Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Has This FORUM Changed Your Life

Number 1 - above all other things I learned that I was not the only guy in the history of the universe to CD.

Number 2 - I gained an understanding of why.

Number 3 - I gained the confidence to come out to my wife.

Number 4 - Learned heaps of new tips, esp hair and make up

Number 5 - I gained the confidence to get out and about.

Heaps of other bits and pieces too numerous to mention. Lets just say after finding this forum I was like someone finally turned on the lights. I was no longer alone in the dark

Has this forum changed my life? Good question.
    Answer: No.
    My course in life was set long before I ever came here. Of that I am most certain.

However, I can honestly say that there were times when, in moments of depression and uncertainty, that, were it not for this place, I would probably not be here alive today!

Were it not for the kind words of the members here I would have surely taken my own life.( Don't any of you girls ever.....ever...ever let yourself sink that low without reaching out for help!!!)

Let me say a word of appreciation to the member that were here at that time.

"Thank You, Ladies, for saving my life."

With much love,
    Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Seems this forum has induced in me an intense craving for cheese. Like sharp cheddar.

MMMMM. Cheddar.

Crysten

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]It introduced me to the woman of my dreams! Bre Rue [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

You girls have made me feel good about myself,as I realize who I truly am. Before I registered ,I came on as a visitor and read almost all 900 pages !! As I read some of those posts,I felt as if they could have been written by me. Thanks girls for giving Kristy a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysten View Post
    Seems this forum has induced in me an intense craving for cheese. Like sharp cheddar.

MMMMM. Cheddar.

Crysten
    Try jam on it too then you'll really know what this forum has done for you
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Reading this forum has provided me great ideas on dressing and makeup, and it has actually motivated me to go further than I had been in the past. By that I mean, I pay more attention to my undergarments and complete appearance, and I spend more time trying to perfect my makeup. Initially, I was content with dressing and some makeup, but this forum has raised the bar. I truly believe I have increased my feminine appearance and sensuality by reading and observing what is in this forum.

Id have to say that this forum has helped me develop better as a CDer. I can get tips, advice and links to helping myself go from man in a dress with the 5 o clock shadow to a beautiful woman.

aside from that, it also gives me people to talk to and enjoyment.

theres nothing better then coming home in the evening and logging on to see whats new
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Ablsolutely, I can now express myself and my desires without someone being judgemental.

There are many things I have learned here:

Batty tries to bring insight into the worldwide struggles of Transgendered people

TxKimberly shows us that you can be out and about and meet people you would never meet otherwise.

It's Ok to play hockey in drag, Karren

I found out I have friends who have gone down the same road I have and this does not just pertain to clothing but to life experiences and that many stories are similar and we can learn from each other. Thanks Teri Jean

I learned that you don't have to dress to the nines every time you dress up. Sometimes it is OK to be a guy in a dress.

I have been told to dress "age appropriate" but I don't know how old I really am.

I learned life is short and there is no "reride" if you don't try to stay on the full 8 seconds. I also learned if you spin fast enough you puke.

I know that many people here have a great sense of humor and some days that laugh is enough to make the rest of the day tolerable. You know who you are, you are all on my friends list

I have "met" some wonderful F-M people here that I would have never known and they try and explain to this old queen how things are for them.

That I know am not the only smart as* in Denver

I have learned you can eat jam and cheese and try not to anger Tamara, she is much nicer than she appears

AND I drink more now Thanks !!!!Az and everyone at the Tabernus
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    This forum is very important to me. I'm very closeted and don't often have the opportunity to let the girl inside of me out. This forum gives me that opportunity and I really appreciate and need it. I get the chance to communicate with others who understand what it's like to want to be pretty and to be girl even when most of the world sees you as a guy. Thank you Crossdressers.com.

I'm a forum newbie, been here maybe a week or two...

But I have to say that it is extremely nice to be able to discuss crossdressing issues. Yes, I know that's a pretty broad, vague statement. But being in the closet, there's no real outlet for me to talk about these things; internalizing everything was starting to drive me a bit crazy.

So, even just reading things other CD's/TG's have experienced or vocalizing exactly what I feel is a huge step forward for me.
    Last edited by Ms Mira; 07-21-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Would just like to say that the one thing that has changed my life is my girlfriend as without her I would not have talked to anyone about my feelings towards cding.. she has encouraged me to join this site (have looked at others but this looked like the best one) to be able to talk to other people in the same situation.. I havent felt comfortable or happy about cding before now.. today was the first time that I dressed fully as a woman (although i didn't do my makeup ) and the first thing that she mentioned when she walked into the room was how tall i was in my stilettos!!! lol. Her reaction has put me at ease with myself and feel alot more relaxed knowing that she loves me no matter what!!! (btw... she wrote that bit :-)) knowing that we both have somewhere to go if we have any questions is fab..

Carysmarie (and my girlfriend)
    x

Even though I've only been here a very short time, I have already gained more confidence and courage about going out in public. This is from others posting and sharing their experiences of going out. It's also a great feeling to realize there are so many people like me. I don't feel as different as I did before.

It has taught me I'm not the only one who likes to dress like this,and we are world wide,kind of nice,more men should dress like us.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

I have to say that the greatest thing about the members here is the tolerance for different viewpoints, and the acceptance for who each of us is on an individual basis. I've been online for a log time, and remember well the TG usenet boards where the flame wars went on regularly between all the guys who would insist that we all fit into one category, you know, those who insist we are all gay and in denial, or that we are really all TS. Very few here seem to feel that way, or at least don't force the issue.

It's also nice to hear from the GG's occasionally, and know that they really do exist, so that yes, there is a slim chance that I will someday meet someone and have a romantic relationship again.

So I raise my glass to all of you, even the moderators that I sometimes find to be overzealous.

CHEERS!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

fem name: rebecca mindfulperson's Avatar
    without this fourm i would not have had the courage and strength to do what i always wanted to do and that was dress in womens clothing you girls are really supportive and angie thank you for believing in me because of your kind words I wear my womens white sweatpants with pride.
    Last edited by mindfulperson; 07-22-2009 at 02:51 AM.
    WHEN I PUT ON MY WOMENS WHITE SWEATPANTS MY FEM SIDE REBECCA COMES OUT TO PLAY AND THE FUN BEGINS!

This forum has given me the opportunity to meet (in cyber space anyway) others that share my feelings and with that has come exchange of ideas and tips etc.

It has also given me the confidence to try such things as shopping for girly things whilst underdressed and/or part femme dressed and going out to take photo's of myself.

I still have some way to go, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have got even this far without this forum.

I think for me the biggest impact has been confidence.

Had I not come accross this forum I would never have had the confidence to talk to my SO about being a crossdresser. The difference it makes having spoken to someone openly and honestly about this part of my life.

Since then I don't really hide this part of me except from my family. If I have someone over and they notice a pair of heels and ask what they are for I tell them and they either except it or leave.

Also it has been a great place to meet people who have shared similar experiences and feelings, and to get advice , support and tips. As I am sure you have noticed when members have a problem totally unrelated to CD'ing people flock to give them suppoprt and comfort.

Really this has been and still is very important place for me even if I don't get as much time as I would like to visit.
    Susan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]If you love freedom set it free. If it comes back, its yours, if not, its 1936 Stalinist Russia! - The Daily Show[/SIZE]

I am not alone

To know that I am not alone, not sick, not twisted, not perverted...

Can anyone other than one of us truly know how affirming and sustaining that feels?

This is no exaggeration: I literally owe my life to all of you.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    Even I'm new here the Forum changed my life in many aspects: I can express myself just as I am. I gained confidence and every day I learn a lot for improving my life and be a better person.

And better than that I feel less lonely each day.

Thanks to the Forum and to all its wonderful members!
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

Kiss Stick On Nails have changed my life forever. Thanks Karren ...

Silver Member
    Given me someone to talk to about a part of my life that I enjoy but until now haven't been able to share, and a whole lot of new friends to boot, I really like comeing here

This forum is a map through the Mine Feild. To be able to take a path well
    traveled, rather than blaze a new rocky route. To be with caring, more open
    experienced friends. To enjoy others victory and soften each others miss-steps. Confirm that this is an imperfect journey, but well worth the time.

Thank you moderators and managers. Thank you members.

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    yes thank you all.. I am newly out this year, so I have a fairly good perspective of being deep in closet to being out online and in person within 6 months.

a few things inspire me here:

1. The number of new introductions everyday, OMG,, I feel like Cders are coming out of closet exponentially.
    2. some of the confident being out and about cders is awesome,, being married with kids and not intending to SRS is ok,, I am not alone, There are many like me.
    3. One can achieve fem beauty via many ways, Our internal fem auras are all different.
    4. You are not alone, we share a common bond,, I have meet in person and online many girls,, NOT one, has turned me off. We are all sisters. and knowing that brings joy to my heart.

Sorry for being sappy, but thank you, And for all my online sisters and close friends a bit roberta hug!

CIAO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vancouver Home 2010 olympics!