo you girls get to stare at my legs crossed and the hem of one of my favorite skirts!
    Krissi

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Cummings
    I am a real cd! Though the question is......am I as naughty as I look in my avatar? Hmmmm , could be. I do also have a profile pic that shows more of me than my avatar. For the longest time before I had my avatar posted, thanks to Julie M, (love you too gorgous), I didn't have anything there. I could have had something (anything) other than me posted. But I wanted either me, or nothing. So for quite sometime, you saw nothing. Now it's me. If you'd like to see more of me, look for the thread "Sarah's pics (finally)" Thanks to Tristen She helped me get those posted. (Love ya babe). Tristen is right though, most of us like to dream, and some avatars can reflect those dreams and we'd like for others to see what we are dreaming. As Tristen mentioned the part that's wrong is when someone claims a pic to be of them and it's not. Otherwise, if it's not them and there is nothing from that person claimming that to be them, then we can see that persons beautiful dream. I hope that all dreams come true. Love Sarah.
    Thank you Sarah

I change my avatar all the time ..it is me...I never really thought about what Julie has said ...guess it really doesn't bother me...

Susan Walker

I only change my avatar when I feel like it or when someone makes change it.

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    Wow, I don't know if this is a ribbing or grilling. I have had my own pics up in my avy and pro, just not now. The pics that are up now are not GG's. The avy is Izam of Shazna, and of course Mana in the pro. I would never claim those as being me.

Question Did I start this?

Hey Ladies

Julie M, "So ladies, before you pay out those compliments, think!"
    Sorry, you're right, I wasn't thinking, didn't stop to think someone would be cheating.

Susan Walker, "Compliments on phony avatars. Some people are easily amused."
    You hit the nail on the head.

Jill-Cindy,
    How's this, having fun!

Ricki B
    Last edited by Paula Rae; 10-11-2005 at 08:19 PM.

Tristen Cox
    OKay this thread is gettin weird dude!

Ricki, that's a delightful pic. You should really use it as the portrait in your public profile!
    - Robert Hunter

Ok,, Adriane & Pretty in PA,,,, now im heart broke cause I thought those were you girls avitars
    I have seen many great photos that would be impossible to tell,, GG/CD,, so I dont question it often,
    The chat room I first met most of my friends, online and in person, has a very strict rule, and that is if your avitar is not your pic, it has to say "fantasy pic" underneath. Of course we are not talking about Homer Simson pics, but this leaves no room for guessing . Its no big deal to me, but see how someone intentionaly trying to mislead others is wrong, Im sure if I look here in the rules its outlined in a similar way
    Cindy

Tristen Cox
    Okay this is the real me... satisfied?

[SIZE=4]<[/SIZE]-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    Okay this is the real me... satisfied?
    Shame on you, Tristen!
    7/5 update: never mind.
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 07-06-2005 at 02:05 AM.
    - Robert Hunter

Okay, I confess -- the avatar isn't really me. I'm actually quite stunning, but I didn't want to give the rest of you inferiority complexes.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar

False Avatars

I would EXPRESSLY hope that NO ONE thinks that my avatar is the "Real Me"!!! ------It is merely a depiction of how I feel inside of me, and of what I would LIKE to look like!---I like the seductive, sexy look that my avatar gives, and the impression that it gives, of --"Mystery"!-------But NO!---In NO way, is it the "Real Me"!!!-----------In fact, the "real me" looks like Sean Connery in that movie-" The Hunt for Red October"!---An old movie. ---Can you imagine that type of person in Dress?-----Well, thats what I look like!!!
    Last edited by Sweet Jeanette; 07-05-2005 at 10:40 PM. Reason: More info
    [SIZE="3"][50 miles from ANYWHERE![/I][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Shinya
    Wow, I don't know if this is a ribbing or grilling. I have had my own pics up in my avy and pro, just not now. The pics that are up now are not GG's. The avy is Izam of Shazna, and of course Mana in the pro. I would never claim those as being me.
    I THOUGHT the face looked familiar. ^_^ Here's one of Izam from my archives...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Sharon,

I love your new avatar. Very nice!
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    Okay, I confess -- the avatar isn't really me. I'm actually quite stunning, but I didn't want to give the rest of you inferiority complexes.
    oops, looks like you put the "stunning" avatar up by mistake instead of the fake. Now I'm back into "inferiority complex" counsuling Curse youuuuuuuu!

Quote Originally Posted by cindybarnes
    Its no big deal to me, but see how someone intentionaly trying to mislead others is wrong, Im sure if I look here in the rules its outlined in a similar way
    Cindy
    I hope you aren't infering that I tried to mislead anyone intentionaly or broke any rules. Like I said, I picked this from a list of avatars available on this site. Besides, more than once I've mentioned that I'm a 6'4" 250lb guy. The cute little artist rendition I have up couldn't possibly be more than 5'2", 100 lbs soaking wet!

I just thought it was a cute little drawing and was reflectant of how I wanted to feel when dressed. I can tell that it is a drawing and would hope that most people can too. If my mug was there instead nobody would want to read my posts anyway....the fright factor would run them off!

Pip

I will post a picture when I'm ready to! I don't need to be rushed! I'm perfectly happy with the cartoon character right now. When I find the right picture that captures my femme self I will use it. But I will need guidance on how to put it in my profile and as an avatar. I'm not all that proficient with computers.

My 6 year old knows more about computers than I do!

Emmi

My first avatar was a pic of an Ice-Queen... then came the real pic of me.... to which most of you thought I looked like butter wouldn't melt ... how wrong you all were!!!!

This avatar..... I'm afraid.... is really me
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Ronna's Evil Twin
    Come on, don't be silly, lighten up! We are pretending to be girls, aren't we? Why not pretend to be Aphrodite? There's no harm done. And what if I wanted to be Betty Rubble? I will if I want to!