Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Don't Really Believe You're Straight, Do You?

Banned Read only

You Don't Really Believe You're Straight, Do You?

Get serious, hunny!

The ol' "square peg in a round hole" feeling was mentioned again in a post today and it got me thinkin'...

Sure, the gender binary oriented societies we live in are under the impression that there are only female and male roles to fit into. (Even if you're gay, you gotta be a male gay or a female gay person...)

But guess what? I figured out that I'm not a square peg or a round peg! I'm a freekin' rhombohedral peg and I really, really like that idea!

Now we just gotta get all those boring square and round pegs to admit that there are multifaceted holes that we can fit into. (And that no, we're not a threat to National Security!)

(It's the caffeine talking...makes me think in images! )
    Last edited by deja true; 05-23-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: little spelling thing...

:)

i think m interested in both dunno i might be wrong too but i always wonder how would it be to be with a guy even tho i have a gf

Quote Originally Posted by tanvi View Post
    i think m interested in both dunno i might be wrong too but i always wonder how would it be to be with a guy even tho i have a gf
    If you didn't have a g/f I'd say... try it you might like it
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

You are more right than many may realize my friend. In more ways (and dimensions and facets) than one.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I prefer to think of myself as octagon and cannot find a whole at all.

Gold Member
    Never did like square holes!!

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] Comes back to puttig a label on everything, we do it as well your a CD, MTF, TG, TS, Non-op, Pre-op, Post-op. We are not comfortable with things unless we can define them. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Ok so I will show my age and most the people here won't remember the song but...

If you ain't wrong, you're right
    If it ain't day, it's night
    If you ain't sure, you might
    Gotta be this or that

of course that isn't true. Everything is a bell curve. Most lie within the bell curve but some are outside. Remember statistics with the error of .001? However, we have to fight everyday to try and establish that we are who we are, not good not bad not abnormal.

Most people here identify as straight. Bravo for them, they may never have the desire for "steak". Some like a buffet. But we are who we are and it is difficult, especially with the media attention we get, to break out of the "Gay, pervert,psychotic killer" mold.

Wouldn't it be nice if when someone came out to their SO that the first question was "how can we make this a part of our lives?" instead of "Are you gay? Are you going to leave me for a man? Do you want to be a woman?" When we break those stereotypes, life will be much easier. But as long as those myths are perpetuated, we will remain closeted gay perverts who kill people in the showers.

It ain't the caffeine talking here
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lorileah, you are so right. I'm not gay, but most "straight" men don't parade around looking like women, either. I'm not sure just what shape I fit into, but all of us here are living proof that the "one size fits all" theory just doesn't hold water.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if when someone came out to their SO that the first question was "how can we make this a part of our lives?"
    It does happen, I can assure you of that.

instead of "Are you gay? Are you going to leave me for a man? Do you want to be a woman?" When we break those stereotypes, life will be much easier. But as long as those myths are perpetuated, we will remain closeted gay perverts who kill people in the showers.
    We must remember though that in breaking some stereotypes we must not inadvertently reinforce others. Not all people in the position described above will answer "no" to each of your three questions. Some people may well be "gay" by any definition you might offer and some may well indeed want to be a woman (or a man, to consider one of the other possibilities). It works both ways.

Sarah...

Human Nature

It's human nature to be curious.

I don't believe that there is a man in the world that wouldn't at least try a woman's clothes on if he was certain he wouldn't be caught.

Beyond that it's only degrees and honesty

Dianne

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    I'd say... try it you might like it
    Reminds me of this old gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEXzx-TINc
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Straight as a boy, straight as a girl... It's only the sex of my partners that's changed
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Soo...

Say you love women.

You love the way they walk, you love the way they talk. You love their heels and are fascinated by the tedium they put themselves through on a daily basis to look good.

After a while of watching that, listening to that, getting to know them, seeing the rituals that are makeup, putting on stockings without runs, trying to zip up your own dress without assistance and any number of other absolutely feminine things... what male wouldn't be tempted to try it for himself?

I absolutely think of myself as straight.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post

Most people here identify as straight. Bravo for them, they may never have the desire for "steak". Some like a buffet. But we are who we are and it is difficult, especially with the media attention we get, to break out of the "Gay, pervert,psychotic killer" mold.

Wouldn't it be nice if when someone came out to their SO that the first question was "how can we make this a part of our lives?" instead of "Are you gay? Are you going to leave me for a man? Do you want to be a woman?" When we break those stereotypes, life will be much easier. But as long as those myths are perpetuated, we will remain closeted gay perverts who kill people in the showers.
    [SIZE="3"]You are so right we have to educate before we can be accepted...the media loves to show our Bizarre examples of our community so how else will we be seen.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I identify as a polymorphic non-structured fliudic personality and am constantly annoyed with those that can only compare me with a static geometric shape.
    jelly fish.jpg
    Last edited by Sally24; 05-23-2009 at 12:55 PM.
    Sally

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    I think I'm more like a Mobius strip, at first glance I look like I have two sides but I really don't, there's only one. And I'm non-orientable and have a single boundary.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Gold Member
    Ah, here we go with labels again. I do view myself as being straight. I have no desire to be with a man. But one thing I will say is that when I do get dressed up to the hilt, fully decked out and feeling realllly goooood, something comes over me. I look in the mirror and don't see my male self. Instead i see an attractive woman. Now, in a previous thread it asked if a guy made a pass at you, what would you think? Well, like any woman, it would be great. Whether that guy was gay or not, new or not, doesn't really matter. I'm not going any further than the compliment any way, but my feminine side would love it. My guy persona wouldn't even surface. If my goal is to understand a woman's feelings (a very complex issue), I won't be afraid to let myself experience them. We all have these characteristics. It's just that in most cases, it's suppressed as being wrong. Hope that makes some sense!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    If you didn't have a g/f I'd say... try it you might like it
    LOL been with both...both can be a lot of fun... I prefer women overall (hence me having a wife), but you're right- guys can be enjoyable too!

I could never have sex with a man. In one respect I am gay though, aka happy!

So your re-sterotyping us back to the old "if you dress you must be gay" thingy?? Thanks for that!! Get your round peg any where near my square hole and you'll get free srs!! Hahaha.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My cross dressing habits are layered.. I can wear heels only, or a bra only, or panties only.. panties with pantyhose (usually never pantyhose alone or tights alone), then there's the from the waist down dressing (panties, pantyhose/tights, skirt and heels).. and of course the "full Monty" fully dressed head to toe.. and then the either going out or not going out.. what is there this type of layering in being gay?? I wouldn't know what it would be..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    So your re-sterotyping us back to the old "if you dress you must be gay" thingy?? Thanks for that!! Get your round peg any where near my square hole and you'll get free srs!! Hahaha.
    Good thing I don't like square holes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Get your round peg any where near my square hole and you'll get free srs!! Hahaha.
    Wow Karren I never knew you were so multifaceted.
    Leave it to an engineer, Is there anything they can't do?

You better watch out though, some here may try to take you up on your offer of getting free work done.
    Just be sure you use the correct blueprints.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Aspiring Member

just off the top...

Deja, you're on to something there.... got me thinking. So I went back and did a re-count, and you are right, there are some extra cards in my deck too, some of them are jokers. Guess I didn't notice them before cause the glasses I've been wearing always seem to straighten out my reflection. What I mean is:

The glasses are spinning
    the suspect reflected
    unrecognised
    Elusive

cheers, dd