Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to tell if local laws against crossdressing?

I've never heard of any such laws
    Sheesh..haul you off to jail because your wearing a dress? And the charge would be? Trying to look pretty in public? Sixty days!

As far as I know I don't know any.
    I’m falling down the rabbit hole and loving the trip down.

I've heard that using a ladies restroon is illegal in Las Vegas unless you're a GG.

The Belle from Hell! Wrenchette's Avatar
    I am remembering an episode of Barney Miller where Wojciehowicz arrests a crossdresser for something but I can't remember what and can't find a video of the episode "Vigilante." As I recall, Wojo arrested him after he hit on the crossdresser and was pissed after she turned out to be a he...
    Redheaded woman in a dirty Corvette.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    Nobody in our national association, so far as I can find out, has ever in 25 years been arrested for crossdressing. Certainly not by the police in one town near here where the chief of police cross-dresses (not while on duty!).
    I think the European Court of Human Rights would take a dim view of any participating state (which includes all EU states) which had any form of general ban. Public toilets are a bit of grey area as you have to balance the rights of the TG against the rights of GGs for a certain level of privacy.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

They are a bunch of old laws that they don't enforce any more but are still on the books encase they want to use them. There are 23 states where it is on the books thqat a woman must wear dress and they have to be below the knees to the ankles.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Citations, please. Do you by any chance have the link or resource where you obtained this information?

Hugs...Joni Mari

Quote Originally Posted by carrie-ann View Post
    They are a bunch of old laws that they don't enforce any more but are still on the books encase they want to use them. There are 23 states where it is on the books thqat a woman must wear dress and they have to be below the knees to the ankles.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Public toilets are a bit of grey area as you have to balance the rights of the TG against the rights of GGs for a certain level of privacy.
    When there are lesbians that rape and abuse children and individual stalls in all toilets what privacy issues are there really that are not actually just transphobia?

Quote Originally Posted by Joselle3 View Post
    .......Trying to look pretty in public?.......
    Well, I could be arrested for being "ugly" in public.

Years ago my ex tried to get me in trouble by telling the police I crossdressed and they just told her that's not illegal.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by battybattybats View Post
    When there are lesbians that rape and abuse children and individual stalls in all toilets what privacy issues are there really that are not actually just transphobia?
    I'm not aware of any incident of "lesbians" raping or abusing children in toilets in the UK. I am aware of cases of male paedophiles (would they be "gays" in your terminology?) abusing children in male toilets.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    I'm not aware of any incident of "lesbians" raping or abusing children in toilets in the UK. I am aware of cases of male paedophiles (would they be "gays" in your terminology?) abusing children in male toilets.
    There aren't any cases of TGs doing so either but it doesnt stop the assumption that there will be, though there are lesbian rapists and pedophiles like the headmisstress of an Australian religious girls school (i think it was last year) as one example.

I'm not sure if there are any laws against crossdressing specifically in some towns. I do know there are laws that crossdressing might fall under. There are laws prohibiting altering your appearance or wearing a disguise in public, I'm sure crossdressing may fall under these laws. But those may be against the law if you only intend to commit a crime while doing it.