Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Has This FORUM Changed Your Life

Platinum Member

How Has This FORUM Changed Your Life

How has this forum changed your life and your crossdressing?
    For myself it has given me a better understanding of myself and
    taken away the lonelyness that I felt . I now feel like I have so
    many new friends that I can talk to [ask for or give advice to].
    In closing I would just like to thank all the girls on the forum.
    .................................................. ............thanks ORCHID

It has helped me come out of my shell, and lonliness, helping me understand myself, you others, and this thing we have in common, for better, or for worse. It has helped me see how similar, yet different we all are, and from all walks of life, religious, or non, liberal, or conservative, we have this hobby in ommon.

Gold Member
    I would have to say that I never really felt alone in my CDing, however, what I wil say that this forum and all the wonderful people here have lifted my self confidence immeasurably and have helped me to devlop my sense of style as well. Thanks everyone for your support, and I hope that I have been equally supportive as well. You're a special group of people.

I have been on here a little over 2 years. I have learned a lot about this whole side of life, including the issues, the participants (all over the human spectrum), makeup tips, clothing and accessory tips, have met some great people and expect to meet more, and have added my 2 cents sometimes properly and other times not so properly after one of my hot buttons (probably a guy thing) have been pushed. Overall an A+ experience recommmended for all.

Aspiring Member
    For years I always thought that the only men dressing as women were drag queens performing on stage, prostitutes, and some gay men at bars. So I always felt isolated and freakish. So after twenty years of dressing on a regular basis with a few purges in between I now only feel mildly freakish. Thanks to this website I now know that there are so many of us who are just regular Joes who just so happen to wear a dress, skirt, wig, heels, makeup, and for a lot of us fake boobs. What a cool website, and with a little time I can heal from my ex-wife’s demoralizing outlook on cd and meet some of you really cool people in person. Cheers to all of you.

my reply

for me i am still a new member,so i cant say this message board yet has been any help.hopefully , and optimistically, i hope to in time make a few online friends.
    when i wound up here in the midwest, i made a few friends in the glbt community quite unexpectly,but they are nice people.one of those people is stlalice.she is a real nice person.she was the one that suggested i might want to try this message board,thus, i hope to make some friends over
    time.

i started transition m2f , with support of a couple of gg friends of mine.i have been on hrt for a total of approx 12 yrs.
    this has not been easy for me, although life itself isnt a bouquet of flowers. i never expected life itself to be easy,but i didnt expect some of the actual prejudice i have experienced...case and point i am soon filing a lawsuit against the county i lived in,as well as a neighbor for various violation of my civil rights among other events that occured to me.
    melissa

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    It has given me a forum (no pun intended) to express myself - my views, my hopes, my fears, (my pictures ) and more. More than that, it has provided me a connection to other like-minded individuals and shown me that no matter where we are on the TG spectrum or where we are in this world, there is someone else who understands. When you feel alone and isolated, when you feel scared, when you feel happy, you can talk with someone else who has probably already been there and can either commiserate or celebrate with you.

Thank you, my friends!

Kathi

Over the past couple of years that I've been on this forum I've had a lot of wonderful advice from a lot of wonderful girls here. Reading some of the posts here has given me the confidence to not only come out to some of my friends but also given me the confidence to be at peace with who I am. I knew I wasn't alone when I came here, but I had no idea of just how many of us go through the exact same things. I've learned a lot of makeup tips and shopping tips and sites and am very appreciative of all of you here.

Jasmine

Same for me... helped me come out more; find support and acceptance; and find out who I am....
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

For me, I now know that I'm not the only one. I always thought that I was some kind of freak. It has helped me to gain the courage to conciensly(sp) move towards the person who I always knew was inside. I am soooooo very thankful for finding this site.

It has helped me understand myself and has helped with some style and tips. I would recommend this site to any CD.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Everything everyone said above, PLUS:

Because of the folks here, I'm VERY close to accepting my CDing.

If and when that ACTUALLY happens, who knows WHAT I'll be capable of next?!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

im not alone

just finding im not alone
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

OMG I still cry sometimes when I am on here. I have known for sometime that I was different in a way that was good not bad. Many counselors or the likes. Have helped me to come to a balance in life with male and female aspects. When I found this site it was like a breath of fresh air. I wasn't the only one any more there is others like me. It is amazing how so many have had the same experiences in life. Thank you all that went before me and those who are yet to make it here.

I have received so much just in personal relieve if that is the right words I am looking for.

I know that there is so much more. I still looking for the wine cellar at Holly's and those cookies.LOL
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

Well,, I'm kind of an FNG here, but, seeing all the "outting" stories has helped my confidence.

Oh I've found some very wonderful people here whom I love very deeply

The transsexual community has been especially special... Putting up with my panic attacks, my longwinded struggles to keep hold of my friends and simply embracing me as part of the family... Awwwwwwwwwww x
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

This Forum, and by that I mean you all here, had given me the courage and understanding two years ago to finally tell my wife about this part of me.

I owe you all so much for that!

jenn

Oh, I forgot, to mention, that the forum has shown a wide range of emotions, and the many sides of Tamara ! Boy, am i in trouble, now!?

The forum has helped me realise that Cding is not so unusual and I now feel more comfortable with myself.I would still love to be more open and out of the closet more but at least I feel as though I dont have to be so paranoid about being a CD.Hopefully I can edge my way along an avenue of acceptance with my wife and share some special times dressed together!
    That would be fun!
    Pattie

As a closet CD this forum has brought me into contact with other people who are in a similar position. It hasn't really changed me in any way but does provide a great deal of enjoyment in being able to have a say, help with some advice at times and from sometimes even give me a good laugh. I never cease to be amazed at how brave a lot of you are in getting out in the world. This forum is full of different characters who all add something in their own way to each of us.

What has this forum done for me ?

Just 6 words:

"It enabled me to go full-time"

Banned Read only
    Jolan Tru,

More than seven months ago this forum has turned me away from my plan to commit suicide because I had correspondence with some users who were very helpful. I believe I already mentioned that in some similar thread...

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Quite simple. If it weren't for this forum, I may have never heard of the SISTERS family group that helped me step out of the closet, out the door, and into the real world as my true femme self (thanks Sally). I honestly don't think I would have ever had the nerve to become a public crossdresser if it weren't for seeing pictures of other TGirls outside, enjoying their selves, and reading their stories.

Now, two years later, I'm one of them, helping others find their way out, hoping I can inspire others as well. It's been a long journey, sometimes very unsure and heartbreaking, but I'm glad I did it, and I'll never look back.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Mostly that I am not alone. There are others like me. It has enabled me to express my emotions and thoughts.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

The forum has changed my life, I think positively. It's given me something more positive to read and I can share my experiences or offer/take advice on things that come up in my life as well. With some members on here, it feels a bit like a family to me.